Moot Court Practice

1,056 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dallasiteinsa02
GrimesCoAg95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My son and a friend are involved in a debate club. One of the types of debate is moot court. They just received the case and have a couple of tournaments coming up. It is hard to find people to practice fewer people participate in moot and because the judge can ask questions as they present.

If anyone on this board has an interest in listening to a couple of teens present a case (over the phone or live), please let me know. Ideally, it would be someone with a legal background. I know I am asking for a valuable resource (your time), but it is to help build communicators for tomorrow. I am also happy to provide something tasty (beef or pork) from the smoker if that helps.

Thanks in advance.
dallasiteinsa02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It was mock trial not moot court but we were trained for it back in high school by the best defense attorney in Dallas. He told the "witnesses" that if they weren't 100% sure of their answer they could say that they don't recall. It was genius. The other team would get so out of sorts because they had scripted their questions and since you didn't give the answer they thought you would say they would be lost.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.