B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,099,514 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
isitjustme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BQ_90 said:

cavscout96 said:

Slocum on a mobile said:

They've been terrible for years, yet people keep electing these clowns.
what does that say about "us?"

serious question
define us, does even 50% of the eligible voters vote in national elections? Then add to that even less take part in local elections.

From a voting standpoint, this town acts and votes like a dink hick town. So a very small active group controls the local elections.
This is obviously a great topic for a whole other thread. Since 1964, 54-70% of eligible voters did so in in presidential elections. Be lucky to get to 15% in a local only election and 45% in a mid-term/TX statewide governor, etc. election.

If you voted and like the results, it says the voters are extremely smart. If you voted and don't like the results, then the other voters are morons. And what it says about the rest of the eligible voters who didn't vote is that they are extremely apathetic regarding elections and can't be bothered to participate. I really don't want those types of people voting anyway, or complaining.

Back to thread topic - I really hope we a get a 3rd consecutive day of very low new case numbers, I hope the folks associated with the Parc at Traditions, Sanderson Farms, and all the other clusters don't experience any severe complications, and that we can keep on this path of reopening the economy as well as our large institutions like TAMU, the ISDs, and Blinn.
Rapier108
They're running really late today on releasing the update.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
trouble
AG
Really really late.

Are they just waiting for the press conference today?
Rapier108
3 new cases
80 new tests
0 new deaths
5 in the hospital (+1)

77802 +1
77803 +3
77845 +1

So this makes up for the 2 missing cases yesterday's zip code totals.

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/5.26.20.pdf
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
trouble
AG
Now I wonder how much they are lagging on hospital info since Jeff posted that his family member was discharged last night.
trouble
AG
Also, 4 more totally recovered.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Is that not a net number?

One out and two in is still +1?
trouble
AG
Ugly little infographic doesn't show any discharges
Rapier108
Press conference is about to start. Let's see how useless it will be today.

https://www.kbtx.com/livestream2

Only Sullivan and Mooney there, ugh.
Rapier108
41 total cases from Sanderson Farms so far. (IIRC, it was 27 on the last report.)

The vast majority of cases at P@T were asymptomatic when tested on 5-19.
trouble
AG
So what is the total from the 3 clusters now?
Rapier108
trouble said:

Right around 130. That doesn't include the number of people who contracted it from Sanderson Farm employees, but were not employees themselves.
benchmark
AG
trouble said:

Last news (a month ago), Waterford with 32 residents and 13 staff. More recently, Parc was 45 and Sanderson now 41.

That's 131 reported (we know of) ... or 52% of the 250 identified as clusters.
Rapier108
benchmark said:

trouble said:

Last news (a month ago), Waterford with 32 residents and 13 staff. More recently, Parc was 45 and Sanderson now 41.

That's 131 reported (we know of) ... or 52% of the 250 identified as clusters.
Which seem to follow the pattern in many areas with big chunks coming from clusters.

We can assume a lot of the Sanderson Farms people infected a bunch of others, mostly family.

Of course, our local dear leaders, are still predicting we'll see a spike coming soon.

They've been predicting this over and over, and over again.

They're just like the "two more weeks" and "its exponential" crowd.
cavscout96
AG
Yes, Sullivan bemoaning the crowded beaches over the Memorial Day weekend. It's almost like he's hoping for a big spike to validate his chicken little approach. Missed the start. Did the Mayor even talk?
Rapier108
11 new cases
369 new tests
7 in the hospital (+2)
0 new deaths

77801 +1
77803 +5
77807 +1
77808 +3
77845 +1

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/5.27.20.pdf
Rapier108
cavscout96 said:

Yes, Sullivan bemoaning the crowded beaches over the Memorial Day weekend. It's almost like he's hoping for a big spike to validate his chicken little approach. Missed the start. Did the Mayor even talk?
And of course, KBTX like always is fully willing to run with it and try to scare the population.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Brazos-County-Health-District-shares-when-to-expect-results-of-Memorial-Day-weekend-570790421.html
trouble
AG
And they still don't show a discharge though we know there was one.
trouble
AG
Oh and 8 more recovered
Esteban du Plantier
AG
How do I go about getting a test locally?

