Dueling Midtowns

2,277 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 91_Aggie
southerner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With the City of Bryan's announcement about Big Shots coming to Travis Bryan MIDTOWN Park, I wonder if that puts them ahead in the Battle for the True MIDTOWN.

College Station did change the name of Lakeway Drive to "MIDTOWN".

I still think it is silly that the two cities and developers couldn't get on the same page when they were naming these areas.
BrandoC
AG
What's the problem? College Station is College Station and Bryan is Bryan. They are not the same town.
JMac03
AG
I think the road is actually called Midway not Midtown (Lakeway name change). I noticed it the other day.
cavscout96
AG
Heard on the radio several months ago that one of the developers in CS was part of the Bryan initiative and the Bryan folks were pretty agitated when he took the name with him in the new venture. i.e The Mayor or one of the council members (can't recall which) in Bryan called him out by name in an on-air interview.
91_Aggie
AG
JMac03 said:

I think the road is actually called Midway not Midtown (Lakeway name change). I noticed it the other day.
it's named midtown.
Donny Hall
midtown sounds better than "Arsenic Park" - i reckon there are still some levels underground that lake bottom
Expert Analysis
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Bryan-planning-to-drain-excavate-Municipal-Lake-for-Regional-Park-improvements-567567061.html
JMac03
AG
91_Aggie said:

JMac03 said:

it's named midtown.
I could have sworn it said Midway the last few days over by my house. I even told my daughter this morning I thought it was odd because the area is called Midtown. It does say Midtown.
91_Aggie
AG
After both midtowns are completed, i am going to be sorely disappointed if we do not get a monorail between them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.