Twin Liquors dollar sale starts today!!!

3,321 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Goose83
Txmoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Best prices on spirits you'll find. Unless you're looking for something high end or collectible, no need to go right at 10:00 am this morning. I did that once and it was a little crazy, and hard to look in the whiskey aisle. (Plus I felt like an alcoholic going to a liquor store at 10:00 am on a Thursday morning.)

Unfortunately their wine prices are still caca.
happyinBCS
Buy an ad
Donny Hall
happyinBCS said:

Buy an ad
SO EDGY AND SNARKY WOW
jja79
AG
There's a thread with hundreds of posts about a burger joint the owner of which is an unpaid poster on Texags. How is this different?
bobinator
AG
what is the dollar sale?
Mathguy64
AG
bobinator said:

what is the dollar sale?
$1 over cost.
Txmoe
AG
jja79 said:

There's a thread with hundreds of posts about a burger joint the owner of which is an unpaid poster on Texags. How is this different?
Ummm...maybe because I'm in no way affiliated with Twin Liquors?

The burger thread is an exception, most of us are not business owners but rather local consumers trying to alert like-minded Ags of a good meal, experience, value, etc.
bobinator
AG
will there still be any good deals if I go after work?
bobinator
AG
Reminds me of the time that JJ's bought out some liquor store that was going out of business and sold all their inventory. I think it was like any 5 bottles for $25 bucks or some crazy thing like that.

I remember like every college student in town was lined up around the building at 10 AM.
redd38
AG
bobinator said:

There will be good deals, but don't expect to get a particular brand cause the popular brands will be gone.
Mathguy64
AG
bobinator said:

Maybe. You won't find Blantons but they wouldn't have it out anyways. Several years ago ago I got a $90+ Jefferson's presidential select (21 or 23 yo) for $60.
bobinator
AG
I'm not really looking for anything in particular, just thought I'd go by and maybe try something new if it's on sale
Mathguy64
AG
It's hit and miss. Worst case is you bunker a staple or 2. Pick up a 4RsB or OGD114 cheap. Or a decent rye. Nobody thinks about ryes.
Scruffy
AG
Donny Hall said:

happyinBCS said:

Buy an ad
SO EDGY AND SNARKY WOW
You're somewhat new to this board, so I'll try to explain.......

The "Buy an ad" post is a running joke post on this board.
It goes back to when businesses would create accounts and post about new deals, etc. their business was offering.
It became common for anytime anyone posted about a business or something they found, the response would be "buy an ad".

I could go on...but I don't care enough.
jja79
AG
It was obvious you're a customer. I just find it interesting no one suggests the burger guy buy an ad.
Donny Hall
Scruffy said:

Donny Hall said:

happyinBCS said:

Buy an ad
SO EDGY AND SNARKY WOW
You're somewhat new to this board, so I'll try to explain.......

The "Buy an ad" post is a running joke post on this board.
It goes back to when businesses would create accounts and post about new deals, etc. their business was offering.
It became common for anytime anyone posted about a business or something they found, the response would be "buy an ad".

I could go on...but I don't care enough.
For sure, its been said to myself a few times. It just feels like it's kinda mean spirited when its used for people genuinely excited about a new place or sale. I will work to make sure I sound like im joking instead of sounding like a butthole!

bushytailed
AG
jja79 said:

It was obvious you're a customer. I just find it interesting no one suggests the burger guy buy an ad.

Costa didn't start that thread. A non-owner did.

Back on topic, I love seeing the college students get so excited and stock up during dollar sale weekend. It's like Christmas for them.

I need to take inventory of my liquor cabinet tonight before I brave the crowds.
KidDoc
AG
Yup I'm stopping by after an evening meeting!

Hands off my top shelf bourbons!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jja79
AG
Same thing happened here. Customer started the thread and immediately the buy an ad post. The liquor store owner didn't start the thread.
trouble
AG
I didn't know you were a fellow bourbon drinker.
Txmoe
AG
Went yesterday after work and there was still a pretty good selection of most things. The specialty bourbons were pretty picked over but good choices on everything else. Picked up a couple of things I wanted to try (sold out of the other two) and restocked my daily drinkers (figure of speech...I can quit when I want to...really I can) for good discounts.
Alte Schule
Went at 10:30 yesterday morning right after the initial rush. Bought three bottles of my favorite bourbon and saved $38 and change. .
happyinBCS
The manager at the wellborn store is a great guy
johnnyblaze36
AG
Glad I saw this thread earlier today. Popped in the Texas Ave location in CS a couple hours ago and bought a few bottles and saved about 35 bucks.
Goose83
AG
mathguy86 said:

Nobody thinks about ryes.
Yes they do - All the Rittenhouse was gone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.