I just shopped at _____ and they had _______

17,786 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by txgardengirl
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's try to help each other out! If you just shopped at a store and there was plenty of a hard-to-find item, post it here. For example, we need paper towels and flour (so my bored kids can bake!) and I haven't found those in the last few days. I'm headed out on an epic shopping search today but it would be good for all of us to limit the number of excursions into the public for the next couple weeks.

Go!

summergal
Kroger at Boonville had a great selection of produce, eggs, and bread.
BCStalk
Sams had TP this morning but it was long gone by the time I checked out. Second day in a row from what I was told.
Tailgate88
AG
H-E-B Tower Point has plenty of bread, meat, chicken and milk. No paper products. Or flour or sugar or pasta...
Fleen
Bleach?
Justified
My wife went this morning. And the toilet paper was already gone. I wanna say it was close to eleven. We managed to get paper towels and some vegetables.
BCStalk
Also try Aldis. Wife found some around lunch time today. I'm sure they are sold out now but she said they had plenty at the time and not a lot of crazy people running to grab it.
BrandoC
AG
Any TP at Jones Crossing HEB today?
Stupe
S
3-21-2020
4:50 p.m.

H-E-B Tower Point was just restocking a LOT of eggs. Had milk, water, meat, cheese, lunch meat, bread, and orange juice.
Fleen
Fleen said:

Bleach?

A few bottles at HEB Tejas Center...
Tailgate88
AG
Fleen said:

Bleach?

Big end cap of gallon bleach at Tower Point when I was there.
Tailgate88
AG
BrandoC said:

Any TP at Jones Crossing HEB today?

I think if you want paper products you better be in line when they open. That is my plan for tomorrow
FlyRod
The farmers market this morning, good supply of meats and green veggies and eggs. Good social distancing practices, vendors wearing gloves, hand washing stations there.

Sadly have given up on Farm Patch; mobbed and that place is NOT designed for social distancing. Very sad to (hopefully temporarily) abandon one of my favorite places.
boredatwork08
AG
I'm looking for whole wheat and bread flour to continue my weekly sourdough bakes. Been to 5 stores in the last 2 days and no luck. Anyone seen some?
FlyRod
Try Village Foods or Brazos Natural Foods.
AggiePhil
AG
FlyRod said:

Try Village Foods

I thought they went OOB
dgonzo99
Try Aldi. They are out of some stuff, but not everything. They have a limit on milk, etc. As far as toilet paper, you may try Lowe's. When they have a big sale on paper goods, I usually stock up. Always save bundles of money.
dgonzo99
AggiePhil said:

FlyRod said:

Try Village Foods

I thought they went OOB
Nope, Fly Rod is right. They never went out of business. Just moved to a smaller store close to the Hospital. The business is doing great. They leased the old store to Aldi and the jumping place. Brilliant business move.
BCStalk
HEB on Villa Maria has TP

And Walgreens by Bryan High
Justified
Sam's has a long line, and only letting 10-15 people in the store at a time. I hope this helps?
cz308
Justified said:

Sam's has a long line, and only letting 10-15 people in the store at a time. I hope this helps?
That was just so they could get carts ready around the corner with wipes on them. They were not limiting customers in vs out. No TP, but there were a few paper towels for those early shoppers standing in line. Plenty of water, limit 1 per membership.
TaterTot_09
Jones crossing heb had meat but no tp at 1:00pm
BCSWguru
Kroger in Bryan had pretty much everything except paper products.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
At Tower Point HEB right now and the meat section is basically fully stocked. Some bread. Limited cans of veggies. Lots of milk and eggs.

Zero rice and beans, pasta or sauce.
nthomas99
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

At Tower Point HEB right now and the meat section is basically fully stocked. Some bread. Limited cans of veggies.

produce was full when I was by there around 1pm as well. I

I think they either need to start selling toilet paper by the sheet or maybe "refurbished" to meet the demand.
Tailgate88
AG
nthomas99 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

At Tower Point HEB right now and the meat section is basically fully stocked. Some bread. Limited cans of veggies.

produce was full when I was by there around 1pm as well. I

I think they either need to start selling toilet paper by the sheet or maybe "refurbished" to meet the demand.

Maybe not.
EMY92
AG
The Eagle's circulation would skyrocket if they would trim the sheet wide down to 4 inches.
SECeded
(Removed:11023A)
AG
EMY92 said:

The Eagle's circulation would skyrocket if they would trim the sheet wide down to 4 inches.
atm86
AG
andyv94 said:

EMY92 said:

And forego the ink.
MiMi
S
I was at the Towerpoint HEB at opening this morning. Got there at 7:30 am and there were about 20 people in front of me in line. There was a second line forming at the other entrance. At 8 am, they let the first 50 people inside. Most of us headed to the paper goods aisle - they had some TP but no paper towels. Limit was 1 per customer. The store was reasonably stocked - but still limited amounts in the pasta and canned goods aisles and very limited options for laundry detergent.
jrhmc
AG
I shopped at Blue Baker yesterday and they have milk, eggs, butter, sugar, and flour along with their other menu items. Super easy to order online and pay with a card and then just pick up at the window.
bushytailed
AG
T&P for those trying to find basic liquid hand soap, meaning the non antibac. I finally found some at a Walgreens.
jrhmc
AG
bushytailed said:

T&P for those trying to find basic liquid hand soap, meaning the non antibac. I finally found some at a Walgreens.
Wouldn't you be able to use dishwashing liquid? That's what we do.
Bucketrunner
Gonna need more beer to handle this. Is there a drive through possibility here?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.