Electrician Needed After Storm

1,728 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BlueMiles
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Help! During last night's storm, we had 8 arc fault breakers trip. The regular breakers did not. Now I cannot get the arc fault breakers to reset.

Anyone know someone in town I could call on a Saturday?
EliteElectric
Lightning takes them out sometimes. You may have had a close strike. I can try to get someone out there if you like
AggiePhil
AG
EliteElectric said:

Lightning takes them out sometimes. You may have had a close strike. I can try to get someone out there if you like

Yes please!!!
EliteElectric
Ok address and phone #? Or text them to me 979
AggiePhil
AG
Thanks Elite! I'm gonna try one more thing. Will text you if it doesn't work. Wrote your number down so feel free to edit it out if you prefer. Thanks for your help!!!
EliteElectric
Try turning all of the arc faults off then turn the main off. The turn main back on then the arc ****ts one by one
AggiePhil
AG
Got it figured out. The panel cover came open overnight and I think all the water killed the arc fault breakers. Replacing them one by one now...
AgDotCom
EliteElectric said:

Try turning all of the arc faults off then turn the main off. The turn main back on then the arc ****ts one by one
Sorry, had to chuckle at the forum code censoring important info simply because of a typo. Glad everything is good to go and my admiration to Elite for offering to help.
EliteElectric
AggiePhil said:

Got it figured out. The panel cover came open overnight and I think all the water killed the arc fault breakers. Replacing them one by one now...

Glad to hear you are getting it resolved. A lot of times a lightning strike near a structure will cause all of the arc faults and gfci plugs to quit working. I think anytime the ground becomes energized it backfeeds on to the ground rod and smokes the protective devices.
EliteElectric
AgDotCom said:

EliteElectric said:

Sorry, had to chuckle at the forum code censoring important info simply because of a typo. Glad everything is good to go and my admiration to Elite for offering to help.

Haha right I don't even know what this misspelling was
AggiePhil
AG
Thank you again, Elite. I truly appreciate it!
BlueMiles
AG
EliteElectric said:

AgDotCom said:

EliteElectric said:

Haha right I don't even know what this misspelling was

You intended to type "faults," but accidentally put a "k" instead of an "l" in the word. Funny that it triggered the word filter.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.