B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,776 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We know the state is working to test every nursing home resident and employee so it would not be surprising if some of it is that, along with the drive through tests that KidDoc mentioned.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
MiMi
S
How often are nursing home/assisted living residents and staff supposed to be tested? Weekly? It would be nice to know how many of the tests are repeats or first-timers.
lockett93
AG
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q/edit

Today's results include:

3 African American
1 Caucasian
10 Hispanic

6 Male, 8 Female

we had:
1 in 90's
1 in 50's
2 in 40's
2 in 30's
5 in 20's
2 in 15-19
1 in <15

1 in College Station zips
13 in Bryan zips

7 Community
7 Cluster
cavscout96
AG
Is there a breakdown of deaths by ethnicity? Looks like this has been exclusively 60+ years old, but I haven;t seen a connection to ethnicity.
JaneDoe02
AG
Crestview tested all of their Skilled Nursing residents and staff last Thursday. I've been watching to see if there was a big spike.

I'm not sure how long it takes to get results.
Rapier108
For what its worth, haven't heard any EMS calls to Crestview in a while, and those I've have heard were for clearly non coronavirus related issues such as falls.

Hopefully they don't find any cases.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
cinag83
Just found out someone tested positive at my office. Not identified. I think I know who but still concerned. What is the obligation of employers to protect medical info but also indicate level of risk. We have had mandated masks and social distancing for 2 weeks. Honestly, pretty good adherance but not 100%. Worried for my family right now.
dubi
AG
JaneDoe02 said:

Crestview tested all of their Skilled Nursing residents and staff last Thursday. I've been watching to see if there was a big spike.

Is this the facility across from Blinn?

My mom is in the independent living section.
Rapier108
dubi said:

JaneDoe02 said:

Is this the facility across from Blinn?

My mom is in the independent living section.
Yes
FlyRod
Two McDonalds employees tested positive, new KBTX story. Speculating that the spike in young folks testing positive in latest batch are service sector workers?
FlyRod
cinag83, two workers on our building tested positive in mid March. No other information was divulged. We were told "enter at your own risk." Good luck and hope you're ok.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
2 people at my office (not Brazos county) tested positive.

One guy I know. His team is one that has to be at the facility to work. They sent them all home for a week and most are back now.

The other worked in the facility and had contact with a few others, the sick person and all known contacts (4 or so total people) are quarantined home.

They've done what they can to stop spread, but have not openly discussed who.
Rapier108
16 new cases
21 deaths (+2)
75 new tests
15 in the hospital (-2 +1)

77801 +3
77802 +2
77803 +4
77840 +2
77845 +5

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/6.3.20.pdf
trouble
AG
Deaths were men in their 50s and 90s.

Another 15 recovered.
75AG
AG
Wonder what comorbidities the 50 YO had?
trouble
AG
We'll never know
benchmark
AG
Big uptick today in "community spread" - 12
FlyRod
Other health experts eisewhere have pointed out that (sadly) co-morbidities rise (often through no fault of their own) after 50. In my case, despite a healthy diet and gym rat lifestyle, high blood pressure. Safe to assume the poor soul had one or more, as most of us past that mark do.

That said, I too share the frustration of not getting more data on these cases.
AggiePhil
AG
News today really not good. We must work to stop the spread!
Rapier108
AggiePhil said:

This is what you post every single time on this thread.

Can we keep the doom on F84?
MBAR
AG
Rapier108 said:

AggiePhil said:

This is what you post every single time on this thread.

Can we keep the doom on F84?
Look man, some of you always say this when someone comes in and points out that the spread has picked up or says something other than the outlook you prefer. But you never say this when someone posts a rosy outlook.

Part of looking at the numbers locally is understanding when they mean a 2nd wave is coming in hard. I don't know if we're there yet, but I know that the numbers over the past two days (coupled with the pretty damn awful efforts I've seen out in public) are not a good sign.

