Restaurants, Stores, & other BCS businesses affected by COVID-19

10,641 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggiePhil
bushytailed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread of local restaurants, stores, and other businesses that are changing their hours/plans or are (temporarily) having to close due to COVID-19. I don't want to take up the Coming & Going thread. This doesn't include schools. I thought this would be good for those of us that don't follow every business's social media accounts.

• Mad Taco closed early yesterday and is closed today. Their FB post from yesterday indicated they should reopen tomorrow, 3/17. Menu options for food and the bar drinks may be limited.

• Carneys, Corner Bar, and Kyle House is closing at 8pm today and will reopen some time later this week. Carney's St. Paddy's festivities are being postponed. (per FB)

• Jesse's is offering curbside service starting tomorrow (3/17) per FB.

• Starbucks has moved to a "to-go" model, meaning they aren't allowing people to hang out in their stores.

I'm sure there are or will be more. In the meantime, let's continue to support our BCS businesses.
TexAg1987
Taco bell at tower point was drive thru only.
LOYAL AG
AG
CFA at Jones Crossing was drive thru only Saturday. Then they were closed Sunday.
OnlyANobody
I see what you did there.
OnlyANobody
Per Facebook post:

Amico Nave
Tue - Sat 5-9
Sun & Mon: Closed

3rd on Main
Mon - Closed
Tue - Fri 10a - 2p
Sat - Sun 9a - 2p

Shipwreck
Business As Usual
Broncos
Golds Gym closed through March.
mgreen
Cafe Eccel is temporarily closed.
toolshed
AG
I would encourage people to support their local businesses either by eating there, ordering takeout or gift cards. Many businesses are changing practices to throw away utensils, single use containers for sauces and such, employees handling customer's cups and such less, etc. to help assure their customers, keeps doors open and keep employees paid.

Be mindful and careful, wash frequently, use hand sanitizer, keep others at a distance is possible, and just use good sense.

Until we have locally reported cases, I believe we can continue to go out and support our local businesses that help drive our economy, provide paychecks, give to local charities, and make our community the place we enjoy!
The Brazos Kid
Staff can pull this down if considered advertising...

We are offering free video for local small businesses. You can come to our studio in downtown Bryan and we can shoot you talking about your local business and what your situation currently is. Talk directly to your clients/customers.

We are only doing this thru this Friday and accepting people thru this link:
http://samuelscalendar.phonesites.com

ETA: we've built a location online where business owners can add their name, contact info and status for people to see: http://bcsupdate.com

Thank you and Gig 'em!
We have to presume that we have covid-19 in the area. It is simply a matter of time before they start testing enough people to find it. But mark my words, it is already here. And if we all do our part and stay home, then perhaps we can slow the spread enough that fewer people will die from it.
FlyRod
Yep. We need to flatten the curve now. And when this passes, we need to make an extreme effort to get our struggling businesses (read friends and family) back on their feet.
texasaggie04
AG
New republic taproom is closed but you can buy growlers and cans to-go.
Brandamne
Star Cinema closed
TXCityGirl
I'm very concerned about family-owned businesses like the Dixie Chicken and Texas Aggieland Bookstore - really all of the small shops in Northgate. Few students in town crushes their business, along with so many others. Sad about all the families impacted/laid off/losing money.
ShinerBlonde
AG
Chicken oil just announced they are moving to take out only with their full menu starting today.

Donny Hall
Texomatic said:

Staff can pull this down if considered advertising...

We are offering free video for local small businesses. You can come to our studio in downtown Bryan and we can shoot you talking about your local business and what your situation currently is. Talk directly to your clients/customers.

We are only doing this thru this Friday and accepting people thru this link:
http://samuelscalendar.phonesites.com

Thank you and Gig 'em!
you're good. thanks for helping the community
Captn_Ag05
AG
Order to go from local restaurants and share where you ordered from. We need to help them through this so we don't lose great businesses and have a lot of empty store fronts.
Fleen
While Cafe Eccell is temporarily shutting down, Burger Mojo is still rolling.

BCSWguru
dining room as well? Im looking for lunch places.
rc_cat
Fleen said:

While Cafe Eccell is temporarily shutting down, Burger Mojo is still rolling.

Just drove through for an early lunch!
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I'm dining in at Fuegos. Im literally the only person inside. They have a guy wiping the handle of the door every time someone walks inside.
DBA
You can find the latest information on Downtown Bryan businesses here. We are updating frequently as we get information from our downtown merchants. Thanks for continuing to support our locally-owned businesses!
Broncos
Proudest Monkey is open. Grabbed food to go today and there were a handful of people eating at tables.
TexAg1987
Whataburger about to close dining rooms
AggieBaseball06
AG
TexAg1987 said:

Whataburger about to close dining rooms

I couldn't tell you the last time I ate IN a Whataburger...
redd38
AG
Layne's is drive thru only
Tom in College Station
Domino's Pizza has closed the dine-in areas at the locations that have them. Delivery and carryout are up and running.
bushytailed
AG
From The Corner Bar's FB:

Quote:

As most of you know we have closed our businesses temporarily yesterday do to Covid-19 virus. We still have a good amount of food and we are not planning on going to "to go" only at this time. We are going to cook up the remainder of our food and pass it out to all our service industry friends for free. We are going to do this Wednesday March 18 starting at 4pm until we run out. The next month is going to be very hard on us and all the bartenders and servers. I have a couple of ideas to help the service industry staff during this difficult time, but I thought this would be a good start.

Barry Ivins
annie88
AG
Tom in College Station said:

Domino's Pizza has closed the dine-in areas at the locations that have them. Delivery and carryout are up and running.

I truly wasn't aware that Domino's had a dine-in option.
annie88
AG
1.618 said:

We have to presume that we have covid-19 in the area. It is simply a matter of time before they start testing enough people to find it. But mark my words, it is already here. And if we all do our part and stay home, then perhaps we can slow the spread enough that fewer people will die from it.

One girl has tested positive she had just traveled from Spain fairly recently and had been exposed to very few people when she returned. All are self isolating so hopefully there won't be too many more cases. We shall see.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Mo's Irish Pub is open and having a St. Pat's party with green beer and beads and the whole nine. Probably 100-125 people in there at 3 pm today when I was just up there.
TexAg1987
Subway had a sign up that encouraged everyone to pay with credit so they wouldn't have to handle cash. I turned around and didn't check to see if they were enforcing the no cash policy or just recommending it.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Cinemark is closing on Wednesday with no set re-open date.

Last chance to see a movie is tonight.
jimmyb
Here's an idea BCS- for the businesses you elect to use takeout for, make a donation for the staff that wont be in providing table service. $$$

pay it forward BCS
scd88
AG
Go buy gift cards!

Plus, if you are a business owner, you can creatively write off the purchase...

Blu Baker has Baker Bonds for sale.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.