I've got a little cold, probably, but have older family members coming to town later this week for a birthday and would like to be certain I'm not putting anyone at risk. Don't really want to drive to Houston today. Do I have to have a doctor order the test?
cavscout96
AG
Rapier108 said:

cavscout96 said:

And of course, KBTX like always is fully willing to run with it and try to scare the population.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Brazos-County-Health-District-shares-when-to-expect-results-of-Memorial-Day-weekend-570790421.html

yes this was Rusty's question at the presser
cavscout96
AG
oh, and Sullivan is very adept at giving non-answer "answers"/responses.

he's getting pretty tiresome to listen to.
lockett93
AG
Early results today...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q/edit

Today's results include:

0 African American
0 Caucasian
11 Hispanic
0 other

7 Male, 4 Female

we had:
1 in 60's
2 in 50's
1 in 40's
1 in 30's
5 in 20's
0 in 15-19
1 in <15

1 in College Station zips
10 in Bryan zips

4 Community
7 Cluster
KidDoc
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

How do I go about getting a test locally?

I've got a little cold, probably, but have older family members coming to town later this week for a birthday and would like to be certain I'm not putting anyone at risk. Don't really want to drive to Houston today. Do I have to have a doctor order the test?

St Joseph respiratory clinic at Tower Point.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
oklaunion
cavscout96 said:

What do you want him to say? My opinion is he has been doing a great job but has been caught between a rock and a hard place. At least one knotheaded elected official and a bunch of young folks posting here who aren't scared of being infected because they are rightly of the opinion their own health probably won't be adversely affected. He sees the big picture and realizes those same young folks are at risk of infecting at risk age groups if they work at old folks homes or the like. Be at the bedside of some of those who have drowned in their own fluids and I will wager you will be a bit more tolerable of his cautionary stance and answers.
oklaunion
cavscout96 said:

What do you want him to say? My opinion is he has been doing a great job but has been caught between a rock and a hard place. At least one knotheaded elected official and a bunch of young folks posting here who aren't scared of being infected because they are rightly of the opinion their own health probably won't be adversely affected. He sees the big picture and realizes those same young folks are at risk of infecting at risk age groups if they work at old folks homes or the like. Be at the bedside of some of those who have drowned in their own fluids and I will wager you will be a bit more tolerable of his cautionary stance and answers.
gunan01
AG
oklaunion said:

cavscout96 said:

Great post. Dr. Sullivan is doing a great job. Just because he doesn't say what you (as presumably a non-physician) want him to say, means nothing.
BQ_90
AG
cavscout96 said:

well if they keep going the way it is, all the hospitals in town will have laid off all their employees and then we'll be vulnerable to second wave when there isn't any hospitals beds left in town.

this is case where elected leaders are making things worse, not better.
cavscout96
AG
oklaunion said:

cavscout96 said:

I don't want him to say anything. That's the point.

He's not the person elected to lead the community. As such, it's not his role to run press conferences or make policy.

It would also help if the leadership actually gave some useful info to the masses and knock off the chicken little routine

Sullivan, and his models, were wrong. Own it. Move on.

BTW, I've seen plenty of folks die horribly. It's hardly a requirement to analyze data sets and compare to historical trends (or "see the big picture")

Since we're "wagering" what I would or wouldn't do, I'd lay an ice cold six pack that Sullivan hasn't been attending many CVOID bedsides. Could be wrong; don't think so.

If it makes you feel better to hang on every gloom and doom prognosis, byall means, drive on. I'll take the "think for myself" for 400 followed by "hold my public servants accountable" for 800 Alex.
cavscout96
AG
BQ_90 said:

cavscout96 said:

well if they keep going the way it is, all the hospitals in town will have laid off all their employees and then we'll be vulnerable to second wave when there isn't any hospitals beds left in town.

this is case where elected leaders are making things worse, not better.

