RN hospice and home health jobs - all salary?

1,917 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by justalocal
Mitsydog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I'm thinking about making a change from bedside nursing to hospice or home health. Does anyone know if all of these positions are salary only? I've heard that Traditions is salary and that sometimes the RNs are working 80 hours per week on salary due to the time charting takes?

Thx! Any thoughts would be appreciated!
JeepWaveEarl
AG
That's an accurate statement. Most are salary unless you're part time prn and then it's a per visit rate. Doesn't take into account travel time to places when they don't want to see you and won't open the door (hh), on call (hospice), and meeting productivity to keep your vehicle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...grateful for grace.....
Otto Braun 6/6/12-12/26/13
--cure pediatric cancer--
Dakota01
AG
I was browsing the Aggieland board for old times sake, and I came across this post. I am a home health RN clinical supervisor for an agency in NE Texas. I have surprisingly loved the switch from beside nursing. My schedule is flexible, and I am off on holidays and weekends. I am in a salary position in my role. My job duties consist of mostly case management for our patients. I do go on home visits for admissions, discharges, etc and when our field staff needs the extra help. I rarely put in more than 40 hours per week. Our field staff is paid per visit. Rarely does any of their work require more than 40 hours per week (home visits and charting combined), and if it does, they are compensated for it. This includes our field RN. We all rotate on call. For our agency that averages to one week/weekend per month. Our call out is not bad, and we are paid for it. I will say the charting in home health is 100x more than it was in the hospital. It is the biggest challenge for our nurses when they first start. I was also surprised by how many of my nursing skills I continue to use in home health plus some. I do not have any experience with hospice nursing. One of my coworkers has worked hospice, and she has said if it was not for the on call required, she would go back to it. I hear hospice is wonderful, but the hours are much longer. I hope this helps!
Mitsydog
Oh wow, this sounds really nice!! I wish you would have said what company you work for I have learned the last couple of weeks that like you said the charting for home health is the biggest challenge, especially at first.
justalocal
I'm almost certain that the person that comes to our home, pediatric, is paid per visit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.