RNL Homes

2,250 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by meinkee
jphil1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are looking at buying a home built by RNL. Does anyone have experience working with RNL?
How is their quality?
Did they repair errors quickly?
Did they stay on budget?
AG'73
RafterAg223
AG
I'm building custom with RNL right now on my own property. I'm also in the industry on the commercial side of things and know what I'm looking at when it comes to construction and build quality.

Quality: Excellent
Response on issues: Excellent
Budget: They stay on budget. If you want something in a build that is going to run more than what they budget for, they will tell you well before the project starts. Their base home includes a ridiculous amount of items that many of their competitors consider an upgrade.

These guys can build a first time buyer home just as well as they can build a high end custom in Indian Lakes. Their building envelopes and fit and finish far surpass most anyone who is competing with them in most of the communities they build in right now. The two brothers who run this outfit are TAMU Construction Science graduates and they can actually read a tape measure and navigate their way through a set of drawings, unlike SOME other builders in this town that just slap a sticker on the side of their brand new truck that says "I'm a home builder".

There are other really good builders in their space in this market for sure, but these guys are really good at what they do. They are honest and they stand behind their work. They also use excellent subs and have very good control of them, ensuring good delivery times. I've yet to find anyone disappointed with the product or service they have received from RNL.

OldAg89er
Familiar with most BCS builders. RNL does a great job. If you look at their roof and ceiling lines in their tract homes - there are no "dog ears" where the slant on the roof encroaches on the room's outside wall's height. This means all the walls in the home are full height - so the rooms look larger than if the wall on the exterior plane was shorter.

Floor plans are well done, modern open concept with good use of interior space, they do a good job managing the subcontractors. Good quality materials and build, they stand behind their homes.
meinkee
You mention the brothers but left out the sister! Nora handles finish out with end user among other things and is an integral part of RNL
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.