Restaurants, Stores, & other BCS businesses affected by COVID-19

10,642 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggiePhil
ShinerBlonde
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Village Cafe is offering take and bake options on their website. Lasagna, quiche, cinnamon rolls, etc with a changing menu.
91_Aggie
AG
Just got email that every Cinemark is closing.
TexAg1987
Side note- drive thrus seem to be operating much more efficiently.
cz308
Planet Fitness closed with no mention of a reopen date that I've seen.
Edit: Closed through March 31st.
Jinx
TruFit as well. Email recieved this morning.
tb9665
Where is a place that I can get an oil change where I can just pull up and sit in my car without anyone else in it? I could do it myself but want to support a local business.

Thanks
aggiepaintrain
AG
Take 5 SW PKWY
you never get out
FJB
KidDoc
AG
annie88 said:

1.618 said:

We have to presume that we have covid-19 in the area. It is simply a matter of time before they start testing enough people to find it. But mark my words, it is already here. And if we all do our part and stay home, then perhaps we can slow the spread enough that fewer people will die from it.

One girl has tested positive she had just traveled from Spain fairly recently and had been exposed to very few people when she returned. All are self isolating so hopefully there won't be too many more cases. We shall see.
The problem is we cannot test. We cannot test unless the patient has a confirmed contact or travel to specific countries. If the case is severe and requires hospitalization we can test so we know how to cluster patients.

We have cases, we cannot test adequately. Act appropriately and assume it is widespread.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
michellecan
Jesse's just announced they will start closing at 1:00
MsC2012
AG
anyone know if liquor stores will close? no judgement lol
75AG
AG
MsC2012 said:

If they do, there will be riots in the streets!
jimmyb
MsC2012 said:

Dont even joke about such a thing man..

Bhanhammer
cajunken
Classic Cuts is closed as of noon today, per their facebook page.

MrsGDub04
AG
Anybody know about Mad Taco? I tried to call an order in for lunch today and can't get anyone to pick up. Looks like their online ordering isn't working as well. Thanks!
Broncos
MrsGDub04 said:

Anybody know about Mad Taco? I tried to call an order in for lunch today and can't get anyone to pick up. Looks like their online ordering isn't working as well. Thanks!
Posted on Facebook that they'd be closed today (Thursday) to come up with their plan.
threecatcorner
Twin has adjusted their hours (11 a.m. to 8 p.m. now) and there are signs on the doors saying stuff like: shop in groups of 2 or less, stay away from people (think it said 6 feet), and that they'll be constantly sanitizing.
Costa and Andreas
MrsGDub04 said:

Peter is my good friend and brother in law. He and I just talked today. He's got plans. I'll screen shot this to him....
Costa/Burger Mojo
RxPizza
AG
My name is Jake Mitchell, I am the owner at Rx Pizza. Just looking for the best place to get our information out to everyone.

Starting Friday March 20th, both Rx Pizza locations will be open from 4pm-10pm daily for take-out and delivery.

We have brought our delivery service in house,, hoping to support as much of our staff as possible.

We have an updated menu available at www.RxPizza.com that has new family style options including large format pastas and salads on top of our regular pizzas!

Also under the new rules, we will be delivering bottles of wine and 6 packs of beer.

We hope we will be able to serve you some great food during this tough time.
Lorne Malvo
AG
Need some non-essential items:

Just started a new job and need some business casual clothes. Is there a local business that I can buy online clothes from and have them deliver it via mail?
LOYAL AG
AG
Proudest Monkey and All The King's Men in downtown are doing curbside and delivery. Delivery via favor or Aggiefoods.com. Numbers are

Proudest Monkey (979) 361-4777
All The King's Men (979) 704-6171
Tailgate88
AG
RxPizza said:

My name is Jake Mitchell, I am the owner at Rx Pizza. Just looking for the best place to get our information out to everyone.

Starting Friday March 20th, both Rx Pizza locations will be open from 4pm-10pm daily for take-out and delivery.

We have brought our delivery service in house,, hoping to support as much of our staff as possible.

We have an updated menu available at www.RxPizza.com that has new family style options including large format pastas and salads on top of our regular pizzas!

Also under the new rules, we will be delivering bottles of wine and 6 packs of beer.

We tried to order from you last night from the Caprock store. Called a dozen times or so and Phone rang and then went to fast busy. I sincerely hope it was because you were slammed. We will try again soon and buy a gift card while we're at it.
bushytailed
AG
Tailgate88 said:

RxPizza said:

We tried to order from you last night from the Caprock store. Called a dozen times or so and Phone rang and then went to fast busy. I sincerely hope it was because you were slammed. We will try again soon and buy a gift card while we're at it.

I had several friends order from that location. One told me the line was 12 cars deep.
Darth Randy
Ordered from the CS RX tonight. Pizza and pasta, and a gallon of beer. Almost all gone as of this post. To the poster talking about the line being busy, I had the same problem, just kept calling. Thanks RX!
AggiePhil
AG
Ordered from Casa Do Brazil tonight. Very friendly and tasty but took forever. Order way in advance.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.