Girls Softball Leagues

1,288 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Turf96
waltonloads11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have a daughter who I want to put in a softball league. Is there Little League softball here? All I see is Little League baseball.
java94
AG
https://www.bvgsa.org/
Boro Ag 2000
AG
https://brazoscountysoftball.com/home
TXCityGirl
The Brazos County group is a Little League affiliate, I believe. Check with Cyndi Perez under their Contact Us tab.
Scruffy
AG
For competitive fastpitch, I knew a lot of people who joined teams in Spring-Klien, Tomball, Cy-Fair, or Katy.
Stupe
S
I have had a deep-seated hate for girls fastpitch since I got struck out on three pitches without swinging by 12 year old.
JMac03
AG
We play (well my kid) with BVGSA and enjoy it.
Turf96
What age and how competitive? Bvgsa is a good spot as most of the local talent did start there. Keep in mind it is rec ball. You have some great little talent and then some butterfly chacers. That is the way Rec ball works. 5-6 players and then 2-3 batters you hold your breath on. Give us situation as best you feel and we can help. There are options out there but I support BVGsA as a good start if that helps. Where we started.
waltonloads11
AG
Daughter is only 5.

My wife kind of wanted Little League because thats what she grew up doing.

I am open for either league.
JMac03
AG
FYI for those who have kids who play softball, the Aggie Softball team is offering "Train Like the Aggies" this coming weekend. We are registered.

Here is a link if anyone is interested:
https://www.active.com/orgs/texas-a-m-softball
Turf96
Bvgsa will be a good start. As you get older you will see how much she likes it and if it is her thing. It was enjoyable and we played several seasons with them and wanted to go a higher level of play. Lots of good travel teams on this side of Houston and several local within 30 miles. I warn you be careful as it isn't that far away from 9 game weekends. Best of luck and as you get older feel free to post. Lots of people give lessons but you are not at that point yet. Some more qualified than others. Have fun and you will find some outstanding softball support right here in BCS. Just enjoy your time with her. I'll never forget the little angels of tee ball. Huge helmets and skinny little legs. I hope you get a team that is all about fun and fundamentals. It isn't about the wins at 5 but later that count. Make the correct play and the outs will come later. Don't get on a team that rolls the ball to first to get the out. Attempt the right way and about 9 years old a light comes on. By 12 they play big girl ball. When they hit 14u it is a fun sport to watch. Best of luck.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.