B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,825 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As the UK strain (now confirmed in Harris County) makes its way here (inevitable), expect cases to rise sharply. Good luck and hang in there to our tremendous frontline health care people, giving their all.
Bucketrunner
Thank goodness it isn't very virulent, so most will just think it's a cold and not get tested.
Rapier108
FlyRod said:

As the UK strain (now confirmed in Harris County) makes its way here (inevitable), expect cases to rise sharply. Good luck and hang in there to our tremendous frontline health care people, giving their all.
It's here already and has been for a while. Nothing we humans do is going to stop a virus from doing its thing.

Please stop with the fear mongering.
ChampsAg
Don't forget cedar fever. Heard them on the radio today talking about the symptoms of cedar allergy being similar to Covid except for the loss of smell/taste. Even down to the fever.

I saw an article last week about the one symptom everyone with Covid has had...loss of smell/taste. Saw an article today stating that recent studies show loss of smell is most common in MILD Covid cases. I give up.

I was very blessed to have mild symptoms. Never ran a fever, had nausea or headache. I lost my smell and taste, had lower back pain and mild fatigue. I was able to qualify for the infusion treatment at MD Anderson and felt better in 24 hours.
jeffk
AG
Just an FYI: I test monthly at the senior care facility and we usually get the results back in about 48 hours. This latest round of testing however has taken over five days to get results back. No one seems to know what the delay was caused by, but I'd guess the increase in sheer numbers of tests is feasible.
cavscout96
AG
what type of test? The folks I know on campus seem to be doing mostly (by a wide margin) saliva tests.

Maybe that particular test method is seeing a rapid influx of testing samples from the University staff returning?
jeffk
AG
The scratch-your-brain-swab test.
555-PINF
cavscout96 said:

what type of test? The folks I know on campus seem to be doing mostly (by a wide margin) saliva tests.

Maybe that particular test method is seeing a rapid influx of testing samples from the University staff returning?
My wife did a TAMU saliva test on Wednesday afternoon and had results on Thursday mid-morning. Maybe she got lucky, though.
gigem92
AG
I have done the A&M drive-through saliva test twice now, once in November and again earlier this week. Both times I had results back the next day.
BCSWguru
Got test results within 24 hours both times I was tested at TAMU. Unfortunately the second test was a positive and it's sucked ever since.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 155 new confirmed cases, 19 probable cases, 631 tests, 58 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 1 death - a hospitalized white male in his 60's

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 1876 (+105) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/7/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 166 (-4); 26.73% of total hospital capacity as of 1/6/21
FlyRod
The TAMU kiosks are great. Have never waited more then 24 hours for results.
lockett93
AG
Friday's results include:

27 (-1) Covid ICU beds in use
+47 PCR cases today than this day last week
20% in the 18-24 age group (31 people)

Spreadsheet updated, chart tab updated.

LINK TO SPREADSHEET AND CHARTS
theNetSmith
AG
According to the spreadsheet.. prior to Tuesday, we had not yet seen a single day with 150+ positive tests reported.. and today makes the 4th in a row.

Armageddon is here, people.
toolshed
AG
FlyRod said:

They lost tests for my wife and kids and another friend and his family back at the end of October Both families used the same kiosk by Mays. Granted "they" could be their courier.
lockett93
AG
toolshed said:

FlyRod said:

They lost tests for my wife and kids and another friend and his family back at the end of October Both families used the same kiosk by Mays. Granted "they" could be their courier.

They lost mine from a Curative booth in Houston and my daughters was lost from campus.
Counterpoint
AG
LSCSN said:

Got test results within 24 hours both times I was tested at TAMU. Unfortunately the second test was a positive and it's sucked ever since.
As in, it's sucked because you have Covid, or it sucks because of the bureaucracy of a positive test?
BCSWguru
Counterpoint said:

LSCSN said:

As in, it's sucked because you have Covid, or it sucks because of the bureaucracy of a positive test?

Haven't made it to the bureaucracy part of it yet.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 154 new confirmed cases, 65 probable cases, 789 tests, 58 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 2056 (+180) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/8/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 171 (+5); 27.14% of total hospital capacity as of 1/7/21
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 110 new confirmed cases, 12 probable cases, 895 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 2377 (+321) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/9/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 161 (-10); 25.43% of total hospital capacity as of 1/8/21
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 135 new confirmed cases, 14 probable cases, 74 (+16) Brazos county residents hospitalized, 558 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 2484 (+107) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/10/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 143 (-18); 24.15% of total hospital capacity as of 1/9/21
aggiemom89
seems very strange that brazos county hospitalizations increased by 16 but region N hospitalizations decreased by 18.
Inca
AG
Why does that seem strange? There are other counties in region N.
new straw
Other counties may be keeping their own covid patients, since we are out of room? Or it's just worse here than in the other counties.
trouble
AG
new straw said:

Other counties may be keeping their own covid patients, since we are out of room? Or it's just worse here than in the other counties.

Still counts in our region numbers.
trouble
AG
aggiemom89 said:

seems very strange that brazos county hospitalizations increased by 16 but region N hospitalizations decreased by 18.

Could be lots of non Brazos county folks were discharged.

Brazos county numbers are only Brazos county residents not the number of Covid patients in Brazos county hospitals.
new straw
Gotcha. Didn't realize Madison and burleson count even when they keep them. Good to know.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 108 new confirmed cases, 14 probable cases, 71 (-3) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 415 tests, 7 deaths - 4 hospitalized males (2 in 50's, 1 in 60's, 1 in 70's), 1 male in his 80's at home, 1 hospitalized female in her 80's, and 1 female in her 90's at home

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 2488 (+4) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/11/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 153 (+10); 26.33% of total hospital capacity as of 1/10/21
FlyRod
6 deaths. Ugh. Horrible.

KBTX saying 7 deaths actually.
MiMi
S
The health dept's node site says 7 deaths but the dashboard shows 6 deaths. I'm not sure which is correct.
curry97
AG
Not surprised with the amount of people on vents.
trouble
AG
And all the admissions from long term care facilities in the last 6 weeks
Rapier108
I would not be surprised if it was not 7 deaths yesterday, but over the last few days, given how the BCHD has had issues previously with accurate numbers.

And yes, some of this is definitely the end result of nursing home outbreaks, but not all of it. Thankfully it seems those have burned out (hopefully stays that way and no more happen), but given the EMS runs as of late, there is a fair number of cases that are not nursing home related. That said, most of the patients are still people in the age range where they are more vulnerable to the virus.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Post removed:
by user
lockett93
AG
Tuesday's results include:

38 Covid ICU beds in use
-44 PCR cases today than this day last week

Spreadsheet updated, chart tab updated.

LINK TO SPREADSHEET AND CHARTS
First Page Last Page
Page 114 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.