Best place for Anniversary Dinner?

2,810 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by halibut sinclair
FightinTxAg14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Taking my wife out for our first wedding Anniversary. I know Christopher's is a big spot. But what are some other restaurants y'all suggest in B/CS area?
Broncos
The Republic is the only option.
Captn_Ag05
AG
A couple of recent threads with similar discussion. Happy Anniversary!

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3074004/

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3082627
trouble
AG
Ronin
The Republic
Primrose Path
Veritas
Mathguy64
AG
Veritas, omakase with wine paired.
halibut sinclair
Porter's
Poppy
gus1390
AG
Don't forget Madden's and Ronin
Jetty
AG
Christopher's.... Zihuatanejo Snapper!!
bobinator
AG
Taco Cabana
armymom
Porter's Steakhouse is a very good option and even Cafe Eccell...their strawberry tart is a winner!
halibut sinclair
Out of all these listed, I would go with Cafe Eccell. Caffe Capri would also be nice.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
My wife and I really enjoy Christophers. For something different, why not drive to Washington County and try Dos Brisas?

https://www.dosbrisas.com/restaurant/
aggiemom89
Casa do Brasl!
jac4
AG
GrimesCoAg95 said:

My wife and I really enjoy Christophers. For something different, why not drive to Washington County and try Dos Brisas?

https://www.dosbrisas.com/restaurant/

I second Dos Brisas.
TXCityGirl
Female perspective -
Republic
Veritas
Porter's
Christopher's
Ronin

in that order
histag10
AG
I'd add Maddens to that list. I really like their food

I generally choose Christopher's over Republic, but that's mainly because they have a kids menu. We like to go out to a nice early dinner mid week sometimes, but wont go to Republic because they insist my 4 year old pay for a full entree. Their choice- and that's fine. But I can pay roughly $10 for a kids plate at Christophers.
studioone
amico nave...

Nappa flats, may, or may not, be closed.. it depends on the thread..
halibut sinclair
halibut sinclair
https://www.hollistercreative.com/blog/correct-way-to-use-ellipses/
AgsWin2011
AG
Amico Nave is probably the best Italian restaurant in BCS. Nice atmosphere too.
halibut sinclair
Caffe Capri is definitely the best Italian restaurant in BCS. We prefer the atmosphere there. Not impressed with Amico Nave.
studioone
halibut sinclair said:

https://www.hollistercreative.com/blog/correct-way-to-use-ellipses/

it means my thoughts are ever continuing and im not decided if I am finished with my statement...
AggieBarstool
Jetty said:

I did this very thing for our anniversary last week. Made a 7:15pm reservation on a weeknight. It was the best dining-out experience I've ever had in Aggieland -- and I've been to all the upscale places.

We did Veritas last year. Their chef's tasting was exquisite as well, but Christopher's edgedthem out.

---

To anyone that recommended Eccell or Cafe Carpri... why not just go to McDonalds? Eccell is good, but a far cry from upscale dining. And Cafe Capri? Just... don't (unless you like overcooked pasta with sauce from a can).
halibut sinclair
AggieBarstool said:

Jetty said:

I did this very thing for our anniversary last week. Made a 7:15pm reservation on a weeknight. It was the best dining-out experience I've ever had in Aggieland -- and I've been to all the upscale places.

We did Veritas last year. Their chef's tasting was exquisite as well, but Christopher's edgedthem out.

---

To anyone that recommended Eccell or Cafe Carpri... why not just go to McDonalds? Eccell is good, but a far cry from upscale dining. And Cafe Capri? Just... don't (unless you like overcooked pasta with sauce from a can).
Christopher's is extremely overrated.

That why we like Eccell - the dishes are a little more upscale, but you can make the dining experience formal or casual depending on your mood.

Caffe Capri - now you're reaching. I guess you've never had the owner prepare you a special off-menu dish from scratch.
AggieBarstool
halibut sinclair said:

Christopher's is extremely overrated.

That why we like Eccell - the dishes are a little more upscale, but you can make the dining experience formal or casual depending on your mood.

Caffe Capri - now you're reaching. I guess you've never had the owner prepare you a special off-menu dish from scratch.
To each their own, I suppose.

As for Caffe Capri -- you're exactly right. I wouldn't let the owner prepare something for me if he paid me to eat it.
halibut sinclair
Quote:

As for Caffe Capri -- you're exactly right. I wouldn't let the owner prepare something for me if he paid me to eat it.
Troll, troll, troll your boat. You are proving that you have zero idea what you're talking about. I guess you have some kind of problem with the Cerone family.
AggieBarstool
halibut sinclair said:

Quote:

Troll, troll, troll your boat. You are proving that you have zero idea what you're talking about. I guess you have some kind of problem with the Cerone family.
No, not at all. Or, rather, the only thing I have against them is that the food just isn't good. I get suckered in to going once a year or so and leave each time feeling disappointed, that I got a poor value, and/or that I could make better at home.

The neat thing about a free market society is that I can choose to spend my money elsewhere while others are perfectly welcome to spend their money on what I consider mediocrity.
halibut sinclair
AggieBarstool said:

halibut sincl said:

The neat thing about a free market society is that I can choose to spend my money elsewhere while others are perfectly welcome to spend their money on what I consider mediocrity.

Hey, I feel the same way. Glad we agree that your food choices are mediocre.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.