B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,924 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
nthomas99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
scd88 said:

These numbers have been predictable for a while. They will go down after Thanksgiving and then go back up when the students come back for the Spring semester.

A&M has done as good a job as possible with this and I also have to give props to the students for being as responsible as 18-24 year olds can be. We have been that age and you're most likely a liar if you would have limited your social contact given the situation.

All that to say - is this really "news" anymore? I mean, it's fair to follow the numbers - I love this thread (lol) - but I'm wondering when leadership will recognize this as the norm....that's really what it is for now.
It's repetitive but necessary news / data until my six year old no longer has to needlessly wear a "face cage" (her words, not mine) to school every day, until many small businesses aren't actively being choked out of existence, and people are free to make informed decisions about their own health.

The growing amount of historical data actively fights the "two more weeks" fear-mongering and gives increasing credibility to those calling for a further roll back of some of the "protective" measures that are hurting more than they are helping.
cavscout96
AG
nthomas99 said:

scd88 said:

These numbers have been predictable for a while. They will go down after Thanksgiving and then go back up when the students come back for the Spring semester.

A&M has done as good a job as possible with this and I also have to give props to the students for being as responsible as 18-24 year olds can be. We have been that age and you're most likely a liar if you would have limited your social contact given the situation.

All that to say - is this really "news" anymore? I mean, it's fair to follow the numbers - I love this thread (lol) - but I'm wondering when leadership will recognize this as the norm....that's really what it is for now.
It's repetitive but necessary news / data until my six year old no longer has to needlessly wear a "face cage" (her words, not mine) to school every day, until many small businesses aren't actively being choked out of existence, and people are free to make informed decisions about their own health.

The growing amount of historical data actively fights the "two more weeks" fear-mongering and gives increasing credibility to those calling for a further roll back of some of the "protective" measures that are hurting more than they are helping.

yep. Tower Point lost Pie in the Sky this week..... they had killer biscuits an gravy.

91_Aggie
AG
cavscout96 said:

nthomas99 said:

scd88 said:

yep. Tower Point lost Pie in the Sky this week..... they had killer biscuits an gravy.

Pie in the sky suffered from:
1. Covid obviously, but I think it would not have lasted anyways due to next reasons.
2. High prices for sandwiches/food. Look at their menu and I'm not pay $10 for a club sandwich or chicken salad.
3. Location... just a bad location.
4. Too specific name. People probably only thought they had pies. And if they did then look at menu and see high prices for freakin' sandwiches, well.. there you go.

91_Aggie
AG
Tailgate88 said:

nthomas99 said:

So, have reached that next two weeks yet?

It seems we signed up for auto-renew.
It's worse than trying to cancel a membership at Gold's Gym!
trouble
AG
Yeppers.

They had large portions but someone checking the menu online isn't going to know that. They would have done better to reduce portion size and price instead.
cavscout96
AG
91_Aggie said:

cavscout96 said:

nthomas99 said:

scd88 said:

1. Covid obviously, but I think it would not have lasted anyways due to next reasons.
2. High prices for sandwiches/food. Look at their menu and I'm not pay $10 for a club sandwich or chicken salad.
4. Too specific name. People probably only thought they had pies. And if they did then look at menu and see high prices for freakin' sandwiches, well.. there you go.

not arguing 1/3/4

prices weren't that bad if you consider you had enough for 2 meals.
cavscout96
AG
91_Aggie said:

Tailgate88 said:

nthomas99 said:

it's more like trying to opt out of the Columbia House Record Club......
nthomas99
AG
91_Aggie said:

cavscout96 said:

nthomas99 said:

scd88 said:

You've identified some valid corporate comorbidities. That doesn't mean the lockdown wasn't a contributing cause of death.

If the market forces alone had killed it, well then, that's business. But I think we can all agree that wasn't the case. Without government intervention, the owners may have time to see these problems and pivot. Who knows?
lockett93
AG
1 more in the 90 + today, so that's another high risk of death case.

