B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,786 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
nthomas99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aginlakeway said:

I am safe there Thursday afternoon and maybe Thursday night?

One meeting planned ... with social distancing of course ... needs to be done in person.
Yes. Look at the data: http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/4.13.20.pdf

For all the end of the world talk, since March 27, we've pretty steadily averaged 6.5 new confirmed cases a day. The big single day upticks are due to reporting lags. The deaths are tragically centered around an assisted living facility.
aggiedata
AG

cavscout96
AG
nthomas99 said:

Rapier108 said:

3 cases reported today, and 1 death, another woman in her 80s who was on hospice care.

Let's see if they tell us at today's press conference if any of the recent deaths were from The Waterford.

Who am I kidding, they won't give out any useful information.
Have you seen the video they put out today explaining that "we like to err on the side of caution" when disclosing this information? I'm sorry, I know they're trying to be provide some context as to why, but the production quality and the optics of a young lady in her twenties bearing the weight of hipaa vs community health during a pandemic (not to mention 1st amendment rights) strikes me as a little tone deaf.

This policy should be decided and addressed directly by the leaders in the press conference, not in a youtube video.
need to find some first....
aginlakeway
AG
aggiedata said:

The 12 deaths ... all nursing home or hospice?
histag10
AG
If someone is in hospice care, should their death really be attributed to COVID-19? Or just note that they had it at the time of their death?
Rapier108
aginlakeway said:

aggiedata said:

The 12 deaths ... all nursing home or hospice?
Four confirmed to have been at The Waterford, the other 8 we don't know since they are keeping that secret like it is the nuclear launch codes. 10 have been in their 80s or 90s, 2 in their 70s. At least 3 were in hospice care. There is a good chance that more than the known 4 are connected to The Waterford. Its likely a few aren't, probably spread to them by a family member.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
histag10 said:

If someone is in hospice care, should their death really be attributed to COVID-19? Or just note that they had it at the time of their death?
That's been a debate for a while.

The CDC has said to classify any death of a person who tests positive for the virus as being caused by it.

This includes at least one suicide by a guy who was asymptomatic.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aginlakeway
AG
Rapier108 said:

histag10 said:

The CDC has said to classify any death of a person who tests positive for the virus as being caused by it.

Do they test after death?
Rapier108
aginlakeway said:

Rapier108 said:

histag10 said:

Do they test after death?
If the person was sick and had all the symptoms, in most places, yes.

In the case of the guy who killed himself, he had been tested (don't remember why he was, probably direct contact with another case) and came back positive but had no symptoms.
Rapier108
Nothing new in the press conference beyond what we already know.

And the mayors are still obsessed with turning us into a cashless society.
isitjustme
AG
histag10 said:

Probably not, but they will be attributed to covid-19. I'm ok with calling all of these covid-related, because even if the person is on hospice care or otherwise terminal or very ill, covid may have complicated their condition even further and hastened their deaths by days or weeks, which is truly sad. But to declare that covid caused their deaths is likely incorrect. They likely won't be doing autopsies to confirm, and bulking up the covid numbers is to be expected.
oklaunion
I haven't been watching them all but, have they given the age breakdown every conference? I was somewhat surprised as many 20 year olds were infected as was reported. I believe the vast majority of those now infected are in that group.
cavscout96
AG
Rapier108 said:

Nothing new in the press conference beyond what we already know.

And the mayors are still obsessed with turning us into a cashless society.

"Legal tender for all debts, public or private "

I guess when you're the mayor, the authority is total.. or something like that....

Is the city going to pay to set up all these merchants on Apple or Google pay?

I mean, we cant expect actual academic instruction in CSISd because there are folks without access to the necessary tech. Have are those families every going to be able.to buy groceries again?

/Sarcasm
cavscout96
AG
Mooney continues to.be an abject leadership failure.
AggieBarstool
The only failure here is this community's piss-poor attitude toward doing their part to lessen the spread of infection during a worldwide pandemic/crisis.

Epidemiology is a science, not make-believe to scare the masses.
cavscout96
AG
So which science is right, the millions dead or the 60k dead?

Pretty big margin of error for "science."

What percentage of "this community's" available medical resources have been exhausted? What is our utilization of available beds?

Why can't we get useful information from our "leaders?"

Why is a Dr. running press briefings instead of the folks actually elected to lead the communities?

Plenty of fail to go around, but keep on "doing your part." Does that happen to include informing on your neighbors too?

Sorry that my freedom is getting in the way of your strict obedience to "orders."
CS78
cavscout96 said:

Hate to admit I voted for him the first time. He's a flake that seems more concerned with how he looks than our community. Hopefully some real leadership will rise to the top.
02skiag
AG
So far they won't tell us the ages of those hospitalized, only those that died. I'd bet the second a younger individual gets hospitalized they will report it.
Rapier108
Quote:

BRYAN, Tex. (KBTX)- The 13th death due to the COVID-19 virus has been reported by Brazos County health officials. The patient was a hospitalized male in his 60's. No additional details have been released at this time.

