HEB/Walmart/Etc. updates

21,798 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BCStalk
Jinx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From what I was told, the warehouses in Houston and San Marcos are running low (HEB) so the overnight trucks are coming in lighter and lighter.
Rapier108

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Jinx
I suppose I should have said they just need a little bit to replenish their warehouses. Looks like theyre doing just that!
FlyRod
Farm Patch has a lot of eggs, and please for the love of God don't clean the place out...take what you need.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Just heard from one of our retail friends in KC, Mo

No runs on stores
No shortages
Normal volume of shoppers

Seems like this is an east coast and south USA thing. Haven't heard from the left coast and don't have contacts there
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Just heard from one of our retail friends in KC, Mo

No runs on stores
No shortages
Normal volume of shoppers

Seems like this is an east coast and south USA thing. Haven't heard from the left coast and don't have contacts there
I'm in the Midwest. Grocery store was out of TP, paper towels, bread, pasta, pasta sauce, ramen, and a few other things. Canned goods were ok but about 60% of shelf volume. Fruit was ok except bananas are being put out on shelf before the ethylene ripening is complete. It's like this in all stores in town. Already stocked up on most these things 3 weeks ago. Volume of shoppers has been up for about 4 days.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Well then, so much for the heartland

AG
Bryan Wal-Mart earlier today. Gaps in some areas, no name brand TP, all cheap paper towels and most paper plates and such all gone. Other than that not bad. Not crazy with people, & easy checkout.
turfman80
AG
Bryan Kroger this morning: normal Saturday morning crowd, produce section normal, milk and eggs available, fully stocked meats. Of course the paper aisle was wiped out and the dry good aisles were somewhat sparse, but overall much better than I expected.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Rapier108

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
AgFlyGuy
AG
Don't forget that hardware stores carry a lot of the cleaners. I was in Ace Hardware yesterday and they had some paper goods, plenty of bleach and household cleaners. Not sure about Lowe's/Home Depot but worth a look if the normal stores are out
bryanhome
Check out Criswell'S in Bryan for cleaning supplies. They also sell paper products.
BCStalk
Sams had pallets of paper towels. I left with chocolate covered almonds and peanut butter stuffed pretzels for my hoarding purposes.
doubledog
This is going to far. No milk at Kroger's on Rock Prairie.

You cannot hoard milk, it will sour in two weeks (or so).

Perhaps our Mayors should make a public announcement to assure their constituents, that the end times have not come.
oklaunion
doubledog said:

Perhaps our Mayors should make a public announcement to assure their constituents, that the end times have not come.
Please don't encourage Moonbeam.
AgsWin2011
AG
Went to Walmart on 2818 this morning around 10:30. They had plenty of food and some toilet paper and paper towels.

It wasn't too busy at all. One lady had at least 15 gallons of milk in her cart. Don't know what you do with that much milk. It's going to spoil before she gets 4-5 gallons through it unless she's got 10 kids.
JP76
doubledog said:

I know of a few old timers who still freeze milk.
Bucketrunner
Yep. Milk freezes well.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Not joking

One dude in RGV with 8-10 gallons of milk said he was gonna freeze it before all the milk cows got the corona

AggieAces06
AG
Went to the Walmart on 2818 around lunch time. Didn't seem too crazy, but every cart I saw had at lest one pack of toilet paper in it.

We just got a few items for this week (milk, fruit) but I'm curious if anyone knows why they had their frozen food aisles blocked off?

I'm assuming something with their freezers having issues, but does anyone know?
techno-ag
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Not joking

One dude in RGV with 8-10 gallons of milk said he was gonna freeze it before all the milk cows got the corona
Seems like powdered milk would be a better option for the apocalypse.
BlueMiles
AG
Heismenberg said:

It wasn't too busy at all. One lady had at least 15 gallons of milk in her cart. Don't know what you do with that much milk. It's going to spoil before she gets 4-5 gallons through it unless she's got 10 kids.

I was behind a lady (from Madisonville) with gallons of milk last year. Aldi had the best price, she explained. She raised goats, and told me that the milk was to help feed the babies.

I replied, "You're kidding!"
histag10
AG
Walmart on Texas wasnt bad at all this morning. But only 2 registers opened.

Kroger in Bryan last friday was a madhouse. I waited 45 minutes to check out. Talked to a firefighter who said they likely wouldnt get food supplies for the station because the checkout times were too long and stores were low on meat (at the time).

I guess if you feel like doing something good for the community and boosting the local economy, order pizzas to be delivered to your local fire house.
histag10
AG
Heismenberg said:

Went to Walmart on 2818 this morning around 10:30. They had plenty of food and some toilet paper and paper towels.

Some people are taking in kids during the day so parents can work. The state has also placed more restrictions on licensed and registered daycares meaning more kids having to stay home. It may be someone who will be watching a hoard of kids
jac4
AG
Which Wal Mart on 2818? Bryan or CS?
BMo
Anyone know if any of the grocery stores are thinking of a special hour or two for seniors?
CEAg78
AG
BMo said:

Anyone know if any of the grocery stores are thinking of a special hour or two for seniors?
Go with the pickup option. Saves you from the craziness.
gettingitdone
So many stores are limiting the types of items you can order curbside. Unfortunately, it is better to go in to the store if you are well and able.
AggieAces06
AG
I was at the College Station one. I keep forgetting there are two on 2818 now
Rexter
AggieAces06 said:

I was at the College Station one. I keep forgetting there are two on 2818 now

The one referred to as on Tx Ave, but is actually on Brothers Blvd?
BCSWguru
Sams Club no longer offering early entry for Plus members, as of today.

Kroger opened at 7 and had plenty of TP at a 2 items per customer limit, was not overly crowded nor did checkout take long.
TransplantedRedRaider
I was at the HEB on Hwy 21 last night. The store was well stocked with almost everything. Produce section looked totally normal. Plenty of water, produce, meat, milk, eggs, OTC medicine. Almost no paper products, and canned food was picked over, but I found what I wanted, and they had lots of frozen veggies, too.

I know this isn't a fancy HEB, but it is well stocked. Customers being polite to each other. Plenty of staff cleaning around the store. AND--I only had to wait in line behind ONE person. Overall, it was good experience.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
How is the Sam's doing? Is it a total mad house?? Or is it normal as usual
FlyRod
Hearing from all over that people working in these stores are having a very rough timecollapsing, near breakdowns, etc...just overwhelmed. We need to get the crazed hordes to STOP the panic buying and mobbing stores ASAP. Because the people working in them may reach a breaking point soon, and then we all suffer.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.