B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,750 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
theNetSmith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trouble said:

Background noise is awful. I killed my hearing with too many concerts in the 90s
Here.
scd88
AG
For the record, I look forward to these updates every day. Well done, everyone. Thanks.
Cartographer
Is best case scenario still keep the death rate low and the cases high? Just making sure I understand the idea we're hoping for.
trouble
AG
Yes. We don't really know how much immunity is conferred or for how long and we won't know for a while.

We need to protect the most vulnerable in order to keep hospitalizations and deaths low.
KidDoc
AG
If you guys missed Foreigner @ Rudder right before the shutdown in 2/2020 you missed one heck of a show!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tb9665
I remember seeing Reba and Huey Lewis in G Rollie White. MSC Town Hall use to bring some great people.

[Back on topic. -Staff]
Bunk Moreland
Alright place your bets. What are we thinking? Was the 48 yesterday low coming off the weekend?

I'll say 89 cases today.
Rapier108
80-100 is what I would expect if there wasn't a holiday involved and it was just the normal weekend catch up.

With the holiday in the mix, I would not be surprised to see some high number such as 160-200 because we're having a 3 day catch up in reporting.

The problem will be, if there is a huge catch up spike, it will generate the usual hysteria and overreaction because only those paying attention will realize it is a reporting caused spike, not an actual number of cases spike.

Than again, some places were closed yesterday for the 4th instead of Friday, so we might see low numbers today and the jump tomorrow. Since the reporting is all over the place, anything from 0 cases to 200+ is possible.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
scd88
AG
Way to commit....
isitjustme
AG
While I hope for 40-60 cases (or less), I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the 130-150 range.
cavscout96
AG
Rapier108 said:

80-100 is what I would expect if there wasn't a holiday involved and it was just the normal weekend catch up.

With the holiday in the mix, I would not be surprised to see some high number such as 160-200 because we're having a 3 day catch up in reporting.

The problem will be, if there is a huge catch up spike, it will generate the usual hysteria and overreaction because only those paying attention will realize it is a reporting caused spike, not an actual number of cases spike.

Than again, some places were closed yesterday for the 4th instead of Friday, so we might see low numbers today and the jump tomorrow. Since the reporting is all over the place, anything from 0 cases to 200+ is possible.
and this, in and of itself, the absolute charlie foxtrot in reporting accurate and relevant information, is a flipping tragedy.

it's no wonder people are PO'd and others hysterical. Great job, "leaders."
cavscout96
AG
can we start a pool or something?

I'm in for 127
Rapier108
scd88 said:

Way to commit....
It's become way too unpredictable to commit to a guess.

Reading tea leaves or casting lots is probably more accurate.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
scd88
AG
I'm in for 72. Hoping for a trend here...
scd88
AG
No worries. Just busting your chops for funzies.
Cartographer
Put me down for 111
KidDoc
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
isitjustme
AG
cavscout96
AG
KidDoc said:

inside info?
trouble
AG
theNetSmith
AG
130+
Post removed:
by user
EBrazosAg
AG
25 or 624
saltydog13
AG
Rapier108
94 New Cases
0 New Deaths
935 New Tests
Another nice drop in hospitalizations. Not guessing from the ugly graphic.

77801 +5
77802 +10
77803 +21
77807 +5
77808 +7
77840 +25
77845 +21

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/7.7.20.pdf
trouble
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

I'm in for 95.

Whoop!
Looks like you're the winner
Cartographer
Wait I thought we were playing price is right rules?

I was way over though!

/shocked face!
trouble
AG
23 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 52 total in local hospitals.

8 discharges

11 more recovered

Total Bed Occupancy: 63%

Total ICU Bed Occupancy: 61%
trouble
AG
panduh bear said:

I was way over though!

/shocked face!
in that case, scd88 is the winner
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated.

Some rounding issues where the percentages given are not finite enough to get exactly the same numbers...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q
cavscout96
AG
<100 good news

ICU 61% - Even better news
scd88
AG
trouble said:

panduh bear said:

I was way over though!

/shocked face!
in that case, scd88 is the winner

Whoop!

Uh...what's in the showcase showdown?
tb9665
Just drove by CapRock on University. If I remember correctly, they turned that into a COVID location. There must have been 10-12 men outside in line. A few of them had their safety shirts on. Construction? Also, with the testing today and tomorrow, there possibly went any number guessing for a few days.
JMac03
AG
Yes its a COVID testing location only. I can only imagine a bunch of people from a work place go when they think they have been exposed. It wouldn't shock me one bit it being a bunch of construction workers (especially since the ones I have seen on campus aren't social distancing or wearing masks when eating lunch, etc.
KidDoc
AG
cavscout96 said:

<100 good news

ICU 61% - Even better news
Bad news if you are a hospital exec!
First Page Last Page
Page 52 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.