College Station airport

6,497 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by EBrazosAg
99StationAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Options are a good thing!

I thought Delta was supposed to, at least during the Fall, because of the SEC and Atlanta being the big hub?
kyledr04
AG
I fly a lot for work. Everytime I give CLL a chance, it's a cluster. Driving to Houston is almost always better especially for United.

You'd think the AA trip to Dallas would be useful but it's not either. The flight will be late for a variety of reasons then you've got to walk a mile to get from that crappy E sub-terminal out in the middle of the taxi way to get to the regular E terminal then probably ride the train to B terminal or somewhere and hope they don't change gates again. All that just to miss your connection.

So I keep driving for a another year or two then see if CLL still sucks.
australopithecus robustus
This whole thing gives me pause. I love flying out of CLL! It's so easy and convenient, especially TSA. I don't fly that often though so I guess ignorance is bliss!
99StationAG
AG
It's great, when it's great! Meaning, if you have a standard flight time, location, and prep time...it's convenient!

TSA "snuggles", or me taking my bags to the new machines(I should get a name-plate, or "kid wings" or something) is no problem.

However, having a proper Airport locally, with deficiencies because of "the corporate man" (IE the big commercial dictating so much) is a bit frustrating!

IMHO!

WB '99
CDub06
AG
BCS-Ag said:

. It is so much faster and less stressful to get through Easterwood that I am happy to pay up to $200 more for a flight (usually it's less than $100) rather than go through IAH.

I've seen flights from Easterwood cost LESS than the same flights they connect to in Houston or Dallas.
JMac03
AG
I've never had issues - but I have been patted down twice. One was this past week - my Apple Watch set it off. I was told a female needed to come pat me down. I pulled my long sleeve almost all the way up to show him my watch. He said "a female still has to pat you down". I just laughed.

The other was a pant pat down and that was probably a year ago.
dubi
AG
I flew out of Grand Cayman a few weeks ago and got a full on boob and crotch pat down standing right in the security line. If you travel, you just have to live with the little inconveniences.

We drive to IAH for our trips.
EliteElectric
were you able to fly direct from GC to IAH?

We love Cayman
dubi
AG
EliteElectric said:

were you able to fly direct from GC to IAH?

We love Cayman
United has non stops to GC.
EliteElectric
That's only part of the year though right?
Post removed:
by user
tonytx05
AG
My experience has been no matter where you are in the world, the smaller the airport, the more anal the security is.
halibut sinclair
EliteElectric
Our daughter is a sea turtle fanatic so we started going for the turtle center and touch tanks.
ratfacemcdougal
I am currently looking at a spring fishing trip to eastern pa and the flight from cs is 2.00 more than the flight from houston. In other words, I can fly to houston for 2.00. does not happen often, but it is nice when it happens. The gamble is flight and baggage connections. the houston leg is non stop,,,,but i have lost bags on nonstops before. last time i did this trip, my wading boots were old and worn and the fabric liner in the shoe bed was basically gone...well tsa made sure it was gone and even tried to dig out the foam footbed. fortunately the boots were expendable and on the last leg so they ended up in the trash on the way back to cs.
milner79
wasntme said:

Sure wish Southwest would fly out of Easterwood.
Pigs will first.
EBrazosAg
AG
No doubt. Delta to ATL way more likely than Southwest.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.