B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,838 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lots of people wanted to get tested before visiting family. False sense of security, IMO.
techno-ag
AG
trouble said:

Lots of people wanted to get tested before visiting family. False sense of security, IMO.
Yup. Hawaii requires it for tourists too, if anyone was headed that way.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Inca
AG
Tangent.....curious what ER protocol SHOULD be. In waiting room and lady who is Covid positive walked in. She sat in the chair at the check in area then sat in the general waiting area. No sanitation afterwards.

Is this normal procedure?
dubi
AG
Inca said:

Tangent.....curious what ER protocol SHOULD be. In waiting room and lady who is Covid positive walked in. She sat in the chair at the check in area then sat in the general waiting area. No sanitation afterwards.

Is this normal procedure?

Wait in car until taken straight back to a room. That is straight up BS!
Rapier108
Sadly, there is another nursing home with an outbreak. Couple of EMS runs today for a place I hadn't heard any before, one for a person with a confirmed case, the other with an assumed positive case, but the test results weren't back yet.
trouble
AG
I didn't know anywhere had waiting areas open.
Inca
AG
trouble said:

I didn't know anywhere had waiting areas open.

Yes. Scott and White in Brenham. A second person came in with symptoms and stated 2 people he worked with recently tested positive. Same thing, sat in waiting room.

I did go wait for my husband in the car after that. He was getting stitches and had to also do an X-ray. Took a while.

I'm thinking of emailing Scott and White tomorrow to inquire if that is standard protocol for them.
trouble
AG
I would definitely email! That shouldn't be anyone's protocol. All suspected cases should be isolated immediately either in a room or their own vehicle.

Heck, the waiting room at KidDoc's office isn't even open for well check patients! (this is not a complaint, just a statement of fact)

I hope your husband is healing well.
Inca
AG
Thank you. I was shocked and honestly fairly horrified. But, I wanted to make sure I wasn't over reacting.

Hubby is fine - just a few stitches. (Assuming he doesn't get Covid from being in that ER!)
lockett93
AG
Sunday's results include:

-27 vs this day last week is good considering they didn't release numbers for 2 days prior

108 (+1) Covid in hospital
-27 PCR cases today than this day last week
33% in the 18-24 age group (31 people)

Spreadsheet updated, chart tab updated.

LINK TO SPREADSHEET AND CHARTS
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 108 new confirmed cases, 14 probable cases, 41 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 476 tests, 0 deaths
MiMi
S
As of Dec 27, it looks like we have had 6 consecutive days of >15% COVID hospitalization rate in Trauma Service Area N (Brazos Valley). If today's rate exceeds 15%, Executive Order GA-32 will automatically cause venue capacity to decrease to 50%, postpone elective surgeries, and close bars or any other businesses with 51% alcohol sales until there is 7 consecutive days of <15% COVID hospitalization rate.
cavscout96
AG
I guess we'll see who is compliant and who is complicit/willing to enforce.

I wonder how much pressure the Governor is under to revise the guidelines. Doesn't seem like much in the grand scheme.

Will the Congress step up/in?
tb9665
TAMU had already sent an email out before the holidays to reduce the percent of employees in an office from 75 percent to 50 percent upon returning to work after the New Year. This is to last until March
trouble
AG
I thought it was county by county. I'll have to go read again.
trouble
AG
Just looked at it and that's ridiculous and way too easy to manipulate.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Rapier108 said:

Sadly, there is another nursing home with an outbreak. Couple of EMS runs today for a place I hadn't heard any before, one for a person with a confirmed case, the other with an assumed positive case, but the test results weren't back yet.

Just curious, how do you catch all these calls? Are you listening to Broadcastify non-stop?
Rapier108
Esteban du Plantier said:

Rapier108 said:

Just curious, how do you catch all these calls? Are you listening to Broadcastify non-stop?
If I'm home, I often have it running in the background if I'm on the computer.

I run it far more often since all this crap started because it is one of the few ways to get information that our dear leaders refuse to give out.
musicforall
Bryan Walmart (Briarcrest) is closed until Wednesday due to Covid.
MTTANK
AG

GIG 'EM
techno-ag
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/2020/12/28/brazos-county-judge-expecting-to-rescind-orders-after-increase-in-hospitalizations/

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
trouble
AG
If this ridiculousness screws up my birthday, I'm gonna cry.
The Brazos Kid
trouble said:

If this ridiculousness screws up my birthday, I'm gonna cry.

It will. They want people to cry.

Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
100% unacceptable for them to do this again.
Rapier108
Comrade Peters clearly wants to see our local economy crater yet again.

He and comrade Mooney do not care about people's livelihoods or anything else. They're living in a state of abject fear and panic.

No nation has never dropped a nuke on themselves to stop a pandemic, until China told everyone that was the only solution. Now we keep doing it over and over, hoping for a different result, which is the definition of stupidity.

Hopefully everyone will remember come election time that the losses of jobs and businesses is solely on these idiot elected officials.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Hopefully so because this is disgusting for them to be so obtuse and keep doing the exact same thing expecting different results. They need to be removed from office immediately.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
techno-ag said:

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/12/28/brazos-county-judge-expecting-to-rescind-orders-after-increase-in-hospitalizations/

I've never considered an armed uprising against our government, but I am warming on it.

The people who are in power in this area need to be removed from office immediately, forcefully if necessary. Dragged kicking and screaming.
techno-ag
AG
It's happening in Comal Co., too.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/12/28/comal-county-announces-new-cutbacks-closures-due-to-covid-19-hospitalizations-per-gov-abbotts-executive-order/

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I've never hated elected officials more than I do right now. If they close down schools again I am going to lose my f-ing mind at this mindless insanity and fear mongering.
BCSWguru
Would love to know the breakdown of hospitalizations....age and if they're from a long term care facility. Simple stuff. Too hard for the government I suspect.
Rapier108
LSCSN said:

Would love to know the breakdown of hospitalizations....age and if they're from a long term care facility. Simple stuff. Too hard for the government I suspect.
Probably 3/4 or more are from nursing homes, especially in Brazos County, but they would never reveal that, or care of 100% were. They love the power of putting their boots to our necks, and pressing down hard, while telling us how much they're protecting us.
MadDog73
AG
Load up Peter's email insisting he forego his salary if he locks things down.
nought
AG
It would be interesting if local law enforcement followed what some sheriffs in other places have done and simply said they won't enforce such orders.

If there are patients in "Region N" hospitals which are not from Region N, and if hospitals are not overwhelmed in terms of overall capacity, what possible justification could there be for thinking Region N is in trouble?
Chris98
AG
Looks like Peter's term is up 2022. Hopefully we can "clean house" throughout the state
tb9665
By 2022, most people will have the shot. Therefore, it will hopefully be like getting the flu. Might have to get a shot every year but at least it might be under control.
First Page Last Page
Page 109 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.