B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,857 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
ranh1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just watched the 10 o'clock news. We are way down in cases but KBTX glossed over that...
Rapier108
ranh1 said:

Just watched the 10 o'clock news. We are way down in cases but KBTX glossed over that...
Of course they did. KBTX has been selling corona-doom since March.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
nthomas99
AG
EBrazosAg said:

TxFoundry said:

nthomas99 said:

Health District presser. Don't worry, our elected leaders have completely abdicated the decision about opening schools to Dr. Sullivan, who is just letting us know he hasn't decided yet.

Yup. Don't want any collateral damage on your record...

Apparently - the TEA Commissioner (unelected) had communicated to the school districts that only the Local Health Authority (unelected) has authority to delay or change school. Not county judge or anyone else. Will be interesting to watch in the counties where other orders are in place. Interesting to watch here as well. I wouldn't want to be Sullivan and issue that order if delegated to me. I certainly wouldn't want to be a school board member that acquiesced to a unelected official (local health authority ) based on the opinion of a unelected state employee ( TEA commissioner).

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/15/texas-schools-closed-public-health/

Basically, the local health authority has to approve closure to ensure they don't lose funding.

So, as I read it, a decision to remain open still rests solely in the hands of school administrators. They just need sign off from Dr. Sullivan to close and hold on to our tax dollars.

With the context of this information and Judge Hidalgo shutting down Harris County school on the same day as this presser, maybe I was wrong. Likely our leader's already want to close and they are just waiting for Dr. Sullivan to sign off.

Rapier108
53 New Cases
0 New Deaths
435 Reported Tests
20 in the hospital so a slight increase. Occupancy rate is listed as "not reported" but we can assume it probably didn't change that much either way unless there was either a massive influx of out of town patients, or a large increase in non-virus patients.

77801 +7
77802 +8
77803 +15
77806 +1 (I like how PO boxes can get The Rona)
77807 +2
77808 +3
77840 +10
77845 +7

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/7.25.20.pdf
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
trouble
AG
No discharges

60 recovered

20 Brazos Co patients, 60 regional

Brazos Co hospitals????

Regional
Total Staffed Hospital Beds - 554
Available Hospital Beds - 162
Available ICU Beds - 2
Available Ventilators - 42
isitjustme
AG
727 active cases in Brazos county, or 0.31% of estimated population. IMO, About time to free people and businesses from restrictions except for distancing, which actually works.
Rapier108
agrab86 said:

727 active cases in Brazos county, or 0.31% of estimated population. IMO, About time to free people and businesses from restrictions except for distancing, which actually works.
"Two More Weeks"
isitjustme
AG
Rapier108 said:

agrab86 said:

"Two More Weeks"
What kind of shi* wit is that?
FlyRod
Story in KBTX today about a young woman who worked at St. Joseph and passed away from COVID Friday. I guess she hasn't been included yet.
Rapier108
agrab86 said:

Rapier108 said:

agrab86 said:

"Two More Weeks"
A joke. The standard reply is always "two more weeks" because that is what every damn government official and coronabro loves to say.
isitjustme
AG
Rapier108 said:

agrab86 said:

Rapier108 said:

agrab86 said:

"Two More Weeks"
A joke. The standard reply is always "two more weeks" because that is what every damn government official and coronabro loves to say.
I know, I know. I was thinking it was your rapier shi* wit and just wanted confirmation. Maybe in 2 weeks.
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q
gigem92
AG
Story is from Friday. She died Wednesday of last week. Had tested positive the previous Friday. Poorly written story.

Watching the video and looking through things, thinking she may be the 70-year-old female death that was reported on Thursday, but not sure.

Either way, very sad.
AggieBaseball06
AG
gigem92 said:

Story is from Friday. She died Wednesday of last week. Had tested positive the previous Friday. Poorly written story.

Watching the video and looking through things, thinking she may be the 70-year-old female death that was reported on Thursday, but not sure.

Either way, very sad.

She was in her mid-to-late 50s.
FlyRod
Yep I think you're correct, having just watched it.
trouble
AG
She may also not live in Brazos county
MiMi
S
36 new cases reported today, 60 new tests, 1 death

Rapier108
36 New Cases
1 New Death (Male in his 60s who was hospitalized)
60 Reported Tests
Still 20 in the hospital (same number admitted and discharged) and total occupancy/ICU bed occupancy percentage down a bit from 7-24 which is the last day we had numbers.

77801 +4
77802 +4
77803 +10
77807 +2
77808 +1
77840 +5
77845 +10

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/7.26.20.pdf
isitjustme
AG
Active cases in Brazos county fell by 9 to 718, still 0.31% of estimated population. But it was a round-up from .308 rather than the round-down from .312 yesterday.
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q

Percentages for race show Only 25/36 Cases were categorized with 24 being Hispanic. And around 400 cases not falling into African Am, Caucasian or Hispanic.

Tomorrow's compare is a small one at 10 cases announced last Monday. Then again, number of cases really isn't important. A week ago we had 29 in the hospital and now we have 20. And active cases are much lower as well.
Rapier108
23 New Cases
0 New Deaths
893 Reported Tests
Still 20 in the hospital, but a big drop in ICU and total occupancy rates.

