Eating in Brenham

3,673 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bushytailed
SW AG80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recs for a lunch place in Brenham?
BaitShack
AG
I've got a buddy that sears by Truth BBQ, but I think the keep odd hours / days.
BaitShack
AG
Yep... Only Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

https://www.truthbbq.com/info
ratfacemcdougal
brenham airport.
Roland Schitt
AG
Dairy Bar has pretty solid burgers if you just want a no-frills burger
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Andreas-Taco-Shop/214950775186228

Pretty dang good drive thru or eat in.
Aggie
AG
Nathan's BBQ is solid
techno-ag
AG
Big fan of the ribs at Nathan's. Unlike some of the others, they're open every day, too.
halibut sinclair
Let's be careful out there eating ribs. Folks have choked on those. T&P.
currie-s
AG
Volare Italian Restaurant is good food and just a few blocks from the courthouse square.
ro828
If you're doing lunch on a weekday, go to the Santa Fe Cafe on 1st Street near downtown. It's a one of a kind place. Note: carry cash, because they don't take credit cards.
AggieBarstool
currie-s said:

Volare Italian Restaurant is good food and just a few blocks from the courthouse square.
This. Moderately upscale, if that's what you're looking for.
AggiePhil
AG
ro828 said:

If you're doing lunch on a weekday, go to the Santa Fe Cafe on 1st Street near downtown.

Got excited but was sad to see they don't serve New Mexican food.
meezermom
Yumm Sweets & Eats. We went a couple of weeks ago (had to go to Brenham Lowe's because our two don't carry purple drywall). Best pizza I've had since Antonio's by TAMU campus (too inconvenient to go there for the past few years). Ice cream parlor/sweets on the other side. Super picky kid even liked their grilled cheese!
ChampsAg
LJ's BBQ
Bonfire97
AG
If you are there on a Saturday, try Cody's Pit Stop BBQ. He is only open on Saturday, but the BBQ is the best in Brenham.
KC_Ag14
AG
The Royer family with the infamous restaurant in Round Top recently opened a restaurant near downtown Brenham called "Alamo Kitchen" (located on Alamo St.). Enjoyed it the couple times that I've been. There's also new spot across from the courthouse called "Tabu," which is taco/burger fusion joint. LJ's is a solid BBQ option if Truth is closed. A sleeper in town is "Brenham Grill," which is located in the Ant Street Inn. 96 West is a little more upscale, but has a lot more variety on their menu compared to most other spots in Brenham.
Maveric
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

The Royer family with the infamous restaurant in Round Top recently opened a restaurant near downtown Brenham called "Alamo Kitchen" (located on Alamo St.). Enjoyed it the couple times that I've been. There's also new spot across from the courthouse called "Tabu," which is taco/burger fusion joint. LJ's is a solid BBQ option if Truth is closed. A sleeper in town is "Brenham Grill," which is located in the Ant Street Inn. 96 West is a little more upscale, but has a lot more variety on their menu compared to most other spots in Brenham.
I drove by Royer's Alamo Kitchen yesterday and they had a sign up that read "Store Closed." Didn't know if it meant that they were closed for the day, in which I would think a regular closed sign would work, but this was a hand drawn sign.
tonytx05
AG
Go to Nathan's, order the half chicken, be happy.
KC_Ag14
AG
Huh... I'm sure it was just for the day. Don't think they've been struggling by any stretch.
bushytailed
AG
If by "eating" you mean a liquid meal, I recommend Brazos Valley Brewing Company.
But they're only open Friday through Sunday.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.