B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,096,119 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not going to get into it with you, but thanks for the insults. Where did I say I didn't wear it - big difference between hating it but still doing it versus not doing it at all.

And how have I politicized this?

Snowflake. Lol.
Rapier108
45 cases
2,632 new tests
0 new deaths
28 in the hospital (+5, -8) (If I'm reading the graph correctly)

77801 +6
77802 +3
77803 +17
77807 +2
77808 +1
77840 +9
77845 +7

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/6.23.20.pdf
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
trouble
AG
7 discharges according to the ugly infographic.

32 more recovered.
ontheedge
Isn't the 803 zip where the Parc is?
lockett93
AG
ontheedge said:

Isn't the 803 zip where the Parc is?

Parc is 77807
91_Aggie
AG
scd88 said:

I'm not going to get into it with you, but thanks for the insults. Where did I say I didn't wear it - big difference between hating it but still doing it versus not doing it at all.

And how have I politicized this?

Snowflake. Lol.

Calling it "mask culture" is where you politicized it. Or if you think I am misjudging it, explain what you mean by Mask Culture
FlyRod
77803 still the Sanderson Farms cluster?
Rapier108
FlyRod said:

77803 still the Sanderson Farms cluster?
Yes, at least to some degree.

77803 blew up when it started spreading through the Hispanic community like wildfire. Given the demographics of who tends to work in meat processing plants, we can safely assume a lot of it was started by the Sanderson Farms outbreak, but now it is still spreading through a community which does not take the virus seriously at all.

And for those who might try to flag this comment as racist, it isn't. The Brazos County Health District made it very clear when they did their almost all Spanish briefing that the Hispanic community was not taking it seriously at all; which is why they brought in several priests and other community leaders to try to get the message out.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
scd88
AG
Fair enough. I didn't realize that term was "politicizing" it. I say that because wearing masks is different than, well, what we had before. I feel wearing masks is a cultural shift, that's all.

Edited my post as I came across as a dick. Apologies.
lockett93
AG
Today's results include:

5 African American
17 Caucasian
23 Hispanic

27 Male, 18 Female

we had:
0 in 90's
0 in 80's
0 in 70's
2 in 60's
5 in 50's
7 in 40's
7 in 30's
18 in 20's
6 in 15-19
2 in <15

16 in College Station zips
29 in Bryan zips

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q/
jeffk
AG
I would add that our area Hispanic population has a high percentage of workers deemed essential. So while it very well may be a lack of seriousness that is contributing to the large number of cases in 803 (where I live), there are some other factors at play.
cavscout96
AG
91_Aggie said:

scd88 said:

I so despise mask culture. I hate wearing one for a variety of reasons (not vanity related); and hate seeing so many people wear them. It's here for a long time if not forever, to a certain degree. It's such a shift in how we go out and what we do. It is wrong. ****ing China.

Sad to see you have associated wearing a mask with a political stance rather than a way to slow the spread and help protect others. So many selfish people out there who just cannot bear a minor incovenience that could protect others.

I see most of the anti-maskers being older people who probably have complained in the past about the younger generation as snowflakes who cannot deal with any adversity, yet here you have these older folks who cannot bring themselves to deal with the simple incovenience of wearing a mask.

I guess snowflakes come in all ages.

Your schtick is getting tiresome. For someone who rails about others' immaturity, you seem to be the one throwing around personal insults.

My reluctance to comply to your every whim makes me neither immature or a snowflake.

Get over yourself.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
scd88 said:

I so despise mask culture. I hate wearing one for a variety of reasons (not vanity related); and hate seeing so many people wear them. It's here for a long time if not forever, to a certain degree. It's such a shift in how we go out and what we do. It is wrong. ****ing China.

You hate seeing others wear masks? Why? Some of us have cancer patients and or small kids (in my case a special needs child who isn't able to express discomfort or pain properly) living with us and theres a chance wearing masks minimizes transmission to some degree. It's bizarre to me someone is so anti mask especially when it comes to others doing it.

I know you tried to clarify above but its still doesn't make much sense to me personally.
scd88
AG
I'm sorry you have a need to use masks. It is even more unfortunate if this is a new thing because of the virus. That's the new norm. While that may not frustrate you, it does me.

I have nothing against people who wear masks.
new straw
My goodness. It's not that hard! We ALL NEED TO WEAR MASKS! You protect me, I protect you. It sucks for sure, but I legitimately don't understand why some are so selfish to think that not wearing a mask is about you. Not everything is about you! Wear it. I know it sucks. If you want to be in public, please wear a mask, if you don't want to, do curbside Or whatever.
scd88
AG
I've done a poor job explaining myself as I feel y'all have missed the point. I'm not railing against the masks and those who wear them; I'm lamenting the situation and the fact that we are at this point.

If you don't get at least a little irritated by how we got here and that being in public has changed quite a bit because of a virus, then I don't know what to say.

I keep asking where I've said people shouldn't wear masks and nobody answers me. Lol.
Belton Ag
AG
I'm fine with wearing a mask indoors in public. I refuse to wear one outside, though, and will not go anywhere that would require one either by fiat or etiquette. It's not a political thing, it's that it's summer and I find them to be really uncomfortable. I would be more amenable to them in the winter.

