B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,096,014 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting. That's not what the A&M site would lead you to believe.
isitjustme
AG
88planoAg said:

agrab86 said:

Active case percentage in Brazos County up to 0.16%.

And naming a group of people with a certain point of view or type of behavior shouldn't be a negative thing, and if they agree with there own views, why would it be considered derogatory. We use the terms liberal, conservative, Democrats, Republicans to describe groups of people with certain views. So why not coronabros or Karens? I'm just asking, not calling anyone that name.
The accurate comparison would be Libtards, Drumph or Trumpster. That would get closer to coronabros or Karens.
I disagree. There is nothing close in the 2 names that I asked about that compares the group as either a derogatory word for mentally challenged or as living in a dumpster. One is a new term for people very worried about covid and willing to spread their concern in various ways, and the other is an old term for people who complain/tattle to workers/mgmt./authorities about things that most people see as trivial.

BTW, as a conservative, Trump supporter, I don't get upset when referred to as a "bitter clinger" by liberals b/c their comments don't impact me. In fact, it's fun to play it up.

But if any others want to respond to my original question, I'm all eyes.
jeffk
AG
trouble said:

jeffk said:

FERPA, HIPPA, take your pick.

HIPAA

That too!
Inca
AG
Hmmm...my understanding is the prof doesn't have a choice. The STUDENTS have a choice.

My husband's class is in person but he has to also have it set up via Zoom. Students can choose if they attend in person or via Zoom.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
They are not supposed to have the ability to make the call to go online for their course. If the class is f2f the professor is supposed to show up and teach to an empty class and Zoom or any combination in between .-- at least in COE.
Belton Ag
AG
trouble said:

Just FYI

These two things really, really pertinent.
Belton Ag
AG
MBAR said:

saltsman said:

Belton Ag said:

KidDoc said:

ToxicAG said:

Texas A&M COVID dashboard has been updated.

https://www.tamu.edu/coronavirus/dashboard/

Nice to see they are not going to report active cases- just total.

Yeah that first graph is pretty misleading. It says daily new cases, but looks to be total cases added onto daily.
I pretty sure these are not total cases added onto each other daily.

If you look at faculty/staff, for example, you can see that it is not cumulative. Some days report new F/S cases (Aug 12, 17, 21), where as the other days do not.

Also, if you look at the table of number of cumulative positive cases for the week of Aug 16 it shows 358. If you add up the numbers shown for each of the days in that week from the graph, it works out.

I believe this graph is what is says it is... Daily new cases.

Does anyone know what organization is performing the TAMU tests. Perhaps the lab is not sending the data to the county health district? Or perhaps the lab is reporting the students permeant address rather than their school address...

Is is exactly that. If you look below they report the raw test numbers and positive rates per week. The only way to get to those is to have the daily figures in the graph at the top. I'm not sure how anyone could look at that page and think that it was some kind of running total when the text and numbers say otherwise.

As for the county, they said they were going to report A&M numbers but its pretty clear they are not doing that. I have no idea why.
The county is reporting A&M numbers from tests given here locally.
Expert Analysis
AG
as cavscount mentioned above, that is not what is reflected on the A&M site and the numbers do not come close to adding up. It would be real easy to put together a simple database to manage the data. instead we get junk, the same junk they are using to make decisions that affects peoples livelihood and health...
Belton Ag
AG
Expert Analysis said:

as cavscount mentioned above, that is not what is reflected on the A&M site and the numbers do not come close to adding up. It would be real easy to put together a simple database to manage the data. instead we get junk, the same junk they are using to make decisions that affects peoples livelihood and health...
Oh, I agree. I got blasted for assuming that the graph was a running total at first glance (it's obviously not and I should have spent more time looking at it).

I really had no idea that the dashboard data was worthless to look at when it comes to tests administered locally (and recently).

