B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,096,021 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At this point I'm not sure a vaccine is even necessary but I'm 100% do not believe one will be on the market for widespread distribution until next summer at the earliest.
KidDoc
AG
I believe vaccine distribution will begin before 2021. The moderna vaccine specifically is looking very good.

Yes this is amazingly fast- but never has so much money and manpower been devoted to vaccine development.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgCPA
AG
I will not be taking a vaccine so hastily developed. IMO Im healthy under 60 no preexisting issues. Risk of the untested vaccine based on history is greater. However, I will applaud the ability of those worried about this to take it so we can get back to normal.
Tailgate88
AG
theNetSmith said:

BCHD FB post from yesterday currently shows that there are 14 comments, but only 1 is visible to me. Could that be because I'm FB friends with the guy? No other idea why that one shows for me but the others don't.

Anyway, it was the same question y'all have been posting over there and they did leave this one up..

theNetSmith
AG
Hehe. What I did there, you saw it.
Belton Ag
AG
KidDoc said:

I believe vaccine distribution will begin before 2021. The moderna vaccine specifically is looking very good.

Yes this is amazingly fast- but never has so much money and manpower been devoted to vaccine development.
Widespread distribution? Like where everyone can get it or just frontline folks?
RiverDog
A Facebook page moderator can "hide" a comment so that it is visible to the person who posted it and to his/her Facebook friends, but not visible to anyone else.

It effectively deletes the comment without the commenter knowing.
nthomas99
AG
Just hopped off the phone with a lady at BHCD. Very kind and listened to my concerns. I encourage you all (aka all ya'll) to call and *politely* register your dissatisfaction.

She told me it was due to a reduction in funding and a subsequent reduction in staffing (including the social media manager) that they can't count anymore. I simply can't believe that putting a few numbers on a slide that they're surely collecting is that burdensome, but it clearly was a decision made above her pay grade.

I guess next stop is county commissioners?
trouble
AG
That makes no sense. What they are doing now is more labor intensive than what they were doing.

And switching hospitalizations for total occupancy on the infographic is the same amount of work.
BQ_90
AG
nm
AggieYankee1
KidDoc said:

This is an undisputed fact.

And if anyone can please tell me when a perfect vaccine has been made even after decades of development.

But I'm doing it - and believe the survival rate will be a hell of a lot higher than COVID
Expert Analysis
AG
AggieYankee1 said:

KidDoc said:

This is an undisputed fact.

And if anyone can please tell me when a perfect vaccine has been made even after decades of development.

But I'm doing it - and believe the survival rate will be a hell of a lot higher than COVID
I would hope the survival rate of the vaccine is a heck of a lot higher than virus itself...that sort of the point of it...
Expert Analysis
AG
I was looking at the A&M campus testing numbers for the week of August 23rd. I assume A&M is only reporting PCR testing?
A&M reported 327 positives for the week.
BCHD reported 352 for the week

25 community cases outside the A&M testing if BCHD is reporting things correctly.

BCHD has already reported 437 cases for this week, they have noted the vast majority are from 18-24 year old age group. I expect to see an increase in the A&M reported numbers this week. Will be interesting to see how many tests they have performed. Adding a bunch of positives from asymptomatic students who were randomly tested just inflates the numbers.
KidDoc
AG
Belton Ag said:

KidDoc said:

Widespread distribution? Like where everyone can get it or just frontline folks?
I would bet frontline workers and > 60 years and/or with risk factors.

IMO people < 60 don't need this vaccine unless they have other risk factors and/or work directly with COVID + people. The death rate is so low in that age group.

For kids I don't think it is needed period outside of the very rare child with severe heart disease, sickle cell, immunodefiency.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
plain_o_llama
< Edit >
Removing my vaccine talk from the thread

lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q

Charts updated (Except hospitalization)

Here's their reply to my email :

Mr. Lockett-

Thank you for reaching out to the Brazos County Health District. The number that we were reporting daily only reflected the number of people from Brazos County that were hospitalized. It didn't give the full picture of what is going on in our local hospitals, since our surrounding counties also use healthcare providers in our community. We have been and will continue to report total hospital and total ICU occupancy. Reporting hospital occupancy gives a better picture of what is happening with our healthcare system and the need for surge capacity. It is also what our local officials use when making decisions.