Region N hospitals at 42 (+0) Covid patients
18 fewer cases today than last Tuesday
60% in the 18-24 age group (12 people)

Spreadsheet updated, chart tab updated. Zip code data is no longer being tracked.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q
Tailgate88
AG
91_Aggie said:

Tailgate88 said:

nthomas99 said:

Depending how things go two weeks from TODAY, we might finally see some progress starting two weeks from TOMORROW.
Tailgate88
AG
cavscout96 said:

91_Aggie said:

Tailgate88 said:

nthomas99 said:

Where do I send my check or money order for the seven records or tapes I committed to buy?! I just want to get off this insane Merry-Go-Round!
GoodOleBryanBoy
Tell me about Worldometer. I've been checking this website since the pandemic started. Recently I have noticed a difference between their numbers and the numbers the county releases everyday. For instance Worldometer has the Brazos county total cases at 8,309 while the county has us at 7,337. They also have us 66 total deaths and I think at last count the county had us at 64. Just curious if any of you had any insight as to why the differences?
texasaggie04
AG
nthomas99 said:

91_Aggie said:

cavscout96 said:

nthomas99 said:

scd88 said:

You've identified some valid corporate comorbidities. That doesn't mean the lockdown wasn't a contributing cause of death.

Must... Avoid... Obvious humor... Between the accuracy of your statement... And the uninformed opinions... Of people who believe that only 6% of covid deaths are due to covid...
Counterpoint
AG
Tailgate88 said:

cavscout96 said:

91_Aggie said:

Tailgate88 said:

nthomas99 said:

Where do I send my check or money order for the seven records or tapes I committed to buy?! I just want to get off this insane Merry-Go-Round!

We'll send you 12 more free ones if you stay with us for just two more weeks!
trouble
AG
No idea since they link the health department as where their info comes from.
91_Aggie
AG
Counterpoint said:

Tailgate88 said:

cavscout96 said:

91_Aggie said:

Tailgate88 said:

nthomas99 said:

Why did y'all use your real name?!?!
Counterpoint
AG
91_Aggie said:

Counterpoint said:

Tailgate88 said:

cavscout96 said:

91_Aggie said:

Tailgate88 said:

nthomas99 said:

Why did y'all use your real name?!?!

I didn't!
lockett93
AG
Regis T said:

Tell me about Worldometer. I've been checking this website since the pandemic started. Recently I have noticed a difference between their numbers and the numbers the county releases everyday. For instance Worldometer has the Brazos county total cases at 8,309 while the county has us at 7,337. They also have us 66 total deaths and I think at last count the county had us at 64. Just curious if any of you had any insight as to why the differences?

Worldometer uses PCR and Antigen or as BCHD calls it confirmed and probable.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Worldometer uses PCR and Antigen or as BCHD calls it confirmed and probable.
And BCHD only counts the PCR (confirmed) in its total number of cases. If you add the total the number of conformed and probable cases, you get 8,334 cases. Not the same as the Worldometer, but a bit closer.

Not sure about the difference in death count?
lockett93
AG
Worldometer shows 8334 right now
MiMi
S
Quote:

Worldometer shows 8334 right now
They must have seen my calculations and corrected their numbers.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 31 new confirmed cases, 15 probable cases, 1,751 tests, 2 deaths, 13 total Brazos County hospitalizations.

The deaths were were a woman and a man in their 70's who were hospitalized.
scd88
AG
Thank you!
lockett93
AG
2 more in the 80 + today, 5 more in the 70+

2 deaths were both in their 70's and hospitalized

Region N hospitals at 42 (+0) Covid patients
4 more cases today than last Wednesday
26% in the 18-24 age group (8 people)

Spreadsheet updated, chart tab updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q
Rapier108
Someone in the media really needs to look to see if another nursing home got hit. Just once they need to engage in a random act of journalism. Come on KBTX, Eagle, and KAGS, look into it.

Sure it is possible that the number of 70+ is just a very unfortunate happenstance or perhaps some kind of event they all attended, but as we've seen time and again with this virus, when there is a large number of elderly people suddenly coming down with it; it is almost a certainty that there is a nursing home outbreak.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
BrazosWifi
Rapier108 said:

Someone in the media really needs to look to see if another nursing home got hit. Just once they need to engage in a random act of journalism.
No joke.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 36 new confirmed cases, 17 probable cases, 109 tests, 0 deaths, 15 Brazos County patients hospitalized.

http://www.brazoshealth.org/node/94
new straw
Do y'all want an active covid nurse's opinion or no?
lockett93
AG
new straw said:

Only if it agrees with mine!
scd88
AG
new straw said:

Sure.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Absolutely!
bugle rank '87
AG
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 26 new confirmed cases, 0 probable cases, 182 tests, 0 deaths, 17 Brazos County patients hospitalized.
Sub4
AG
7 Day average at a 60 day low, that's good to see. Hopefully the trend sticks
scd88
AG
new straw said:

First Page Last Page
Page 94 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.