Infant Childcare

1,929 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JeepWaveEarl
Nutmegger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know this has been asked before, but most of the posts had a price range they were looking for. I was curious which local daycares are considered the best for infant care if price was not a factor (since the military will provide a childcare fee assistance while my husband is deployed).

We live in Bryan near Messina Hof and I work off University near Hwy 6. I would like it to be convenient, but also don't mind driving a little ways if the benefits are worth it. I have toured the providers that are closest to my job, but was wondering if driving a little further might be worth it considering I was not all that impressed with those I have toured thus far.

Thanks in advance for your input!
histag10
AG
I have heard nothing but wonderful things about St Anthony for infants.

St. Thomas is also highly regarded, as is Primrose.
MiMi
S
Primrose
Stepping Stone

FYI - Both will have long wait lists for infants.
LocalAg12
AG
Both of our kids go to St. Anthony's. We love it and have only great things to say about the place. Our kids look forward to going each morning. I work in your direction and can drop them off at 7:30 and am at work by 7:45.
EliteElectric
Bullfrogs and Butterflies. Have nothing but praise for them.
Nutmegger
AG
Maybe things have changed since the last posts I've read but I thought there were multiple people who had bad experiences with Primrose and said it had gone downhill. Which Stepping Stone? We toured the University Oaks location and might get on the list there if we don't find anything better. I contacted St. Thomas Aquinas but they were the only provider to say they won't accept the military fee assistance unfortunately. Will check with St. Anthony's since others have mentioned it.

Also I found it interesting that the wait lists in this area aren't nearly as long as everyone seems to make them out to be. At least for the locations we have toured thus far. Maybe there are just more daycares in the area than years past, who knows.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Maybe things have changed since the last posts I've read but I thought there were multiple people who had bad experiences with Primrose and said it had gone downhill.
My granddaughter has been at Primrose since last January (she was 12 weeks when she started). I cannot say enough good thins about it. I am in there several times a week, I've visited the classrooms (infant through older toddler) and talked to the teachers. I have no complaints and highly recommend it.
AggiePhil
AG
Covenant Presbyterian Children's Center. Best kept secret in town for daycare.
lifeincartoonmotion
AG
Prodigy Learning Center on Graham! I've had nothing but great experiences. The office staff are approachable and willing to do what it takes to make sure you and your kid/s are happy! Ingrid, the owner, is amazing. And the site managers: Tiffany and Ashley are too!
histag10
AG
Nutmegger said:

Maybe things have changed since the last posts I've read but I thought there were multiple people who had bad experiences with Primrose and said it had gone downhill. Which Stepping Stone? We toured the University Oaks location and might get on the list there if we don't find anything better. I contacted St. Thomas Aquinas but they were the only provider to say they won't accept the military fee assistance unfortunately. Will check with St. Anthony's since others have mentioned it.

Also I found it interesting that the wait lists in this area aren't nearly as long as everyone seems to make them out to be. At least for the locations we have toured thus far. Maybe there are just more daycares in the area than years past, who knows.

I started calling when I was about 4 or 5 months pregnant. The only one that didnt seem able to accommodate me after 12 weeks maternity leave (just under a year away from when I called) was St. Thomas Aquinas. I think i called in May, but they said their waitlist was out to March at that point.

Now, when we moved here with a 2 year old, that was a different story. I basically only found maybe 2 or 3 places that could take him on a 3 week notice.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
I second Prodigy Learning Center... they're great. Let me know if you want a contact there I can get you connected.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.