The health district has also had some staff restructuring and a reduction in force due to budget cuts.

BCHD

I then replied that the number of Covid patients in the hospital beds and number in ICU beds is truly the numbers that matter. Maybe the DSHS region numbers will still tell the story? Region N has 26 total Covid patients

trouble
AG
I think it's going to make people think all the regional patients are in Brazos Co hospitals
scd88
AG
I'm sure some Texas TV station outside of our area will soon talk about how Brazos County is blowing up again.
Expert Analysis
AG
Brazos county Covid patients in hospital, number in ICU.
Total Covid patients in Brazos county hospitals, number in ICU.

It's really not difficult to track these numbers individually. They are logging them individually. They are now just not choosing to report a couple cell data points to us.
They might as well stop reporting the occupancy numbers based on where they are now as it is completely useless since Covid is such a small percent and has been on the decline.
I find it crazy that the health department received additional funding from Bryan, College Station, and Brazos County and still ended up with a smaller budget than last year and needs to make cuts. I would have assumed with all the Covid money the feds were distributing with billions going to health departments that they would have had a little extra money to work with.

I saw where they said there have been 20-25 cases in local schools. Apparently Tuesday is the first day numbers are supposed to be reported to the state.
JaneDoe02
AG
I have a kid at Consol and got an email yesterday that they had a student positive. Not surprising.
trouble
AG
101 new cases.

No new probable cases.

No new deaths.

Total Bed Occupancy: 69%

Total ICU Bed Occupancy: 57%

I'll get the regional numbers in a bit.
MiMi
S
Quote:

101 new cases.
And 131 new tests.
scd88
AG
Hospital statistics remain steady. This is good news.
scd88
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

101 new cases.
And 131 new tests.

Hella hit rate. Lol.
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q

Charts updated
Nosmo
AG
Quote:

I then replied that the number of Covid patients in the hospital beds and number in ICU beds is truly the numbers that matter. Maybe the DSHS region numbers will still tell the story? Region N has 26 total Covid patients
And the regional numbers are rolled up to daily state totals.

So, are the county numbers still part of state totals?

If they are reporting to the state and not the public, that is really strange (an irresponsible).

I don't think these people know who they work for.

They (county health department) aren't being asked to do something other than keep their constituents informed, with data they were previously reporting. And I doubt they quit reporting to the state.

Hospitals manage their beds for the most efficient utilization. That's to be expected. But due to this "Covid-19 crisis", it's also expected that the public is informed of key data so they (the public) can make logical decisions.

As others have said, it doesn't make sense.
cavscout96
AG
Welcome to the party. Nothing they've done from the beginning makes much sense.
backinbcs
Totally agree.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 70 new confirmed cases, 370 tests, 0 deaths

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/9.6.20.pdf
trouble
AG
Brazos Co

Total Bed Occupancy: 66%

Total ICU Bed Occupancy: 57%

Regional

Total Staffed Hospital Beds - 473
Available Hospital Beds - 152
Available ICU Beds - 10
Available Ventilators - 63
Lab-Confirmed COVID-19 Patients Currently In Hospital - 24
trouble
AG
Also, we are now at just under 4k hospitalizations statewide.
trouble
AG
And because someone asked me the other day

Trauma Service Area N mirrors the geographical boundaries of the Brazos Valley Council of Governments known as the Brazos Valley. The Brazos Valley is comprised of six rural counties (Burleson, Grimes, Leon, Madison, Robertson and Washington) and one urban county (Brazos) that make up the Brazos Valley.
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated

Charts updated
AggiePhil
AG
So are we trending upward or downward?
lockett93
AG
Tending upward towards herd immunity.

Also upward in daily cases. Click the spreadsheet link and look at last 7 day totals.

But no increase in hospitalization. Almost all cases in at 18-24 age group.

First Page Last Page
Page 84 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.