19 % SuddenLink price increase

11,130 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiepaintrain
saltydog13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
saturn135 said:

Rise Broadband: $58.52/month
Directv: $80/month

I tried the streaming route a couple times, but the few channels we actually watch require more than one streaming platform. Plus I don't trust rise broadband
Tariny
Disney+ is offering a bundle you might be interested in. You get Disney+, Hulu with ads, and ESPN for $12.99 a month. Just Google "Disney+ bundle" and you can get more info on it.
meezermom
I'm paying Suddenlink $25.73 for just internet. I used a service called Trim and they call and negotiate on your behalf. You pay them 25% of your savings for the year that they negotiate. Also did it with our DirecTV - totally worth it!
MisterShipWreck
I just got off the phone with Suddenlink - they wouldn't do anything for me. I may just cancel and sign up as a new customer in a month. I can get tv and internet for what I was paying for just internet

But, that means I gotta go without for a month - tough with a kid. Maybe I will wait until after school is out. But then he will complain about being bored in the summer :P
TexasAggie_02
AG
MisterShipWreck said:

I just got off the phone with Suddenlink - they wouldn't do anything for me. I may just cancel and sign up as a new customer in a month. I can get tv and internet for what I was paying for just internet

But, that means I gotta go without for a month - tough with a kid. Maybe I will wait until after school is out. But then he will complain about being bored in the summer :P

Did you lead off with cancelation? You can't try to reason with them. You just have to call and tell them you're canceling. That puts them in a corner where they either let you go, or negotiate.
MisterShipWreck
Yes I did. I told him I will be cancelling. It did no good.

He tried to tell me that I was getting a great deal, getting 100 mbps for free. I told him - how is it free? It is what I am paying for. Geeze..
Rapier108
Same here. Went up almost $20 per month.

And for some reason, for almost a week I have one channel which has been down 24/7, and others which randomly throw a 225 error code. Suddenlink of course says there are no issues.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
jwhitlock3
Our bill also went up about 15% or so this month. We have the 400 Mbps/unlimited data plan and we were paying $66.06, using our own equipment. Plan jumped to $76 this month for no reason and I just negotiated it back down about 6 months ago. We are moving to a new house in about 6 weeks, if I call and cancel, can I hook it up at a different price at the new house after a week or so?
happyinBCS
Bill went from 131.00 to 163.00 I have the slowest internet they offer and the least number of channels Of course I called like everyone else here and after 25 minutes of BS my new bill will be 140.00 so I got back 23.00 of the 32.00 increase It is all a joke and this is what happens when you are dealing with a monopoly At some point their business model will fail as new innovations happen
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Google Suppose TV

That website will compare all streaming services and you can pick the one you want to use. If you make an error, just about all streaming services are month to month billing, so you can drop and switch to another if you didn't get it right.

My situation: Direct TV with 4 TV's. I was paying $178 a month.I also have ESPN+ @ $5 a month,

I switched to You Tube TV (not You Tube...You Tube TV) for $52 a month plus kept ESPN+.

Wife was not happy because You Tube TV does not carry Hallmark. I found Philo streaming and added it for $20 a month.Philo also carried A&E and You Tube TV did not.

So my monthly total is $52+$5+$20=$77 a month. I was paying Direct TV $178 a month.

I live in DFW area and for some reason Direct TV carried the Astros and the Rangers. As a result I have lost the Astros. I am sad about that but I will live.

My only other charge is internet and I pay Spectrum $78 which I was already paying.

Do your homework. Go to Suppose TV and find the service that meets your needs ie Hulo, You Tube TV, Sling , Philo, etc.

PS You Tube TV allows me to watch 3 TV's, it has a DVR, and with ESPN+ I have yet to miss an Aggie baseball, basketball, football etc.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
Slagathor
AG
My bill went up from $49 to $60 - just internet, no TV. Should have kept that price until next August. I called the number posted above and still got connected with someone who "could only explain what was on the bill" and "couldn't transfer me to anyone". Made sure to tell him how incredibly unhelpful he was and hung up. Who was that number supposed to be reaching?

Edit: sorry, different thread where I found that number: https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3090609/replies/55870190
MisterShipWreck
jwhitlock3 said:

Our bill also went up about 15% or so this month. We have the 400 Mbps/unlimited data plan and we were paying $66.06, using our own equipment. Plan jumped to $76 this month for no reason and I just negotiated it back down about 6 months ago. We are moving to a new house in about 6 weeks, if I call and cancel, can I hook it up at a different price at the new house after a week or so?
I think ya have to cancel for 31 days before you are a new customer
jwhitlock3
That's what I was afraid of, but thought I'd check to see if anyone had any different experience with moving addresses. Thanks!
jwhitlock3
Exact same problem I had. Mine should have stayed the same as well through August of this year. When you call them, you have to ask for the Retention Department. I've sat on the line with the normal folks who answer when you call for 30+ minutes and they can't do anything at all to lower your bill. The only folks who can do that are with retention, and they're normally pretty good about lowering the bill back down. Once I get someone from the right department on the line, I've had good luck just being honest and telling them I'm looking to drop my bill and not having to keep up the charade that I'm going to cancel.
Eliminatus
AG
Ugh. Just got the bill.

From $61 to $88.

Same service, no warning. One billing cycle. I despise the cable industry. Has anyone had any success dealing with this? It's not a backbreaking amount but the principle of the matter triggers me in ways I never thought possible.

ETA: low tier internet only.
jwhitlock3
Eliminatus said:

It's not a backbreaking amount but the principle of the matter triggers me in ways I never thought possible.

Exactly this.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Just saw that my internet only service jumped $11 for the next cycle. I live outside the city limits with only 2 plans available from them, so I'm just lucky that I got grandfathered into the old unlimited data plan or else I would be having to spend another $30 for that
aggiepaintrain
AG
I just signed up for asktrim.com to negotiate my bills from SUDDENLINK, Directv, & AT&T.
So far very impressed with the savings.....so far $1200 a year.. I get tired of calling every 6 months, getting mad, getting lied to. Ya'll should check it out...saved $30 a month from Suddenlink alone.
FJB
sornman
I just did Trim as well. I wonder if they refund some of their costs if Suddenlink increases your prices.

Quote:

Quote:

Congratulations! Your negotiator, just saved you $555.12 on your Suddenlink bill!

As promised, we'll charge $183.19 (33% of the savings) to the payment method on file within 2 days.

So they are charging me the 33% based on what they will save me over a year (based on last months costs - new monthly cost * 12). But what if Suddenlink raises their prices again? Then I am not saving as much money, thus, they should owe me. Eh, something to think about anyway.
aggiepaintrain
AG
I'm paying 0% for the first year and $10 a month now. I
FJB
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.