B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,887 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going to log in on the laptop in a minute. On mobile, I can only see my comment.
trouble
AG
They took today's down. Hopefully to fix it.
lockett93
AG
All these comments are on yesterdays FB post, but they have DELETED THEM ALL. There were 7 comments a moment ago, and now ZERO. It is now gone. I also FB messaged them and emailed them per the autoresponse from the FB messenger.

MY FB Messenger text:
I think it is irresponsible and a complete lack of transparency to stop reporting the number of COVID patients from Brazos County that are hospitalized. Is there a reason this was removed from the daily information?

Is deleting comments a violation of the data rules for a public/govt entity?

[url=https://www.facebook.com/BrazosCountyHealthDistrict/][/url]
trouble
AG
It's up and fixed. Go comment.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Can someone link the facebook post?
trouble
AG
https://www.facebook.com/143541772383408/posts/4202299119840966/
nthomas99
AG
trouble said:

It's up and fixed. Go comment.
reposted mine and it was gone in seconds.

Pro tip, you may need to view in incognito mode to see your post disappear.
Belton Ag
AG
So I guess next week if the ICU occupancy is at 100% then we're just to assume that it's college aged COVID patients?
backinbcs
They are a disgrace. Have been from the start. So much information could be legally provided that would really help people out. But no.
nought
AG
The reason to stop reporting COVID-19 hospitalizations is obvious. The uninformed public will automatically assume that the overall hospitalization numbers reported in the daily "COVID-19" report from the Health Department are all due to COVID-19.

"OMG, only 2 ICU beds free! The ICU is about to overflow with COVID-19 patients on ventilators! Shut it all down!"
trouble
AG
Bingo
Tailgate88
AG
Are there any journalists who would be willing to ask why they stopped reporting hospitalizations in the next press conference?
trouble
AG
I wish
MadDog73
AG
Who is Sullivan's boss?
nought
AG
I just looked at the new greenish infographic. It is incredibly misleading. It is titled "Brazos County COVID-19 Numbers" and then lists "76% Total Bed Occupancy" and "65% ICU Bed Occupancy", both of which have very little to do with COVID-19 because almost none of the regular and ICU beds are occupied by COVID-19 patients.

I don't know whether it is intentional or incompetent misinformation from the Health Department, but they need to address this.
trouble
AG
They are deleting every comment asking about it.
trouble
AG
Regional stats

Total Staffed Hospital Beds - 493
Available Hospital Beds - 152
Available ICU Beds - 4
Available Ventilators - 61
Lab-Confirmed COVID-19 Patients Currently In Hospital - 20

Keep in mind that available ICU beds means immediately admittable not physical beds.
nought
AG
trouble said:

They are deleting every comment asking about it.

That then shows that it is intentional, not incompetence.

If there is a valid reason to remove the information about the number of COVID-19 hospitalizations, why not respond to the comments with that valid reason instead of deleting them?

I don't think a government entity has the right to remove the free speech of citizens. Facebook itself is a private entity and can delete whatever they want from their site. But, the Brazos County Health Department is a public entity and has no justification or legal right to delete public comments.
Tailgate88
AG
There are multiple threads on the politics and Covid board of parents posting that their college kids and their friends who have tested positive are experiencing no or very mild symptoms. You know what would be a great story to see in local media? That despite the kids spreading it and getting it, they are (happily!) fighting it off easily. We should be CELEBRATING that.
trouble
AG
Agreed. If you don't want to deal with comments or answer questions, just turn off commenting.
The Brazos Kid
trouble said:

Agreed. If you don't want to deal with comments or answer questions, just turn off commenting.

Currently showing there are 6 comments but they are all hidden. Even looked in incognito mode.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
They've hidden essentially all comments on all posts. Is there a setting to hide all, or is some person manually deleting everything?
nthomas99
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

They've hidden essentially all comments on all posts. Is there a setting to hide all, or is some person manually deleting everything?
They were staying up for a 30 seconds or so, so I suspect someone was manually deleting.
trouble
AG
Mine isn't deleted. A friend just commented on it.

I can't see any others though.
nthomas99
AG
trouble said:

Mine isn't deleted. A friend just commented on it.

I can't see any others though.
must be gone to an early lunch.
oldag00
AG
Doesn't the Brazos County Health District and Dr. Sullivan ultimately report to the Brazos County Commissioners Court?

