Home security system

2,699 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by chrisfield
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know many of you don't use them and I haven't in my home in College Station but moving a little further out in Bryan would feel a little safer just having something on the house.

I'm thinking something more like the Ring style ones that you put on yourself and then I guess sign up for monitoring app.

Does anybody have any suggestions on actual brands? I kind of did a little online looking and there's so many that looks so similar and of course some have better reviews than others but just wondering if anybody has any personal experience with this type.

TIA
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
IMO you are talking about two different things, and I have both

1. Cameras to watch/record what's going on inside and outside my house. I guess I'd throw in the door camera/speaker with the other cameras because it requires someone to instigate the "conversation". I have Arlo from Best Buy/Amazon and they are easy to work with.

2. Alarm that is working in the background to automatically warn you in the event of fire, smoke, door/window opening etc.
I used Brent Harriman TRIAD Home and Security and IMO he's great. Very knowledgeable and trustworthy

It's all about how much you want/need
Call ASC - David & Nick have all kinds of options and can get you set up in the new home

Locally owned!
annie88
AG
Thanks guys. Probably nothing too invasive just have to decide what I want. Years ago in an apartment in Houston there was one The older style and I would turn it on at night sometimes but haven't had a lot experience with these. Appreciate the advice.
TransplantedRedRaider
We've been happy with SimpliSafe. Easy to install yourself. Monitoring, including the mobile phone app is half of what some other companies charge.
dubi
AG
TransplantedRedRaider said:

We've been happy with SimpliSafe. Easy to install yourself. Monitoring, including the mobile phone app is half of what some other companies charge.
+1
lockett93
AG
I like my Ring Alarm. It has a $199 retrofit kit if your home has existing door and window sensors from another alarm. $100/year for monitoring to call police/fire, or free for just phone App notifications.
CrackerJackAg
AG
lawless89
2nd on Advanced Security Concepts out of College Station. They are also sponsors of Texags.
annie88
AG
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Stupe
S
Tried to find your website, but all that I kept coming up with was Marine Corps stuff.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
David with ASC did our house (and most of our neighbors). Very happy with him and his service.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.