B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,815 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Houston2AngeloAg said:

95% of new cases from 18-24 yr old range

That is a significant stat.
Inca
AG
As long as the vast majority of new cases are students, the spike is not a big deal. I'm going to be interested to see if the student cases start leading to general community spread.
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q

Charts updated
theNetSmith
AG
scd88 said:

Houston2AngeloAg said:

95% of new cases from 18-24 yr old range

That is a significant stat.
i missed something. how are y'all determining that cases are in the 18-24yo age range?

lockett's spreadsheet indicates that 98 of the cases are between 15-29 because there are that many in the 15-19 and 20-29 groups (combined) according to the BCHD..
H2SAag
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/2020/09/02/largest-case-jump-since-july-driven-largely-by-18-24-year-olds-according-to-brazos-county-health-district/
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
theNetSmith
AG
thanks!

i still don't understand where the number of 18-24yo cases comes from since it is not in the official "Blue Lines Pattern with Orange Graphs Daily Report". is that something that the BCHD has started announcing in their press conference or press release?
theNetSmith
AG
and in that kbtx.com article from today, their BCHD hyperlink points to the 8/10 pdf.
gigem92
AG
The health district lists it on its posts on Facebook.

Positive COVID-19 Cases in Brazos County
Total number of cases: 4,872
Total number recovered*: 4,169
Active Cases*: 647
% of today's confirmed cases age 18-24 years: 95%
Number of current hospitalizations (Brazos Co. residents): 7
Daily number discharged from hospital: 2

Total Brazos County Hospital Occupancy (as of 9.1.20) ***
Total Bed Occupancy: 61%
Total ICU Bed Occupancy: 48%
Total number of deaths: 56

Total number of COVID-19 tests performed: 48,629
Probable COVID-19 Cases in Brazos County (June 18, 2020-present) ****
Total number of cases: 429 (4 new)
Recovered: 282
Active cases: 147

RespectTheDecision
AG
so things are looking pretty good so far
Bucketrunner
Symptoms?
MiMi
S
Today's numbers:

103 confirmed new cases, 644 tests, 0 deaths

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/9.3.20.pdf
trouble
AG
Worth noting, the statewide total of hospitalizations is now about 4100.

0 discharges

9 Brazos Co patients, 22 regional

Brazos Co hospitals

no info released so far by the health district with the ugly infographic and I'm not going through the rest of it

Regional
Total Staffed Hospital Beds - 474
Available Hospital Beds - 139
Available ICU Beds - 2
Available Ventilators - 60
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q

Charts updated
trouble
AG
I haven't noticed an increase and we're right here too. There's always a lot of helicopter traffic.
Fitch
AG
Not saying it's anything, but your posts remind me of late June when posters on the Houston boards were noting the long lines at testing sites.
rodan85
AG
Number out early today.

Sept 4

125 new cases and 1 new death.
Gig 'em
Bryan '85
scd88
AG
Hopefully, people stay calm, including the A&M leadership team and those who live in the community.
trouble
AG
They've stopped including the additional information with the ugly infographic.
trouble
AG
And switched to hospital occupancy and ICU occupancy instead of hospitalizations and discharges. Which is absolutely and completely irrelevant.
trouble
AG
Death was a hospitalized man in his 80s.
Tailgate88
AG
trouble said:

0 discharges

Brazos Co hospitals

no info released so far by the health district with the ugly infographic and I'm not going through the rest of it

Regional
Available ICU Beds - 2
KBTX alert just said the Health Dept is no longer releasing hospitalizations? Wonder why? Because they have maintained steady in the 7-9 range for the past week despite a huge uptick in cases of college aged kids?

Too much good news I guess.

nthomas99
AG
Tailgate88 said:

trouble said:

0 discharges

Brazos Co hospitals

Regional
Available ICU Beds - 2
KBTX alert just said the Health Dept is no longer releasing hospitalizations? Wonder why? Because they have maintained steady in the 7-9 range for the past week despite a huge uptick in cases of college aged kids?

Too much good news I guess.

To do so without any justification is unbelievable during an ongoing pandemic, when most agree this is the most important number to track.
nthomas99
AG
trouble said:

And switched to hospital occupancy and ICU occupancy instead of hospitalizations and discharges. Which is absolutely and completely irrelevant.

I assume the 4,218 is mislabeled and is meant to be recoveries.
trouble
AG
I think that's exactly why. I'll grab the regional numbers as soon as I'm done with this morning's math lesson over here.
trouble
AG
I assume as well. I asked about hospitalization numbers on Facebook. We'll see if they answer.
lockett93
AG
New page with the summary info instead of posting it to Facebook..

http://www.brazoshealth.org/node/94
KidDoc
AG
nthomas99 said:

trouble said:

I assume the 4,218 is mislabeled and is meant to be recoveries.
haha 4218 daily number of cases. Geez.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
lockett93
AG
trouble said:

I assume as well. I asked about hospitalization numbers on Facebook. We'll see if they answer.
They just DELETED the comment from FB telling them they lost credibility by not reporting COVID hospitalization numbers...

MY NEW COMMENT:

Where did the total COVID patients in the hospital from Brazos county go? Why is that not pertinent information to continue to share? Isn't the WHOLE point of flattening the curve to not overwhelm hospitals and yet you are no longer reporting how many COVID patients are even in the hospital??
FlyRod
They've stopped reporting hospitalizations???

Edit: Just read all y'alls posts above. Ugh.

Time for a masked and socially distant protest outside BCHD's office. JK. Maybe not.
trouble
AG
Still leaves out hospital numbers and they dropped the percentage of positives from college aged individuals.
trouble
AG
lockett93 said:

trouble said:

They just DELETED the comment from FB telling them they lost credibility by not reporting COVID hospitalization numbers...

Freaking ridiculous
trouble
AG
It's really comical at this point
jeffk
AG
Sheesh. This is a bad move.
nthomas99
AG
lockett93 said:

trouble said:

MY NEW COMMENT:

Where did the total COVID patients in the hospital from Brazos county go? Why is that not pertinent information to continue to share? Isn't the WHOLE point of flattening the curve to not overwhelm hospitals and yet you are no longer reporting how many COVID patients are even in the hospital??
They are aggressively deleting I comments. It's shameless. I posted:

"Is Daily Number of Cases meant to be recovered? Also, why are you changing this formatting?
I don't understand the sudden decision to *decrease* the amount of information disclosed to the public.
Hospitalizations is a/the key metric and it's *poof* suddenly gone."

And *poof* within minutes it's gone.
Tailgate88
AG
FlyRod said:

They've stopped reporting hospitalizations???

Edit: Just read all y'alls posts above. Ugh.

Time for a masked and socially distant protest outside BCHD's office. JK. Maybe not.
https://www.kbtx.com/2020/09/04/brazos-county-health-district-no-longer-reporting-hospitalizations-active-cases-at-825/

Quote:

BRYAN, Texas (KBTX) -The Brazos County Health District has reported 125 additional positive cases of COVID-19 in Brazos County. Currently, there are 825 active cases. Starting today, the health district will no longer be reporting the number of hospitalizations by day and the daily discharged. The health district will only be reporting total hospital bed and ICU bed occupancy in Brazos County.
Ridiculous.
First Page Last Page
Page 82 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.