Those of us living in Brazos County should contact our elected judge and commissioners to ask why the change and why the deleted questions.
deh40
AG
MadDog73 said:

Who is Sullivan's boss?
Contact your County Commissioner
91_Aggie
AG
Tailgate88 said:

There are multiple threads on the politics and Covid board of parents posting that their college kids and their friends who have tested positive are experiencing no or very mild symptoms. You know what would be a great story to see in local media? That despite the kids spreading it and getting it, they are (happily!) fighting it off easily. We should be CELEBRATING that.

That doesn't get clicks.
The media does not care at all about providing news or data that makes this out to not be as bad as portrayed.
They want their clicks so they can sell more ads.
BluHorseShu
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

I would think if you have a complaint or question, you could also email or direct message them. I agree they should not 'choose' which comments to allow posted if they're going to allow them. However, if they didn't allow comments, there are some people who would get upset that everyone can't see their awesome comments (bc they're looking for affirmations).
AggieYankee1
Can we please just all admit what this is instead of the "wtf is going on" comments

They are trying to slowly remove COVID from our lives. This is the first phase of you caring less and slowly giving you less and less info. Slowly but surely decrease the amount it appears in your daily thread. Sure there will be foot stomping and screams but they know all they have to do is get through the first week of this and then nobody will care and just move on to a dog gif they saw on their friends feed.

This isn't rocket science - it's social engineering.

Just keep wearing your mask - social distance and a vaccine will start rolling out in about 6-7 weeks - with nurses and doctors getting it - then cops firefighters etc - then teachers around Xmas time and then mass roll out around Janurary feb.

That's the way it's gonna be.

Wear the mask. Distance. Wash hands

Wait for vaccine. Stomp all you want but they aren't listening.

It is worth noting however that it has remained in the single digits outside of student ages groups. It can be fairly said that community spread outside of students has gone down quite a bit. And that masks have worked and will continue to work.
KidDoc
AG
AggieYankee1 said:

Can we please just all admit what this is instead of the "wtf is going on" comments

They are trying to slowly remove COVID from our lives. This is the first phase of you caring less and slowly giving you less and less info. Slowly but surely decrease the amount it appears in your daily thread. Sure there will be foot stomping and screams but they know all they have to do is get through the first week of this and then nobody will care and just move on to a dog gif they saw on their friends feed.

This isn't rocket science - it's social engineering.

Just keep wearing your mask - social distance and a vaccine will start rolling out in about 6-7 weeks - with nurses and doctors getting it - then cops firefighters etc - then teachers around Xmas time and then mass roll out around Janurary feb.

That's the way it's gonna be.

Wear the mask. Distance. Wash hands

Wait for vaccine. Stomp all you want but they aren't listening.

It is worth noting however that it has remained in the single digits outside of student ages groups. It can be fairly said that community spread outside of students has gone down quite a bit. And that masks have worked and will continue to work.
+1
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FlyRod
Good post, but if anyone really believes a safe, viable vaccine is coming in 6-7 weeks, I've got a thing in Brooklyn to sell you...a thing people and cars move across.
AggieYankee1
FlyRod said:

Good post, but if anyone really believes a safe, viable vaccine is coming in 6-7 weeks, I've got a thing in Brooklyn to sell you...a thing people and cars move across.

Why is that so hard to believe? I mean every public study done shows that modera and the British vaccine have had hardly any side effects and shows a great immune system response.

I mean if there were issues with it - we should have started seeing something by now.

I for one believe that it is safe - they had been working on a SARS vaccine before funding got cut - and then picked up where they left off when this started.

I mean there are vaccines we have been giving for people for decades that still - sadly - kill people - but those are few and far between and there never has been and never will be a perfect vaccine.

But risk v reward when i got all my shots as a kid and it turns out - I never got 1 of 19-20 diseases that could have killed me or my baby before we turned 25.

I will be getting it when it first comes out and is available to my demo. I suggest we all get it.
theNetSmith
AG
BCHD FB post from yesterday currently shows that there are 14 comments, but only 1 is visible to me. Could that be because I'm FB friends with the guy? No other idea why that one shows for me but the others don't.

Anyway, it was the same question y'all have been posting over there and they did leave this one up..

FlyRod
Well yes, a full court press is underway for sure. But the history of vaccines is pretty clear about how long it generally takes to develop a safe and effective one.

And when that happens I'll get one too...but I'd be absolutely stunned if we have one in 6-7 months, let alone 6-7 weeks.
First Page Last Page
Page 83 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.