Why the elderly are still going out . . .

6,675 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cavscout96
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
woodiewood1 said:

Rex Racer said:

woodiewood1 said:

What's amazing to me is that we have A&M dorms full. I would think that having 500 persons per dorm with nowhere to go there will be a tremendous amount of contact going on. Most all came from Houston, Austin, DFW, etc. were there are virus cases. I would not be surprised if we see some cases in the dorms.

We're only seeing about 5,000 WiFi connections from the dorms. So probably about 1/4 of the on campus population is there. If anyone works in ResLife and has a more exact figure, please chime in.
When I drove around the front of campus cars were parked all along the street with others lined up to get in the parking garage. Many students were walking back and forth from the cars on the curb.
Wow. I wonder what they're doing. There is no class today.
FearNoWeevil
AG
I worked on campus today. Seemed a lot of students were moving their things out of their dorms.
BCSWguru
Not sure of the directive, if any, at A&M, I do know UT students were told to move out of their dorm.
bushytailed
AG
LSCSN said:

Not sure of the directive, if any, at A&M, I do know UT students were told to move out of their dorm.

Letter from the Chancellor dated 3-18 made it clear that students aren't being required to leave campus at this time.
musicforall
Mom friends report their kids are going to campus to get class stuff and personal items out of the dorm. Makes sense. My kid has a project in a lab, has decided to just abandon it and drop the class.
gettingitdone
Is your student at TAMU? They are offering an alternative grading system for this semester.
CT'97
AG
PS3D said:

95_Aggie said:

well some folks have been pushing this as a hoax for a while now. Not surprised people still aren't convinced of the risk.
The "risk" for COVID really isn't much worse than SARS was in terms of contagion and mortality rate, and even during particularly bad flu seasons did the media hype up closing every school and restaurant, and stripping stores bare of essentials.

It's almost as if the media would like to cut consumer spending and create a recession just in time for the election season...nah, that couldn't be it, clearly we MUST horde toilet paper.
This is a false statement and comments like this are what is leading to our parents not believing this is a threat. SARS was not nearly as easily transmitted as COVID-19. SARS only had a very limited spread and while the mortality rate was higher among those infected COVID-19 has already killed more people than SARS did in it's entire run.
talich
PS3D said:

95_Aggie said:

well some folks have been pushing this as a hoax for a while now. Not surprised people still aren't convinced of the risk.
The "risk" for COVID really isn't much worse than SARS was in terms of contagion and mortality rate, and even during particularly bad flu seasons did the media hype up closing every school and restaurant, and stripping stores bare of essentials.

It's almost as if the media would like to cut consumer spending and create a recession just in time for the election season...nah, that couldn't be it, clearly we MUST horde toilet paper.
mortality rate of SARS is 15%. If COVID is even on that level the country is already exploded by now.
cavscout96
AG
CT'97 said:

PS3D said:

95_Aggie said:

This is a false statement and comments like this are what is leading to our parents not believing this is a threat. SARS was not nearly as easily transmitted as COVID-19. SARS only had a very limited spread and while the mortality rate was higher among those infected COVID-19 has already killed more people than SARS did in it's entire run.
Or... our parents aren't a bunch of nattering nabobs of negativism and are old enough to make their own life decisions.....
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.