B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,805 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MiMi said:

Today's numbers: 102 new confirmed cases, 11 probable cases, 33 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 1205 tests, 1 death - a male in his 50's at home
And we're just over a week from the day when there were 16 cases of people over 70 reported and exactly a week with 10 over 70 (likely one or more additional nursing home outbreaks) so seeing an uptick in hospitalizations pretty much fits the pattern that roughly a week after someone becomes ill is when the most serious issues manifest themselves.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 119 new confirmed cases, 34 probable cases, 40 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 563 tests, 2 deaths - a hospitalized female in her 60's and a hospitalized female in her 90's
lockett93
AG
Friday's results include:

36 from clusters (corrected verbiage from "a cluster")

80 (+3) Covid in hospital
-8 PCR cases today than this day last week
28% in the 18-24 age group (33 people)

Spreadsheet updated, chart tab updated.

LINK TO SPREADSHEET AND CHARTS
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 103 new confirmed cases, 21 probable cases, 36 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 608 tests, 0 deaths

lockett93
AG
Saturday's results include:

GIS site down, so no details by age or clusters
?? from clusters

93 (+13) Covid in hospital
-12 PCR cases today than this day last week
27% in the 18-24 age group (28 people)

MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 94 new confirmed cases, 9 probable cases, 39 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 527 tests, 0 deaths

lockett93
AG
Sunday's results include:

?? from clusters (GIS shows 2K and 9.2K

98 (+5) Covid in hospital
+25 PCR cases today than this day last week
29% in the 18-24 age group (27 people)

Loaded
AG
Many thanks lockett93 and MiMi for coming here to post updates even on the weekends.
MiMi
S
For today's numbers, I am waiting on the BCHD employee responsible for entering the daily data to correct the COVID-19 dashboard. It's showing 53 new confirmed cases and 0 deaths but -86,588 active cases and over 90,000 total tests.

Edited to post the presumably correct numbers for today: 53 new confirmed cases, 43 probable cases, 41 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 623 tests, 0 deaths.

Hopefully they correct the Dashboard at some point today. Until then, the cumulative cases graph is pretty amusing.

COVID-19 Dashboard
Rapier108
On number of cases in the hospital; there is at least one new nursing home outbreak.

There were multiple calls this weekend to it, all for the same thing; people with "difficulty breathing/respiratory problems" with all the usual accompanying symptoms. The paramedics were always told to "use universal precautions" and the staff had to bring the patients outside. After they dropped the patient off at the hospital, they were "out of service for decon" every time.

If it had just been one call, I would simply keep an eye on it and not mention anything because there are pretty regular calls to nursing homes for people with breathing problems due to COPD, cancer, emphysema, etc. and completely unrelated to the China virus. The paramedics usually treat it like the person has it simply to be on the safe side. It is when there is a rapid fire number of runs to the same place in a short period of time that it means outbreak. Learned that from The Waterford.
lockett93
AG
Monday's results include:

?? from clusters (GIS shows 2K and 9.2K, again)

94 (-4) Covid in hospital
-45 PCR cases today than this day last week
47% in the 18-24 age group (25 people)

MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 76 new confirmed cases, 15 probable cases, 41 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 867 tests, 0 deaths

lockett93
AG
Tuesday's results include:

?? from clusters (GIS messed up again)

90 (-4) Covid in hospital
+19 PCR cases today than this day last week
52% in the 18-24 age group (40 people)

74/76 are below 50 years old!

MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 101 new confirmed cases, 49 probable cases, 40 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 625 tests, 2 deaths - 1 hospitalized male in his 80's and 1 male in his 70's who died at home.
Bunk Moreland
welp. Appears we're pretty steady with this level for a while now. I'm sure it'll pop a bit in about 20 days as well.
dubi
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

welp. Appears we're pretty steady with this level for a while now. I'm sure it'll pop a bit in about 20 days as well.
Don't forget in pre-Covid years, this is the time of year folks get sick and die. Flu, pneumonia, STRESS!
FlyRod
Folks are traveling and gathering here. Bars, restaurants, stores and other indoor venues are packed. At this point we can stop focusing on the students as the driver of cases.

Hopefully as the waves of vaccines kick in, we'll start finally seeing a steady drop in cases. Getting the elderly vaccinated should make a huge huge difference, at least in hospitalizations and deaths.
Abbyag06
[We have made it clear on this thread that we are not going to allow mask debates to derail it. -Staff]
lockett93
AG
Wednesday's results include:

?? from clusters (GIS messed up again)

104 (+14) Covid in hospital
-7 PCR cases today than this day last week
20% in the 18-24 age group (20 people)

FlyRod
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/grocery-store-employees-face-high-risker-of-covid-19-what-to-know
Nosmo
AG
Texas Covid-19 Vaccinations

FYI, Texas now has a vaccination website. It's updated daily similar to the Texas case / death dashboards.

As of December 23, Brazos county:

12,034 in Group 1A (healthcare employees and long term care residents)

228 shots administered (almost all workers)

MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 120 new confirmed cases, 4 probable cases, 43 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 1185 tests, 0 deaths
techno-ag
AG
Nosmo said:

FYI, Texas now has a vaccination website. It's updated daily similar to the Texas case / death dashboards.