What I can't figure out is the restaurant thing. People mentioned doing curbside if you don't want to wear a mask. How do you wear a mask and go to a restaurant? If you are pulling off your mask to eat or drink every minute or two, it just defeats the purpose.
trouble
AG
Most restaurants that are asking that you wear one are asking that you wear it until your food arrives and if you need to call your server over for anything.
cavscout96
AG
new straw said:

My goodness. It's not that hard! We ALL NEED TO WEAR MASKS! You protect me, I protect you. It sucks for sure, but I legitimately don't understand why some are so selfish to think that not wearing a mask is about you. Not everything is about you! Wear it. I know it sucks. If you want to be in public, please wear a mask, if you don't want to, do curbside Or whatever.
more name calling..... sure to get folks to see your point of view.
RGRAg1/75
AG
cavscout96 said:

new straw said:

Were you actually a Cav Scout? Can't tell based on the sensitive nature of this response. Where did the name calling occur?
isitjustme
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

cavscout96 said:

new straw said:

Were you actually a Cav Scout? Can't tell based on the sensitive nature of this response. Where did the name calling occur?
In bold. Is that clear enough for you? (eta the selfish comment if it doesn't immediately pop up)
RGRAg1/75
AG
agrab86 said:

RGRAg1/75 said:

cavscout96 said:

new straw said:

In bold. Is that clear enough for you? (eta the selfish comment if it doesn't immediately pop up)

I saw that. My question stands.
isitjustme
AG
So calling a group of people who don't agree with you "selfish" is not name calling? I guess if you don't agree with that group of people, then it's ok.
RGRAg1/75
AG
agrab86 said:

So calling a group of people who don't agree with you "selfish" is not name calling? I guess if you don't agree with that group of people, then it's ok.

I don't think you and I are going to see eye to eye on this one if you think that's "name calling." Ever. And I'm not even talking about the mask culture debate here, just to be clear.
91_Aggie
AG
scd88 said:

I've done a poor job explaining myself as I feel y'all have missed the point. I'm not railing against the masks and those who wear them; I'm lamenting the situation and the fact that we are at this point.

If you don't get at least a little irritated by how we got here and that being in public has changed quite a bit because of a virus, then I don't know what to say.

I keep asking where I've said people shouldn't wear masks and nobody answers me. Lol.

No worries. Your original post was not clear about why you hated "mask culture", and we have others, who believe their "right to express themselves" is more important to them than just being a good and decent person.

So it seemed like you were an Anti-masker. My apologies for lumping you in with people who are more BSC than anti-vaxxers.
texasaggie04
AG
scd88 said:

I think we all lament the situation. The question is how can we make it positive? Personally, I think we need to encourage our elected officials at all levels to invest in public health, medical infrastructure, and science education.

This is the sixth (or maybe more) global disease in the last decade. There will be others in the future, period. We need to use this as a wake up call to prepare for the future, and instead we're arguing about the political implications of wearing a mask.
tb9665
With cases increasing, Texas now has to self-quarantine for 14 days in NY, NJ and Conn. if you travel there.
isitjustme
AG
tb9665 said:

With cases increasing, Texas now has to self-quarantine for 14 days in NY, NJ and Conn. if you travel there.
that won't be a problem for me.
Rapier108
tb9665 said:

Nothing but retaliation for Abbott doing it to them back in March/April.
cavscout96
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

cavscout96 said:

new straw said:

Yes, and hardly sensitive. Just pointing out the logical fallacy / ad hominem.

Sticks and stones, right? I'm merely pointing out the fall back position of failure to attack the logic of another person's argument and, instead label them as selfish (immature, racist, xenophobic, inane, stuck in the dark ages, etc., etc., etc.).

An appeal to emotion to incite response his hardly a sound logical argument to intellectually worthwhile exercise.

Rapier108
72 new cases
1 new death (woman in her 60s who was hospitalized)
2151 new tests
26 in the hospital (+2 -4) (Again, if I read the graph correctly)

77801 +6
77802 +5
77803 +12
77806 +1
77807 +2
77808 +3
77840 +21
77843 +1 (1st reported in this zip code)
77845 +21

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/6.24.20.pdf

The last two days have seen 4,783 tests reported. That is a massive jump in testing, which is why we're seeing more cases being found.
isitjustme
AG
Thanks. BTW, 77843 is campus as you likely know. So it's someone's campus po box address or we have students living on campus this summer and it's one of them.
cavscout96
AG
texasaggie04 said:

scd88 said:

I think we all lament the situation. The question is how can we make it positive? Personally, I think we need to encourage our elected officials at all levels to invest in public health, medical infrastructure, and science education.

This is the sixth (or maybe more) global disease in the last decade. There will be others in the future, period. We need to use this as a wake up call to prepare for the future, and instead we're arguing about the political cultural implications of wearing a mask.
Not political, cultural.

Everything is an excuse to increase science education. When are we going to teach people to think and reason?

You may worship at the altar of the state/science/mass communication. I'll take my chances with logic and reason.
First Page Last Page
Page 40 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.