If you don't like people saying that just don't read their posts. But stop trying to tell them where to post when its pretty relevant to the thread simply because you don't like what they have to say. Pull up those big boy pants and accept that other people view things differently.
Rapier108
The irony is you're doing the very thing you're accusing me of doing.

And I never told anyone to do anything. Asking to ditch the gloom and doom is not an order.

Now, I'm not going to argue with you since I know it will get flagged and I'll get a day off.
KidDoc
AG
It is not going away. If hospitals are not overwhelmed it is going well.

Yes I know that stinks but that is the nature of a novel virus pandemic.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dubi
AG
Quote:

If hospitals are not overwhelmed it is going well.
This is the key!

We can have 500 new cases in younger folks and it is fine!
benchmark
AG
MBAR said:

Part of looking at the numbers locally is understanding when they mean a 2nd wave is coming in hard. I don't know if we're there yet, but I know that the numbers over the past two days (coupled with the pretty damn awful efforts I've seen out in public) are not a good sign.
Wash your hands, wear a mask. and limit your trips to pubic areas .... also ... wear a seat belt, drive defensively at a safe speed, and don't drive late at night.

Extremely probable you'll be just fine.
nthomas99
AG
benchmark said:

MBAR said:

Wash your hands, wear a mask. and limit your trips to pubic areas .... also ... wear a seat belt, drive defensively at a safe speed, and don't drive late at night.

I assume there's a typo up there
trouble
AG
Maaaaaaaaaybe
MBAR
AG
benchmark said:

MBAR said:

Nothing else you can do really. I do wish more people locally worse masks in crowded areas but since I can't control others I just avoid places where I've seen that happen. That typo tho, lol.
theNetSmith
AG
nthomas99 said:

benchmark said:

MBAR said:

I assume there's a typo up there
God, I hope so.. that would be the most difficult part for some of us.
KidDoc
AG
MBAR said:

benchmark said:

MBAR said:

Nothing else you can do really. I do wish more people locally worse masks in crowded areas but since I can't control others I just avoid places where I've seen that happen. That typo tho, lol.
The evidence that masking makes any significant difference is flimsy at best. I see people wearing masks wrong every single day.

Now if everyone went around with eye protection and a fitted N95 it would crush transmission. But I don't see that happening. Even surgical mask work pretty well (estimated 70% decrease risk) . At this time the evidence of cloth masking being helpful is zippo and suspect that will be the case as more data is gathered.

This is my professional opinion and differs from the current, and frequently changing, CDC guidelines.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
I've worn my mask in public exactly one time.

I have it in case someone requests I wear it but given my very very very limited exposure to anyone since mid March, I find it very hard to believe I'm an asymptomatic carrier.
MBAR
AG
KidDoc said:

MBAR said:

benchmark said:

MBAR said:

The evidence that masking makes any significant difference is flimsy at best. I see people wearing masks wrong every single day.

Now if everyone went around with eye protection and a fitted N95 it would crush transmission. But I don't see that happening. Even surgical mask work pretty well (estimated 70% decrease risk) . At this time the evidence of cloth masking being helpful is zippo and suspect that will be the case as more data is gathered.

This is my professional opinion and differs from the current, and frequently changing, CDC guidelines.
I hate when people second guess my scientific expertise on the internet so I'm sure as hell not going to turn around and do that to you.

That being said, I see no downsides to me wearing a mask and if it might help I'll continue to do so while the guidance is that way. Its definitely not super comfortable, but then again nothing about the pandemic is comfortable. Hopefully we get definitive guidance on it one way or another eventually.
tb9665
I guess no update for today yet?
trouble
AG
Nope. Nothing yet.
Rapier108
15 new cases
22 deaths (+1)
97 new tests
10 in the hospital (-5)

77801 +1
77802 +2
77803 +5
77807 +1
77808 +2
77845 +4

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/6.4.20.pdf
First Page Last Page
Page 24 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.