Six new cases were also reported bringing the total number of cases to 149. 103 of them are active cases with 33 individuals who have recovered from the respiratory illness.
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Brazos-County-health-officials-report-13th-death-6-additional-cases-569628561.html
02skiag
AG
We have the youngest death so far, a man in his 60s. The biggest thing to me that we are seeing is hospitalizations are staying pretty flat. We are back down to 8.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
CS78 said:

cavscout96 said:

Hate to admit I voted for him the first time. He's a flake that seems more concerned with how he looks than our community. Hopefully some real leadership will rise to the top.

Right now, I would vote for a block of wood over Mooney, as a block of wood still has some value to offer.
nthomas99
AG
02skiag said:

We have the youngest death so far, a man in his 60s. The biggest thing to me that we are seeing is hospitalizations are staying pretty flat. We are back down to 8.

Yep, hospitalizations is the key. Have they told us what the excess capacity we have for this right now is?

Also too, confirmed case growth has basically hovered a slope of 6-7 cases a day now for over a couple of weeks. I've been asking them on facebook for more detail about which model predicts an uptick of cases (and when). No definitive answers, but they did say the results of this paper is one of their multiple models they're considering internally.

https://sites.cns.utexas.edu/sites/default/files/cid/files/covid-19_analysis_for_22_texas_cities_033020.pdf?m=1585596798&fbclid=IwAR2jLhsuzrWv80jhQFBA1qz3g21sS_Z_Fdkm7KzdpAVt7D6FIhFtpisz69c

Besides social media, what are the other channels to request / press for more information to be released (I doubt continued TexAgs rants will avail much, though it did get me my Mad Taco chips back )?
nthomas99
AG
AggieBarstool said:

Epidemiology is a science, ...

Agreed, and this is a town full of scientists and other educated folks that can read graphs and trends, and even if not experts in epidemiology, can spot questionable use of statistics.

I ascribe no ill intent to the health department. However, just like any other scientist's experimental setup, sufficient information should be given to reproduce results and verify, especially when it's being used to prop up what many feel is fear-based infringements on 1st amendment rights.

Show me the data. Truth is, I'll probably choose to stay home. But me choosing to stay home is waaaaayyyy different than threatened by governmental force to do so.
gunan01
AG
Our CFR seems high. Much higher than the USA CFR and probably higher than any county in Texas (just a guess since I don't know where to access data for all counties).

I get a lot of it is the Waterford, but definitely gives me concern. I wish they'd give us more details on the deaths.
cavscout96
AG
At one media brief BSW rep stated that they were using less than 10% of capacity. Might have been CHI, but I think I recall it as BSW. The highest usage so far has been 14 and that was for a 24 hour period. Average, at a glance, seems to be around 8

The governor had us at leas than 1% statewide before the "essential personnel and industries only" EO.

Also saw a headline, haven't read the article yet, that some restart "could" come before 1 May.

The Brazos Kid
gunan01 said:

Our CFR seems high. Much higher than the USA CFR and probably higher than any county in Texas (just a guess since I don't know where to access data for all counties).

I get a lot of it is the Waterford, but definitely gives me concern. I wish they'd give us more details on the deaths.
The fact that there aren't more details is how they can keep the foot on the brake of our local economy.
aginlakeway
AG
TxFoundry said:

gunan01 said:

The fact that there aren't more details is how they can keep the foot on the brake of our local economy.
They want to do this?
Rapier108
aginlakeway said:

TxFoundry said:

gunan01 said:

They want to do this?
Since they refuse to come out say jack crap about anything, we can only infer based on what they have said and actions they've taken.

First off, they said they will not take economics into consideration at all when it comes to whatever orders and decrees they put out.

Second when they talk about going full lock down (right after the first death) and not dismissing Bill Oliver's "Wuhan Style Lock Down" question as absurd, we can figure they would have no problem doing either if they could get away with it.
cavscout96
AG
I'm not sure they WANT to kill the economy per se, but they are sure WILLING let it die if it assuages their irrational fear.

A bit of nuance.

Their scared. They'll do anything to make the bad man go away.

If they have to stifle the local economy, trample rights, turn their community into a police state, and throw in the towel on educating the youth to do it, that's OK in their estimation.
happyinBCS
You are spot on, they are not leaders my 13 year-old grandson could do better
Rexter
AggieBarstool said:

The only failure here is this community's piss-poor attitude toward doing their part to lessen the spread of infection during a worldwide pandemic/crisis.

Epidemiology is a science, not make-believe to scare the masses.

Karl, is that you? Karl....Karl?
Rapier108
2 cases announced today with no deaths.

8 still in the hospital and 38 now marked as recovered.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/2-new-cases-of-COVID-19-in-Brazos-County-38-recovered-569661511.html
PS3D
02skiag said:

Guy was a prisoner from Navasota. He was serving a life sentence for aggravated sexual assault of a child under 14.

A loss for statistics, I suppose, but not a loss for the community.
02skiag
AG
Are you sure that is accurate? I don't see any details like that for any deaths. Also, Navasota is in Grimes county, not Brazos.
Rapier108
Even if he died in Brazos County, he would not be classified as a Brazos County death.

There was a death at one of our hospitals who is not counted as the patient was from Washington County and he is included in that county's numbers.
First Page Last Page
Page 5 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.