You'd think they would clear that little tidbit up, but oh well.
Expert Analysis
AG
the county tweet does not specifically mention if they are getting the number from A&M, they say health care providers...A&M is conducting testing on campus.
A&M reported 358 positive cases from testing on campus the week of August 16. Brazos county reported 138 total positive for the same week...
Belton Ag
AG
Expert Analysis said:

the county tweet does not specifically mention if they are getting the number from A&M, they say health care providers...A&M is conducting testing on campus.
A&M reported 358 positive cases from testing on campus the week of August 16. Brazos county reported 138 total positive for the same week...
A&M reported 358 self-reported positive cases from testing, but it doesn't say these 358 came from tests done on campus the week of August 16th.
Expert Analysis
AG
whats in the graph and the table are different. the table is not self reported, the graph is. the totals in the graph and table do not add up because they are different sets of data.

the table states: "*Positivity (%) is the proportion of all positive test results delivered out of all tests collected in the Bryan-College Station area. Tests (including students, faculty and staff) are processed by Texas A&M University Student Health Services (SHS) and at Curative, Inc. Data are summarized weekly, and the weekly positivity (%) is the proportion of positive test results delivered out of the total number of Curative COVID-19 tests performed for that week."
scd88
AG
Some kids are getting tests done off campus. Those are in the Brazos County numbers I would think. The others on campus are not. Doesn't seem hard - what am I missing?

Belton Ag
AG
Expert Analysis said:

whats in the graph and the table are different. the table is not self reported, the graph is. the totals in the graph and table do not add up because they are different sets of data.

the table states: "*Positivity (%) is the proportion of all positive test results delivered out of all tests collected in the Bryan-College Station area. Tests (including students, faculty and staff) are processed by Texas A&M University Student Health Services (SHS) and at Curative, Inc. Data are summarized weekly, and the weekly positivity (%) is the proportion of positive test results delivered out of the total number of Curative COVID-19 tests performed for that week."
OK gotcha. I'm focused on the daily graph and what Brazos County says. It still doesn't add up, so I'm guessing that Brazos county wasn't including these numbers the week ending August 16th, or doesn't include at all the tests done on campus.
JP76
scd88 said:

Some kids are getting tests done off campus. Those are in the Brazos County numbers I would think. The others on campus are not. Doesn't seem hard - what am I missing?

I heard S&W UC saw a lot of CV activity today but not sure how much student related
cavscout96
AG
Here's the bottom line.

We shouldn't have to guess, or even interpolate. Our elected and appointed officials and hired administrators need to do better. Period. What a joke.
theNetSmith
AG
Koldus131 said:

77840 lol (Sorority house zip code for those who don't know)
and pretty much every other off-campus student housing development, including the Luther street area.

I highlighted in blue the area within 77840 where the sorority houses are located. yes, I know that 2 were ordered to quarantine after they self-reported multiple active cases, but yesterday's numbers were about 50/50 male to female. I think the sorority numbers were included a few days ago when the ratio of females to males was much greater.

that said, it's obvious that the rise in cases is being caused by the students..

MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 69 new cases, 1,825 tests, 1 death
scd88
AG
I wonder where we peak in terms of new cases. That's a LOT of tests.
trouble
AG
Death was a male in his 60s.

3 discharges

8 Brazos County patients, 20 regional

Brazos County hospitals

Total Bed Occupancy: 66%

Total ICU Bed Occupancy: 48%

Regional

Total Staffed Hospital Beds - 439
Available Hospital Beds - 134
Available ICU Beds - 6
Available Ventilators - 60
Cartographer
As expected. Glad to see hospitalization rates are hanging in there a full week after the students came back to campus.

Let's hope the trend continues. Honestly, best case scenario is that we get a large number of cases, they mostly recover without hospital stays and we can probably start to normalize life around here.
FlyRod
Just got tested at the RECC Center (was exposed to a positive case on Saturday). There were maybe 2 other people in the whole facility...in and out in literally 5 minutes.
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q

Post removed:
by user
saltsman
Belton Ag said:

Expert Analysis said:

Oh, I agree. I got blasted for assuming that the graph was a running total at first glance (it's obviously not and I should have spent more time looking at it).

