Electrician Needed After Storm

1,229 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by BlueMiles
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Help! During last night's storm, we had 8 arc fault breakers trip. The regular breakers did not. Now I cannot get the arc fault breakers to reset.

Anyone know someone in town I could call on a Saturday?
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lightning takes them out sometimes. You may have had a close strike. I can try to get someone out there if you like
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EliteElectric said:

Lightning takes them out sometimes. You may have had a close strike. I can try to get someone out there if you like

Yes please!!!
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok address and phone #? Or text them to me 979
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks Elite! I'm gonna try one more thing. Will text you if it doesn't work. Wrote your number down so feel free to edit it out if you prefer. Thanks for your help!!!
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Try turning all of the arc faults off then turn the main off. The turn main back on then the arc ****ts one by one
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got it figured out. The panel cover came open overnight and I think all the water killed the arc fault breakers. Replacing them one by one now...
AgDotCom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EliteElectric said:

Try turning all of the arc faults off then turn the main off. The turn main back on then the arc ****ts one by one
Sorry, had to chuckle at the forum code censoring important info simply because of a typo. Glad everything is good to go and my admiration to Elite for offering to help.
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AggiePhil said:

Got it figured out. The panel cover came open overnight and I think all the water killed the arc fault breakers. Replacing them one by one now...


Glad to hear you are getting it resolved. A lot of times a lightning strike near a structure will cause all of the arc faults and gfci plugs to quit working. I think anytime the ground becomes energized it backfeeds on to the ground rod and smokes the protective devices.
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgDotCom said:

EliteElectric said:

Try turning all of the arc faults off then turn the main off. The turn main back on then the arc ****ts one by one
Sorry, had to chuckle at the forum code censoring important info simply because of a typo. Glad everything is good to go and my admiration to Elite for offering to help.


Haha right I don't even know what this misspelling was
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank you again, Elite. I truly appreciate it!
BlueMiles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EliteElectric said:

AgDotCom said:

EliteElectric said:

Try turning all of the arc faults off then turn the main off. The turn main back on then the arc ****ts one by one
Sorry, had to chuckle at the forum code censoring important info simply because of a typo. Glad everything is good to go and my admiration to Elite for offering to help.


Haha right I don't even know what this misspelling was

You intended to type "faults," but accidentally put a "k" instead of an "l" in the word. Funny that it triggered the word filter.
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.