A Cubed... (as in math)

1,668 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Clucky
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

so Aggies, alcohol, and axe throwing...

Seems like a GREAT idea... (sarcasm)

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Axe-throwing-business-opening-soon-in-Bryan-568193281.html
CDub06
AG
These clubs are so trendy. It's been popular for a minute. You can even catch axe throwing competitions on ESPN now.

I've gone out to one in Boise a couple of times. It's a pretty fun time, though a bit expensive. It's like bowling or top golf.
studioone
but what happens when a drunk person throws an axe, misses, the axe bounces off a wall and hits a patron or something...?
techno-ag
AG
studioone said:

but what happens when a drunk person throws an axe, misses, the axe bounces off a wall and hits a patron or something...?
I was thinking the same thing. Prolly have some healthy insurance on that place.
SommAg
AG
Talked to the guys opening the place a couple months ago, they're going to have a staff member as a monitor at every lane and that's part of the lane rental fee.

Apparently insurance for personal injury was less trouble than city fire code for suppression systems.
jrhmc
AG
My Girl Scouts have done axe throwing at camp since they were in Jr. High. It's not as dangerous as you might think.
studioone
jrhmc said:

My Girl Scouts have done axe throwing at camp since they were in Jr. High. It's not as dangerous as you might think.

your Girl Scouts weren't inebriated.
CDub06
AG
I'm not sure what you're envisioning.

It's like bowling - each group has their own lane. No one stands in the lane between the bowler and the pins, do they? There's no defense in this game.

And like my other comparison to Top Golf - you stand in a specific area to throw. You're not swinging axes in the hallway.

Tons of these places exist elsewhere. I think the causalities will be few at this one. Each lane has an attendant to walk you through the rules and monitor your behavior. In that regard, it's probably safer than Top Golf. The most dangerous thing at these places is if the axe hits the wall and bounces back at the right angle, you instinctually want to leap forward and try to catch it. Don't do that.
normaleagle05
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Bv-gZptgTts
CDub06
AG
Ok. Don't do that either.
techno-ag
AG
Please don't drink and throw axes, y'all. It's bad enough with all the drunk drivers out there.
Clucky
Don't tell me how to live my life.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.