I really had no idea that the dashboard data was worthless to look at when it comes to tests administered locally (and recently).

Sorry if you felt blasted. I thought the same as you too, then realized it wasn't cumulative. Was just trying to help out in good sprit...
Belton Ag
AG
saltsman said:

Belton Ag said:

Expert Analysis said:

Sorry if you felt blasted. I thought the same as you too, then realized it wasn't cumulative. Was just trying to help out in good sprit...
No sir it wasn't you. Sorry if it came across like that.

How are you by the way? I remember your post about recovering from Covid, you feeling ok?
Counterpoint
AG
FlyRod said:

Just got tested at the RECC Center (was exposed to a positive case on Saturday). There were maybe 2 other people in the whole facility...in and out in literally 5 minutes.
They're doing tests IN the Rec Center?
FlyRod
Yeah sort of: they've allocated a whole massive area for it, so no recc activities taking place in the space. Honestly I was very impressed with how they had it all set up.
Counterpoint
AG
FlyRod said:

Yeah sort of: they've allocated a whole massive area for it, so no recc activities taking place in the space. Honestly I was very impressed with how they had it all set up.
But do they use the same main entrance to go to the testing area? Surely not, right?
FlyRod
I don't think so. They have a system to funnel you in, and out to minimize contact with anyone.
halibut sinclair
The Brazos County Health District has reported 63 additional positive cases of COVID-19 in Brazos County.

Currently, there are 455 active cases and 8 Brazos County residents hospitalized.

No new deaths have been reported in the last 24 hours. There have been 54 total deaths in Brazos County related to COVID-19.

No patients have been discharged from the hospital in the last 24 hours. 4,104 patients are classified as recovered, which means they have been fever-free for 72 hours without fever-reducing medications, and it has been 10 days after onset of symptoms.

76 percent of the new confirmed cases is from the 18-24 year old age group.
lockett93
AG
8/28 numbers are up...
63 cases
1876 tests
8 hospitalizations (no new, no discharges)
51/63 cases estimated to be below 29 years old
44 Caucasian
34/29 female/male

last 7 days positivity rate is 4.34% (low due to the large increase in tests)

Spreadsheet updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q

trouble
AG
So, the new "probable" stats, are those self-reported but not lab confirmed?

Probable COVID-19 Cases in Brazos County (June 18, 2020-present)****
Total number of cases: 380 (5 new)
Recovered: 256
Active cases: 124

Maybe I should keep reading....

A probable COVID-19 case is determined by a positive antigen test. Confirmed COVID-19 cases are determined by a positive PCR test. The health district conducts case investigations on all confirmed and probable cases.

Probable cases were not reported before as the health district was following guidance from the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS). DSHS does not report probable cases in their numbers. However, the Brazos County Health District will now be reporting probable cases, as it gives a better picture of COVID-19 cases in the community. Only the total number, recovered, and active cases will be reported. No further demographics will be released.
trouble
AG
8 Brazos Co patients, 20 regional

Brazos Co hospitals
Total Bed Occupancy: 68%

Total ICU Bed Occupancy: 57%

Regional
Total Staffed Hospital Beds - 426
Available Hospital Beds - 106
Available ICU Beds - 4
Available Ventilators - 59
lockett93
AG
I added some new charts on a tab of the spreadsheet. Let me know if some other chart would be useful. Assuming the charts update themselves as I add new data, I'll keep them!

I also added a column for Antigen tests and running 7 day total of Antigen positive cases. I'm surprised there aren't more antigen test positives if they truly weren't included in the daily numbers.

Think of how many tests BV urgent care, Signature care ER, local Dr offices, etc that use the quick Antigen tests and only 380 positive?

I also don't understand excluding the antigen tests. I do know they have less sensitivity, but what I've read says they are accurate if they report a positive result. They just don't detect lower levels of virus like PCR.
First Page Last Page
Page 80 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.