Auto Tune Up

1,500 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ro828
Crusader
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any recommendations on a good auto repair that will do a tune-up on my vehicle without ripping me off?

I have a 5.4 Ford V8. Also, any guesstiimations as to how much I might expect to pay?

Thanks!
BCStalk
Go ahead and plan on $800+ for broken spark plugs. Unfortunately I ran into this issue with my previous truck. As for a shop, I always used The Bug Clinic or Pete's.
Rapier108
University Tire and Service
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TxSquarebody
Bring it out to Gordon's Garage. We'll treat you right. Have done work for a few TexAg'ers.
maddiedou
AG
BCStalk said:

Go ahead and plan on $800+ for broken spark plugs. Unfortunately I ran into this issue with my previous truck. As for a shop, I always used The Bug Clinic or Pete's.

He is right you know

But I am very pleased with gordons and it is gonna be expensive not because of gordons but because you cannot get those sparkplugs out. I just really like gordons
maddiedou
Donny Hall
Stratta Auto Repair is also great
txyaloo
AG
BCStalk said:

That depends on whether it's a 4v, 2v, or 3v. The 4v and 2v 5.4s didn't have the breaking plug issues
CaptTex
AG
Had a great experience with The Bug Clinic, quick service and hes at a discount compared to larger shops or some of the dealerships around here and he can pretty much work on anything.
ro828
We've had great experiences with B & B Auto on Coulter Drive in Bryan.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.