77801 +3
77802 +5
77803 +6
77807 +1
77808 +0
77840 +3
77845 +4
77859 +1 (First case reported in this zip code, which is mostly Robertson County)

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/7.27.20.pdf
KidDoc
AG
Rapier108 said:

23 New Cases
0 New Deaths
893 Reported Tests

77801 +3
77802 +5
77803 +6
77807 +1
77808 +0
77840 +3
77845 +4
77859 +1 (First case reported in this zip code, which is mostly Robertson County)

With that active case trend I find it very annoying they are delaying public school opening. Note this does not effect me personally as my kids are older- I just feel badly for all the kids that are really having disruption in their development and social life.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
3 discharges

over 3,000 recovered now. Active cases less than 700

20 Brazos Co patients, 67 regional

Brazos Co hospitals
Total Bed Occupancy: 57%

Total ICU Bed Occupancy: 61%

Regional
Total Staffed Hospital Beds - 533
Available Hospital Beds - 123
Available ICU Beds - 8
Available Ventilators - 42
jrhmc
AG
KidDoc said:

Rapier108 said:

23 New Cases
0 New Deaths
893 Reported Tests

77801 +3
77802 +5
77803 +6
77807 +1
77808 +0
77840 +3
77845 +4

With that active case trend I find it very annoying they are delaying public school opening. Note this does not effect me personally as my kids are older- I just feel badly for all the kids that are really having disruption in their development and social life.

Where are they saying that our area schools are being delayed? The last I heard they are starting August 13 which is actually earlier than originally planned. Have I missed an announcement?
isitjustme
AG
0.29% of the Brazos county population currently has covid, or 681 active cases. Getting lower all the time.
instapt
I'm not assuming A&M will provide the data from the mandatory campus COVID reporting. So how will A&M students with a permanent address elsewhere get counted when they test positive here? Will we ever know those student numbers?
Tailgate88
AG
KidDoc said:

Rapier108 said:

23 New Cases
0 New Deaths
893 Reported Tests

77801 +3
77802 +5
77803 +6
77807 +1
77808 +0
77840 +3
77845 +4

Just had to give you another blue star for this.
cavscout96
AG
I'd err on the side that A&M will provide some data. Total positives, and tested I think are likely. They still have to play along with Peters and Mooney to some extent.

Another, and potentially better, question is: Will our local news outlets hold A&M's feet to the fire to disclose info in the interest of community health and safety?

IOW, are we going to get data, or are we going to get a narrative. If a narrative, how will it dovetail or conflict with the on-going local narrative.

Lastly, are our "leaders" going to put their head in the sand and abdicate their responsibility to lead to an un-elected, unaccountable third party. I think we already know the answer to this one.
BQ_90
AG
instapt said:

I'm not assuming A&M will provide the data from the mandatory campus COVID reporting. So how will A&M students with a permanent address elsewhere get counted when they test positive here? Will we ever know those student numbers?
my guess is they'll get counted both places since that will create the most fear
happyinBCS
I noticed that BearX the pool at the Barracks won't let anyone in if they live in Harris, Travis or Ft Bend counties
KidDoc
AG
jrhmc said:

KidDoc said:

Rapier108 said:

23 New Cases
0 New Deaths
893 Reported Tests

77801 +3
77802 +5
77803 +6
77807 +1
77808 +0
77840 +3
77845 +4

Where are they saying that our area schools are being delayed? The last I heard they are starting August 13 which is actually earlier than originally planned. Have I missed an announcement?
Per the news conference on Thursday it is still "up in the air" supposedly. Of course they are also looking at juggling distance learning + in person which I think is great as each families risk tolerance will be different.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ratsa
Tailgate88 said:

KidDoc said:

Rapier108 said:

23 New Cases
0 New Deaths
893 Reported Tests

77801 +3
77802 +5
77803 +6
77807 +1
77808 +0
77840 +3
77845 +4

Unless you have information that hasn't been released to the public yet, you are giving him a blue star for spreading misinformation. Both BISD's and CSISD's websites show they are planning to open with in-person classes.
jeffk
AG
Yes, both BISD and CSISD are opening in August with options for f2f and remote learning environments. I guess things could spike and they could choose to cancel the f2f, but I haven't heard anything that would lead me to believe they are leaning towards doing that.
Tailgate88
AG
Ratsa said:

Tailgate88 said:

KidDoc said:

Rapier108 said:

23 New Cases
0 New Deaths
893 Reported Tests

77801 +3
77802 +5
77803 +6
77807 +1
77808 +0
77840 +3
77845 +4

Unless you have information that hasn't been released to the public yet, you are giving him a blue star for spreading misinformation. Both BISD's and CSISD's websites show they are planning to open with in-person classes.

I don't think he referring to just local schools.
Cartographer
Also it should be pointed out that if the Health Authority shuts the schools down for face to face classes, the ISD's funding will not be effected from the state.

If the ISD's choose to shut down in person, they will have their funding cut.

I think this is a behind the scenes that we should pay attention to as we see lower case numbers.

There is profit in not opening facilities and providing services on campus if the Health district steps in. Everyone in the ISD gets paid.

[url=https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/15/texas-schools-closed-public-health/][/url]https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/15/texas-schools-closed-public-health/

*credit NThomas for finding this previously.
First Page Last Page
Page 65 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.