HEB/Walmart/Etc. updates

21,673 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BCStalk
BCStalk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unfortunately this. Had to stop by Walmart earlier for some work supplies and everyone looked exhausted. Everyone had full baskets of things you could tell they didn't really need. These hoarders are draining not only our supplies, but the workers as well. I understand having a 2 week supply of food, but months is unnecessary and stupid.
rodan85
AG
FlyRod
If you can ease up on panic buying (and I get the impulse trust me) and encourage others to do so, please do. These store employees, like health workers, can do their jobs for us if we don't overwhelm them.
jac4
AG
Just got back from Tower point HEB. Toilet paper/paper towel aisle was completely empty. My kids talked to an employee who said they are getting shipments to restock, but are cleaned out in 30 mintues of arrival.
annie88
AG
BCStalk said:

Unfortunately this. Had to stop by Walmart earlier for some work supplies and everyone looked exhausted. Everyone had full baskets of things you could tell they didn't really need. These hoarders are draining not only our supplies, but the workers as well. I understand having a 2 week supply of food, but months is unnecessary and stupid.
Twice last week I had stopped by H-E-B once right before this got real crazy and two days later for a few extra things, no not all the hoarding items. And both times the cashiers just looked exhausted. I asked them how they were doing how have things been in one told me she had been cussed out for telling people they had limits on water and such and the other said she almost quit because people were so awful.

The first one was on Wednesday so it hadn't gotten totally crazy yet the other one was Friday. I just told both of them that I appreciated their hard work and I'm sorry that people can be so horrible and keep their chin up. Really made me angry that people treat these for cashiers so badly when they can't manage their own stress.

It's not the cashiers fault, they're all trying to work hard don't be a dick.
annie88
AG
jac4 said:

Just got back from Tower point HEB. Toilet paper/paper towel aisle was completely empty. My kids talked to an employee who said they are getting shipments to restock, but are cleaned out in 30 mintues of arrival.
Yes, they are constantly restocking but some items just go immediately. But the point is they are being restocked nightly. But this does need to slow down, people don't need as much stuff as they think they do.

But both of the times I went there was plenty of stuff to be had you just won't be able to get every single thing you want.

Right now people in America for the most part are very spoiled and can't understand that sometimes you just have to go without or maybe get another brand of pasta salad for God sake's. There is no shortage of food there's plenty there to be had you just may not be able to get your favorite pizza rolls.
MTTANK
AG
Went to the Jones Crossing HEB on the way home from work. We shop once or twice a week, so we are running out of stuff at the house. Meat section was decimated! Paper aisle, bleach, cleaners, etc were all empty. Was able to get some milk and other things we needed though. I think its really helping that they are putting limits on certain items to keep people from wiping things out.
GIG 'EM
trackaggie76
AG
Please millennials lead the way right now. Baby boomers and their parents shouldn't be out spending hours looking for paper products, cleaner and hand sanitizer. Help figure out a way to get us those essential without exposing ourselves.
Builder93
AG
I thought it was funny that at HEB there was plenty of healthy food, but all of the processed crap was cleaned out.

"No Corn Pops!?. Well, it's either starve or eat granola. I'm gonna miss you kids."
Broncos
Builder93 said:

I thought it was funny that at HEB there was plenty of healthy food, but all of the processed crap was cleaned out.

"No Corn Pops!?. Well, it's either starve or eat granola. I'm gonna miss you kids."
Shhh... keep the good stuff safe for those of us that regularly eat the healthy food.
merc
AG
Villa Maria HEB at lunch looking fairly sparse in a lot of areas including produce and canned goods. Time to get creative and support any local restaurants with take out.
Builder93
AG
My wife and I were thinking the same thing.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Well it's not the class valedictorians that are doing all the hoarding.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Just heard from one of our retail friends in KC, Mo

No runs on stores
No shortages
Normal volume of shoppers

Seems like this is an east coast and south USA thing. Haven't heard from the left coast and don't have contacts there
Perfect example of someone posting information on the internet that is erroneous. If you have no source you can trust do not post made up information.

It took me less than a minute to expose your false story....

