Used utility poles?

14,701 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Muzzleblast
CS78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I need eight poles about 20-21ft long. Anybody know of a source within 45 minutes of town? Thanks!
GrimesCoAg95
AG
Starting a new hobby?

Just kidding. McCoy's can order 16-25' posts. Just talk to Brent over there for a price.
BQ_90
AG
Might try Producers COOP
WheelinAg
AG
We bought some at the COOP years ago. They were across the street in a field.
toolshed
AG
BTU used to have used poles you could pick through and load yourself. I don't know if they still do this though. They were on the side of the road at the end of Atkins in Bryan.
CS78
GrimesCoAg95 said:

Starting a new hobby?

Deer blinds. Big ones. 8'x8', 10' to the bottom of the floor, 7' roof. All treated. Planning to build to last a lifetime and withstand anything but a tornado. Going to rent a small track loader to do a bunch of other stuff and I think I can get the post set with it. Renting the track loader for a month and the lumber is less than the cost of one commercial built blind. Those things are crazy expensive.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
I like that idea. McCoy's has treated 16-25 on their website and can order what you need. I would talk to the manager over there. His name is Brent. Give him a total list of materials, and they will bid it. You can then buy it as you want the materials against the bid.

Buy one extra in case you decide to start throwing them.

GrimesCoAg95
AG
Here is a very old ad on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/123842761010168/posts/used-utility-poles-for-saleanyone-interested-in-purchasing-used-poles-must-call-/1014410408620061/

Heart of Texas Electric Cooperative
March 22, 2016
USED UTILITY POLES FOR SALE
Anyone interested in purchasing used poles must call first to check for availability and to schedule a pick up time.
For pickup in McGregor, ask to speak with Randy or KGeorge. For pickup in Rosebud, ask for Wright. Call 1-800-840-2957.
Poles are sold at $1 per foot plus tax. There is a one load maximum.
CS78
Thanks. I spoke with them and they said it got to big too big of a hassle and they now just cut them up and throw away.
AggieAces06
AG
Someone mentioned BTU, but you might also check with CSU.
Muzzleblast
Another possibility is Mid South in Navasota.
When they replaced the poles on my place they were happy I wanted them.
Every neighbor out here has utility post for corners.

I used some to stack project steel on.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.