Or ....

"What he said."

Oogway
cavscout96 said:

oklaunion said:

cavscout96 said:

I don't want him to say anything. That's the point.

He's not the person elected to lead the community. As such, it's not his role to run press conferences or make policy.

It would also help if the leadership actually gave some useful info to the masses and knock off the chicken little routine

Sullivan, and his models, were wrong. Own it. Move on.

BTW, I've seen plenty of folks die horribly. It's hardly a requirement to analyze data sets and compare to historical trends (or "see the big picture")

Since we're "wagering" what I would or wouldn't do, I'd lay an ice cold six pack that Sullivan hasn't been attending many CVOID bedsides. Could be wrong; don't think so.

If it makes you feel better to hang on every gloom and doom prognosis, byall means, drive on. I'll take the "think for myself" for 400 followed by "hold my public servants accountable" for 800 Alex.
The BCHD can run press conferences if it so chooses, they are a department under the aegis of the county and have a mission to inform. Were it a natural disaster, the Emergency Management division would be making public announcements.

"It would also help if the leadership actually gave some useful info to the masses and knock off the chicken little routine." ---- Several folks here have adopted the flip side of the same coin and dooming and glooming by projecting their fears onto the officials as wanting to do this or that to shut down the cities even though businesses and other entities are slowly opening up.

Most of the population are observing the numbers, taking whatever precautions they feel comfortable with and moving on.

EdIt-spellchk
Rapier108
8 new cases
253 new tests
0 deaths
10 in the hospital (+3)

Going to assume most if not all of the hospital spike is from P@T. There was an EMS call there last night for an unconscious person and with the way the dispatcher was talking to the responding EMS units, it was a person with a confirmed positive case.

77801 +1
77803 +3
77807 +1
77808 +1
77840 +1
77845 +1

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/5.28.20.pdf
cavscout96
AG
Oogway said:

1. The BCHD can run press conferences if it so chooses, they are a department under the aegis of the county and have a mission to inform. Were it a natural disaster, the Emergency Management division would be making public announcements.

"It would also help if the leadership actually gave some useful info to the masses and knock off the chicken little routine." ---- 2. Several folks here have adopted the flip side of the same coin and dooming and glooming by projecting their fears onto the officials as wanting to do this or that to shut down the cities even though businesses and other entities are slowly opening up.

3. Most of the population are observing the numbers, taking whatever precautions they feel comfortable with and moving on.

EdIt-spellchk
1. True statement, however, words mean things. The alt. health authority doesn't (shouldn't) "let" our elected officials answer/respond/speak. They also are not the de facto leaders in crisis. Just as the EM's are not. The EM folks inform policy, they make policy suggestions/recommendations. The "leaders" make policy. Ours chose.... poorly.

2. Not this guy. I just think they are not very good leaders in general and its taken a true (enormously overblown) "crisis" to let everyone see just how bad they really are. 2a. I would say the businesses are opening in spite of our leaders not because of them. I mean, seriously, are you going to base your patronage on whether or not a business has an "Operation Restart" sticker? Leadership baby! Campaign slogans and hit 'em in the feels.

3. My point exactly. Would be a lot easier if we had more information of value that contained sufficient detail to make those informed decisions.
Rapier108
At least we have TexAgs to supply some actual, usable information.
lockett93
AG
[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q/edit][/url]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q/edit

Today's results include:

3 African American
1 Caucasian
4 Hispanic
0 other

2 Male, 6 Female

we had:
1 in 80's
1 in 60's
1 in 50's
2 in 40's
1 in 30's
1 in 20's
1 in 15-19

2 in College Station zips
6 in Bryan zips

1 Community
7 Cluster
First Page Last Page
Page 22 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.