Tax help for a small business

1,353 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by The Brazos Kid
TAMC11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for help with our 2019 taxes for a daycare (LLC) we started this year and need a reputable CPA or bookkeeper. Also any advice on using a bookkeeper vs a CPA would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
TimsParents
S
We have used Roy Bowman for years and highly recommend him. He does both individual and business returns.
Gig'Em & God Bless
UmustBKidding
Keith kuttler
TAMC11
AG
TimsParents said:

We have used Roy Bowman for years and highly recommend him. He does both individual and business returns.

This one, I assume?

http://www.bowmantaxserv.com/contact_us.html
LOYAL AG
AG
Bookkeepers and CPA's are not the same thing and typically don't do the same work. I wouldn't hire a bookkeeper to do my taxes (and my bookkeeping company doesn't do taxes) and I wouldn't really hire my CPA to do my bookkeeping. They are different tasks. For example, here's the things I've done or do for my clients that no CPA I know of in BCS will or could do:

• Software integrations. All of my clients are in QB Online. I've connected software to various client files that record daily sales from systems like Square, Micros and Toast. I've connected and now maintain software to handle paying contractors tens of thousands of dollars per week in ACH payments. I've created and now maintain automated billing and payment collection solutions for clients with various recurring billing cycles.
  • Process design. I have created processes to connect disconnected solutions in a manner that reduces processing time (while increasing accuracy) for hundreds of bills from literally two days a week to two hours a week.
  • Banking issues. I work with several of my client's bankers to help navigate the lending process and to navigate the occasional cash challenges that come with owning a business.
  • I have helped several clients navigate confusing things like merchant agreements, insurance, etc.
  • Forecasting. I have clients I do weekly cash forecasts and annual budgets for to help them better see and avoid or manage those shortfalls before they arise.
  • Financial reporting and coaching. I use the information we collect as a result of the bookkeeping to help my clients better understand their businesses and help them make better, more informed decisions.

I know a lot of CPA's in town and I have great relationships with both Roy Bowman and Keith Kuttler and both do great work. But neither of them focus their attention on any of the above except for maybe the last bullet. Likewise I don't do taxes. My job is to make your business better through improved efficiency and information.

Bottom line is that if you want bookkeeping geared towards a tax return with limited info to help you run the business then the bookkeeping a CPA provides will suffice but if you want/need that data to run the business then you need someone that's keeping your books with the books in mind, not the tax return. When it comes tax season I close my clients' books and turn them over to their CPA who creates and files the returns. I oversee those relationships as well for most of them.

If you want to visit on what I can do for you as a bookkeeping service (on steroids) drop me an email at jason@thebeasleygroup.com.

The Brazos Kid
+1 for Loyal Ag

He knows his stuff
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.