HEB/Walmart/Etc. updates

21,670 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BCStalk
merc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought I would start a thread for the conditions of local stores. I went to the HEB on villa maria around 11 a.m. and it was crowded but not "panic" rushed. A lot of bare shelves but it looked like they were restocking as fast as they could. Any information would be appreciated. I've heard rumors of long lines at Wal-Marts and what not.
drivinwest
AG
Just got back from the Texas Avenue H-E-B. Pretty much the same as you reported. Crowded but not crazy. Plenty of food available including frozen. Of course no TP and pretty much out of paper towels and Kleenexes as well.
HortAg09
AG
Villa Maria Walmart looked totally normal this morning when we went by there. I didn't notice anything in short supply.
Rearview
AG
Kroger on Rock Prairie is very busy. No TP, almost no rice, sugar or flour. Egg supply was low. Most other things seemed ok
Slagathor
AG
Noticed that they were very low on meat as well - didn't spot any ground beef at all and slim pickings for the rest of it
Jetty
AG
H-E-B tower point was NUTS this morning!! No TP or paper towels, no potatoes, very few jars of peanut butter, tuna, beans, rice and frozen veggies. Every checker was open and the lines were 4 or 5 deep at every register.
cz308
You people are hilarious.
ontheedge
Sam's Club parking lot was packed earlier today, really?
Sub4
AG
I went to HEB on Hwy21/Texas Yesterday. Packed at 4pm. Cleaning supplies and toilet paper out, but regular amounts of every else still there.
rsa
AG
Home Depot had a decent supply of paper towels and toilet paper earlier. A couple of friends report available paper goods at the dollar stores they visited.
jac4
AG
Does anyone know why there is a run on toilet paper? It makes no sense to me.

I think it has now become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Rex Racer
AG
jac4 said:

Does anyone know why there is a run on toilet paper? It makes no sense to me.

I think it has now become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

People are anticipating mandatory quarantine in their homes. It won't come to that. But there's no reasoning with people.

And I think you are right. There's no TP on the shelves, so people think they HAVE to get some.
Aggie
AG
cz308 said:

You people are hilarious.

You misspelled stupid
drivinwest
AG
For going to the grocery store? Or for posting updates to those who may need to go?
BCStalk
Wife is there now getting food for the week like we normally do. Said people are going crazy and buying everything. Also said people are walking around with face masks. People really are this ignorant. There is no food or toilet paper shortage. Guess we are eating out this week.
techno-ag
AG
BCStalk said:

Wife is there now getting food for the week like we normally do. Said people are going crazy and buying everything. Also said people are walking around with face masks. People really are this ignorant. There is no food or toilet paper shortage. Guess we are eating out this week.
Let's hope the restaurants stay open.
AgTrip
45 min wait for walk ons tonight...haha
Nutmegger
AG
My husband just left Kroger on Boonville and the cashier mentioned they might close down temporarily since they are running so low on stock of everything.
BCStalk
Then it's off to the lease and I'll get a couple of pigs.
curry97
AG
Not worth the wait.
Aggie
AG
drivinwest said:

For going to the grocery store? Or for posting updates to those who may need to go?

No it's for the people going to the store and buying everything in sight and way too much.
We went to the store this evening to grab groceries as we do at some point every weekend.
People in there acting like the world is about to end.
Buying anything and everything in sight.
Absolutely ridiculous
drivinwest
AG
Gotcha. It is pretty crazy. I don't understand the stocking up on TP thing. Seems like food would be a higher priority. Strange days.
BCSWguru
Are any HEB stores open 24 hours?
saltydog13
AG
We really are living in idiocracy
AggiePhil
AG
People were running around at H-E-B today trying to beat people to the items.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Scariest thing to me, is that all those whackos get to VOTE. They get to ********* VOTE!!!!!
Stopped at Buc'ees tonight in Waller on the way home from the airport. Bought a gallon of milk there after hearing all the local grocery stores were out of everything. Manger told the cashier when we were checking out to only allow 1 gallon of milk and 1 carton of eggs to be purchased.
Buford T. Justice
AG
The HEB in Rockport is out of chicken, toilet paper, and Marlboro Reds.
momlaw
AG
and reproduce
momlaw
maddiedou
AG
Tower point last night been gone for a week and thought we would get some atuff

95 percent of all fresh vegetables gone
And all the items already posted

BUT. Why distilled water?
I need it for coffee maker and humidor
maddiedou
ontheedge
Went to Briarcrest Walmart about 6:30 on my way somewhere else. I determined people would rather use the bathroom than eat.
woodiewood1
It's largely a result of about thirty years of the extreme lack of teaching critical thinking skills in schools and in colleges.

Overall, society knows all the facts, but can't think.

tdm89
Whoever manages the Kroger on Rock Prairie deserves some major kudos. I was there late yesterday afternoon and got everything we needed, which was just normal stuff for the next week or so of meals. Yes, the TP aisle was completely cleaned out but we bought plenty of that 3 weeks ago at Sams.

Their stockers were working as quickly as they could to restock. I think one of the managers was also stocking shelves which shows true leadership. Several checkout lines open with the checkers working at a noticeable increased pace. Overall, I was really impressed with how the whole store was working together in the face of craziness.

And I didn't witness any really crazy behavior by the customers. Everyone was cordial and patient to each other even though the store was very busy.
D_Wag97
AG
Tower Point HEB is restocking a lot of stuff this morning that wasn't there yesterday. Was able to get some milk and chicken- both were out yesterday.
merc
AG
woodiewood1 said:

It's largely a result of about thirty years of the extreme lack of teaching critical thinking skills in schools and in colleges.

Overall, society knows all the facts, but can't think.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.