Two men suspected of bank jugging arrested at Rock Prairie Wells Fargo

5,210 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by txyaloo
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bank Jugging : "when a suspect is watching someone withdraw a large sum of money from a bank or ATM, then follows them to separate location and then steals the cash when the victim isn't looking."

Suspects are from Houston :
"The other man arrested is 20-year-old Zachariah Mekehi Gardner of Houston. He's being charged with Felony Evidence Tampering for attempting to conceal marijuana and Possession of Marijuana, said police. Additionally, warrants have been confirmed and are being served on the passenger.

According to police, evidence of involvement in bank juggings was found in the vehicle and an amount of cash has been seized."

My question is what is the evidence of bank jugging?

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/College-Station-Police-investigating-possible-bank-jugging-incident-566582481.html

dallasiteinsa02
If you have a large amount of cash with no proof of how you got it, that is a problem. It is why a drug dealer will carry his tax refund recepit for a full month to keep from getting distribution charges when they are picked up with cash after completing their dealing.
95_Aggie
AG
doubledog said:

My question is what is the evidence of bank jugging?

I am assuming they have some details they aren't releasing to the public yet.
BQ_90
AG
I would assume the bank has a record of the SN on the bills coming out of atm machine. So if the person who got money from atm said it was stolen before they spent it that would be the evidence or could be evidence
BQ_90
AG
That atm is bad location IMO. I use it but I've drove off without money when I see bunch of people walking around the machines. You get people walking from Kroger gas station and the left atm is right there. Also on the right atm there is parking lot, I avoid that one if there are people in cars in that parking lot
JP76
Aren't there limits on ATM withdrawals per transaction ? I think my bank caps it at $300 per transaction to help minimize fraud in case the card is lost or stolen.
91_Aggie
AG
Yeah atm has limits. People waiting to to follow you for maybe $400 if you took out the max?!?!
EMY92
AG
Two thugs killed an older man in NYC over a dollar last week.
Duckhook
AG
BQ_90 said:

I would assume the bank has a record of the SN on the bills coming out of atm machine. So if the person who got money from atm said it was stolen before they spent it that would be the evidence or could be evidence

Banks do not keep records of serial numbers of currency in ATMs.
doubledog
Duckhook said:

BQ_90 said:

The only incriminating evidence (other than the weed charge) I have seen so far is that one of these criminal masterminds posted a "confession" on his facebook page.
LOYAL AG
AG
doubledog said:

Duckhook said:

BQ_90 said:

The only incriminating evidence (other than the weed charge) I have seen so far is that one of these criminal masterminds posted a "confession" on his facebook page.
You laugh but several years ago a buddy had a gun stolen from his truck. A few weeks later the thief was selling the gun on Facebook and showed the serial number in the ad. Police set up a sting and my buddy got his gun back. Online makes people do some really stupid things.
frito bandito
Duckhook said:

BQ_90 said:

Banks keep copies of the serial numbers for their bait money. Not practical to do it for anything else.
MisterShipWreck
frito bandito said:

Duckhook said:

BQ_90 said:

Banks keep copies of the serial numbers for their bait money. Not practical to do it for anything else.
Well, at Chase bank (inside) - any cash given to you comes out of a machine (and the teller gets it from the machine) - I can totally see that they are scanning the serial #'s of bills before they are given to you.
Al Bula
AG
Quote:

According to police, officers found a tool to break windows and about $2,500 in cash on the pair. They also found posts on Facebook dating back to 2018 where they bragged about "hitting up Chase/Wells Fargo banks."
Love a good stupid criminal story with a happy ending.
AggiePhil
AG
MisterShipWreck said:

frito bandito said:

Duckhook said:

BQ_90 said:

Well, at Chase bank (inside) - any cash given to you comes out of a machine (and the teller gets it from the machine) - I can totally see that they are scanning the serial #'s of bills before they are given to you.
Not true.
txyaloo
AG
MisterShipWreck said:

frito bandito said:

Duckhook said:

BQ_90 said:

I work for one of the largest ATM manufacturers... ATMs do not scan bill serial numbers as they're dispensed. Also, most outside ATMs have cash replenished by a CIT vendor (Loomis, Garda, etc). They don't keep track of the serials that go into the ATMs.

I highly doubt anything in the branch is scanning the serials of the bills.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.