Looking to Serve a Meal on Christmas Day

1,954 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by happyinBCS
iisanaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My family will be in town this year on Christmas day, and I am looking for a place where we can volunteer to serve and/or deliver a meal. What places or organizations do this?
new straw
I know you're probably looking for homeless shelters and such (that's amazing! Thank you!) but a lot of those have overwhelming amounts of volunteers. Maybe also consider bringing snacks (healthy or not) to a unit of first responders? Idk. Seems like they would appreciate it too. I'm a nurse working Christmas, and I know st joes does a lot for us, but not sure how it works with the first responders.
Sinuso
AG
Check with local nursing homes about residents who have no family or their families won't show up for whatever reason. Take some Christmas cards, cookies, candy, etc. with you and enjoy a few hours of "family time"....
happyinBCS
Did you ever find anything that would work for you Christmas Day seems to be pretty quiet since most of the students are gone
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.