ISO B/CS guitar instructor

863 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I recently bought a few new guitars (electric, mandolin, ukulele) and am looking for recommendations for local instructors. I also own a lap steel and an acoustic but don't know how to play any of them.

I found this place linked below online and am wondering if anybody has had any experience with the instructors or has any other independent recommendations. I met the founder once a year and a half ago randomly when I was showing his home/music school and he seemed really nice.

https://www.brazosarts.com/

I'm primarily interested in being taught how to play my new electric guitar and in the words of Michael Scott need someone to "explain this to me like I am five".

I've thought about trying to go the online route as it's cheaper and more convenient but I've been told by an extremely high level musician friend (who unfortunately lives in another city) that I'd be way better served by personal lessons.

Not looking to become a rockstar but just to learn the basics and be able to play classic tunes in my living room with friends.

iisanaggie
AG
Tubie Pushee at the String and Horn Shop in downtown Bryan. He teaches to all ages!
johnnyblaze36
AG
iisanaggie said:

Tubie Pushee at the String and Horn Shop in downtown Bryan. He teaches to all ages!
Established the year after I was born. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll look him up.

edit: Got in contact with Tubie and start a regular schedule this Wednesday. Thanks again!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.