Here's a story for ya, kbtx! Self driving 18 wheelers in Texas?

1,794 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by legalbird
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kxxv.com/hometown/texas/self-driving-long-haul-trucks-hit-texas-highways-this-week?fbclid=IwAR0ueE824EQObuU2XLS3l8OLM6S9mud9UFiNuZh-JIbOi29GY6sEQlN6WVM
studioone
If true, I'm never getting on a highway again...
Expert Analysis
AG
Several companies have been operating self driving trucks in Texas for more than a year. They all have safety drivers and are mostly operating on just the interstates.
boredatwork08
AG
Self-driving vehicles are safer than a human driver could ever hope to be.
Bob2525
Can't wait till autopilot is in most cars. Waiting an extra 5 or 10 minutes at stoplights because people can't look up from their phones and drive gets annoying after awhile. I could see having a special license to unlock "self drive" as a good thing.
bobinator
AG
boredatwork08 said:

Self-driving vehicles are safer than a human driver could ever hope to be.
At this point I don't believe this is true. Or at least if it is it isn't the whole truth. Humans are a lot better at predicting what dumb **** the other humans around them are going to do.

No doubt that if all of the vehicles were self-driving it would be safer though.
studioone
Just waiting for Skynet to take over and ram everyones car into others at 125mph.
Rexter
Can someone post a short video if I email it to you?
legalbird
finally a safe ride for hitchhikers
Aggieangler93
AG
There used to be a time when I never would have thought self-driving vehicles could be safer. Now, with all the morons who have their head stuck in their phone, I would love to get to a place where all vehicles were self-driving.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
techno-ag
AG
At least we have cahs that can pahk themselves.

https://tvline.com/2020/01/27/chris-evans-john-krasinski-boston-car-commercial-video-super-bowl-2020-hyundai/&ved=2ahUKEwiy1pLRqrjnAhUKPq0KHcICBIMQwqsBMAB6BAgFEAU&usg=AOvVaw19x4t-9l72ut50SWd89531
legalbird
smot pok
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.