Good. With the vaccinations there's no reason not to go back to normal.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Mathguy64
AG
techno-ag said:

Nosmo said:

Good. With the vaccinations there's no reason not to go back to normal.

It will be a year before the vaccinations get to the masses in numbers enough to get back to normal. Assuming the masses are going to be willing to get it.
Nosmo
AG
I posted this on Covid board 3 weeks ago. How accurate? Time will tell. Almost 200MM flu vaccines per year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/01/trump-covid-vaccine-chief-says-everyone-in-us-could-be-immunized-by-june.html

Quote:

Quote:
The entire U.S. population could be vaccinated against Covid-19 by June, and there could be enough doses to immunize the rest of the nearly 8 billion people in the world by early to mid-2022, the Trump administration's vaccine chief said Tuesday.

"Hopefully by the middle of the year, I hope most Americans will have been immunized, which means the level of hesitancy that exists currently will have been decreased because people will have learned more information ... about the vaccine," Moncef Slaoui, chief science advisor for the White House's Operation Warp Speed, told The Washington Post in a livestream interview.

If enough get immunized, he said the U.S. "should have this pandemic under control in the second half of 2021."

Two companies Pfizer and Moderna have now applied for emergency authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for their coronavirus vaccines, which could be given the green light in just a few weeks. Slaoui said there will be roughly 40 million doses available by the end of the year, which would be enough for 20 million people since both vaccines require two shots per person.

He said that it's "a big number" of doses to manufacture, but it's "a small number compared to the U.S. population and the need we have," adding that people should continue to follow public health guidance, like wearing face coverings and maintaining a physical distance from others in the meantime.

Initial doses will likely be set aside for front-line health-care workers, followed by vulnerable Americans, like the elderly or those with underlying conditions that place them at higher risk of serious illness. A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention panel, called the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, is set to vote Tuesday on who should be prioritized for vaccinations.

"While we're all very excited to have these vaccines coming out, it's going to take a while before the whole population gets immunized," Slaoui said.

Operation Warp Speed is working with six pharmaceutical companies to develop, manufacture and distribute their Covid-19 vaccines. In addition to Pfizer and Moderna, the federal government has supply agreements with AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Novavax for the first doses of their vaccines upon authorization.

Slaoui said Moderna and Pfizer will likely supply between 60 million and 70 million doses by January, which would be enough for at least 30 million people since each one takes two rounds of doses, he said. After January, other vaccines could be added to that mix if authorized by the FDA, adding an additional 30 million and 50 million doses from other companies, he said.

"Very quickly we'll start having more than 150 million doses a month in March, April, May," Slaoui said.

However, a lot more vaccine doses will be required to inoculate nearly 8 billion people around the globe and achieve so-called herd immunity.

Each of the six companies in the operation's portfolio have the ability to manufacture between 500 million and 1 billion doses by the end of 2021, which could supply up to 6 billion doses of vaccine next year.

However, there are other vaccines under development that could help with the supply, he said. As of a Nov. 12 report from the World Health Organization, 48 vaccines were in clinical trials and a total of more than 200 were under development globally.

"That I think is reassuring because between that and the other vaccines being developed, I would hope by early 2022 or middle 2022 most of the world will have been immunized," Slaoui said.
jeffk
AG
We've received word that the care facility where we have family here locally will be getting the vaccine the first week of January. Haven't heard if that's when the rest of the area facilities will be getting it, but I imagine it's similar.
techno-ag
AG
jeffk said:

We've received word that the care facility where we have family here locally will be getting the vaccine the first week of January. Haven't heard if that's when the rest of the area facilities will be getting it, but I imagine it's similar.
That's great news. Thanks for sharing.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
jeffk
cavscout96
AG
jeffk said:

Good news for sure.
Rapier108
jeffk said:

Hopefully that will help put an end to most hospitalizations given how many cases have been coming out of nursing homes for the past ~3 months.

The latest outbreak has been right up there with The Waterford in terms of the number of EMS runs. Today is the first day I haven't heard one. Several days it was 3-4 just during the hours I had the scanner on.
Belton Ag
AG
Early this morning I was driving by Lampstand on 29th and an ambulance with its lights on was was just leaving and heading back towards St. Joseph. Could be any number of things, but these days my mind immediately starts to wonder about Covid.
lockett93
AG
Thursday's results include:

?? from clusters (GIS is rounding)

107 (+3) Covid in hospital
+18 PCR cases today than this day last week
17% in the 18-24 age group (20 people)

dubi
AG
Belton Ag said:

Early this morning I was driving by Lampstand on 29th and an ambulance with its lights on was was just leaving and heading back towards St. Joseph. Could be any number of things, but these days my mind immediately starts to wonder about Covid.
My mom lives in an elderly facility.

Pre-Covid, ambulances were there all the time. Old people have lists of health issues!
tb9665
I would like to see the new numbers for the past few days. I had a dr. appointment last Tuesday and the COVID testing lines were long at Scott and White.
MiMi
S
Updated numbers since they were last reported on 12/24: 92 new confirmed cases, 11 probable cases, 35 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 1334 tests, 0 deaths.

First Page Last Page
Page 108 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.