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article241136561.html
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
bushytailed
AG
Builder93 said:

I thought it was funny that at HEB there was plenty of healthy food, but all of the processed crap was cleaned out. "

I needed kettle corn, Doritos, and bean dip.
Sorry, not sorry.

(also bought produce and frozen veggies)
Builder93
AG
bushytailed said:

Builder93 said:

I thought it was funny that at HEB there was plenty of healthy food, but all of the processed crap was cleaned out. "

I needed kettle corn, Doritos, and bean dip.
Sorry, not sorry.

(also bought produce and frozen veggies)
I confess that I got some Kettle Chips among my healthy stuff. I'm not getting all fanatical about it.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
Where the hell are the major of the two cities telling people to stop acting like idiots and stop hoarding items that do not need to be hoarded?!
merc
AG
They are probably busy hoarding perishable goods with all the others only to have to come back and hoard some more the next week.
doubledog
merc said:

They are probably busy hoarding perishable goods with all the others only to have to come back and hoard some more the next week.

GSS
91_Aggie
AG
doubledog said:

merc said:

I don't think that word means what you think it means
BrandoC
AG
Does anyone know if Jones Crossing HEB will stock back up with toilet paper tomorrow? Didn't go get any when everyone went crazy people buying and now need it.
AggieAces06
AG
BrandoC said:

Does anyone know if Jones Crossing HEB will stock back up with toilet paper tomorrow? Didn't go get any when everyone went crazy people buying and now need it.
Towerpoint HEB has been out by 8:00 the last 2 mornings. If you can't make it early, try looking at other stores for Tissues. (drugstores, dollar stores) Tissues can be a good substitute, especially when you are out of options.
cavscout96
AG
just don't put it in the toilet. throw it in a trashcan
BCStalk
Buy a bidet.
EMY92
AG
BrandoC said:

The trucks arrive throughout the day. Just because there is none in stock at 8 am, doesn't mean that there will be none in the afternoon.

My sister called me from HEB the other day (Waco area), it was 3 pm, she said there was toilet paper and a sheriff's deputy was handing it out.

I also know that I looked for milk when Walmart first opened, her son bought some that afternoon at the same store.
Rapier108
The HEB on Texas at Holleman is still open 24 hours. It was pretty picked over on a lot of things this morning. They're doing their best to keep it stocked, but it is busy (compared to normal) even in the middle of the night.

They did have toilet paper, but an employee was handing it out because everyone went rushing for it as soon as the pallet came out.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
saltydog13
AG
Why the hell are people still hoarding things?
rsa
AG
saltydog13 said:

Many out of concern for what lies ahead, and I can understand that.

Some are still hoarding because they are selfish effs.
Rapier108
saltydog13 said:

Because panic begets more panic.

Millions of people are getting the hoax text message that says "I heard from a friend who's wife's brother works for the Pentagon/DOD/CDC/DHS/FBI/etc. and Trump is going to shut down the entire country for 30 days and no one will be allowed to leave their homes."

Then of course you have tens of millions more reading social media and forums like this one where countless people are making it their life's mission to incite as much panic as possible. If you read posts by certain people here you would think that billions are going to die worldwide and we're heading for Mad Max or The Walking Dead.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
cavscout96
AG
Rapier108 said:

saltydog13 said:

Because panic begets more panic.

Millions of people are getting the hoax text message that says "I heard from a friend who's wife's brother works for the Pentagon/DOD/CDC/DHS/FBI/etc. and Trump is going to shut down the entire country for 30 days and no one will be allowed to leave their homes."

Then of course you have tens of millions more reading social media and forums like this one where countless people are making it their life's mission to incite as much panic as possible. If you read posts by certain people here you would think that billions are going to die worldwide and we're heading for Mad Max or The Walking Dead.
we're... DOOOOOOMED!
Rapier108
HEB at Villa Maria and Texas was crowded at lunch time, but better stocked than the one at Holleman.

All of the usual stuff was sold out (paper products, liquid soap/hand sanitizer) along with laundry detergent being nearly wiped out, but they did have stock on most other things, albeit with purchase limits on many items. Oh, and butter was sold out, kind of struck me as odd.
BCStalk

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.