Clark Ealy resigning

7,783 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieBB
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
To take similar position in Cibalo area of San Antonio

[This thread will remain civil and trolling free or posters will get banned for a minimum of 30 days if they have a post removed for either of those infractions. There is the warning. -Staff]
Turf96
What an amazing year for CSISD. The future is looking brighter.
TAMU1990
AG
Turf, be careful what you wish for. Ealy did a good job as super and not every candidate out there will be an "upgrade" in your mind. I will be extremely surprised if the replacement isn't an "outsider" from a large district. There will be a lot of interest in this job and most of the replacements won't give two rips about rezoning. It happens with regularity in larger districts.

Ealy could of easily been more aggressive on the last rezone - you haven't seen the data and how it's used while making these decisions. They took the conservative route.
halibut sinclair
Who?
gibby03
AG
There's someone that's an Assistant Super that I believe will have a GREAT shot to get that job. Be curious to see if they go "in house" or outside.
MTTANK
AG
Turf96 said:

What an amazing year for CSISD. The future is looking brighter.
GIG 'EM
Turf96
Use the data how you like but don't change the data as you go. You and I both know the numbers moved like an ocean. We couldn't get good data on several attempts. Now who controlled that may be up for debate and I'm not saying it was the supt. What I'm saying is when number appear to move to fit an agenda under your watch the natives get restless.

Rezone may happen but calll it like you see it, from my view the last rezone was a sham started by a smear campaign form one side of town. The way one board member talked to kids and parents was no better than our joke of an impeachment trail we are having in Washington now. The way the group went into recess and were heard celebrating the pain of their studens was uncalled for. Asking what are they going to do come get us now. A board member writing that a lady could suck it and then sayjng they forgot the word up. Then writing a kiss my backside half hearted apology. I don't have all the data but I have enough to know how it looked to me. I know it can get worse but I plan to be optimistic and go with it will get better. Hope I'm right. We have a good district but we don't need to burn it down to fit somebodies numbers. Bottom line is you will never stop winners from winning and losers from losing. It is just life. You can try but in end the cream will always rise.

I do hear you however so i hope to keep this civil and pray that I am right about it getting better. Not for me or you but for our children. Best of luck to you and your kids as well.
aggiepaintrain
AG
They need to go outside that's for sure
scs01
Wendy 1990 said:

Turf, be careful what you wish for. Ealy did a good job as super and not every candidate out there will be an "upgrade" in your mind.
Mostly with Wendy on this one. I did not like the board's zoning policies at times, and I think Ealy did not handle the grandfathering issue well the last time. Other than that, I never had a problem with him. Even on that issue, he was responding in part to what his bosses (the board, or at least a majority thereof) wanted. On a side note, with the board turnover, we're going to have a big overall change in district leadership. I had been wondering if Ealy might jump ship given these changes.

Many of us also forget that most of the decisions made by the administration have little to do with rezoning. The district isn't perfect, but it is very well run within the constraints set by finances, etc. I wish Ealy well and hope we do as well with the next one.

Wicked Good Ag
gibby03 said:

There's someone that's an Assistant Super that I believe will have a GREAT shot to get that job. Be curious to see if they go "in house" or outside.

If you are talking about Martindale we loved him at Rock Prairie years ago and saw him in admin in his future and quickly he moved up. I liked Ealy for various reasons. I didn't agree on grandfathering like many others and I think the Board was somewhat dismissive of the parents more so than they should have been but we are growing at a rapid pace so rezoning will be occurring frequently at all levels in the next few years
Fonzie Scheme
AG
So, does this mean Martindale is the next super? Edit: just saw the above post, so yeah.
Wicked Good Ag
Martingale named interim super as Ealy left mid semester. Good choice. Would have no problem if made permanent
TLIAC
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Martingale named interim super as Ealy left mid semester. Good choice. Would have no problem if made permanent
I agree. I think that Martindale would make an excellent superintendent. I worked with him when I was the School Resource Officer at CSHS. He has a level head on his shoulders and he expects a lot of his staff and the students. He is fair and reasonable and he fosters a team atmosphere.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
It seems like the new job description/opening approved by the Board last night, was written for Martindale. If so, I'm a fan! Why go outside and get someone who doesn't have tenure and experience with the district just to promote "change".

You see this in great corporations all the time...the future leaders rise to the top, have multiple job title changes and experience, are vetted over a course of years, time-tested in different scenarios, and actually know and understand the company when they eventually take the top leadership role. Seems to be a good formula most of the time, if the company board and executive leadership have done a good job in selecting the right candidates.

Will be interesting to see how the Board leadership changes impact this critically important hire at this juncture for the district.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
TLIAC said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

I agree. I think that Martindale would make an excellent superintendent. I worked with him when I was the School Resource Officer at CSHS. He has a level head on his shoulders and he expects a lot of his staff and the students. He is fair and reasonable and he fosters a team atmosphere.
Don't think you could ask for much more in a top-level leader than what you described. Appreciate you sharing your experience.
Monywolf
Martindale is fantastic. I'm pulling for him to get the job full time.
MTTANK
AG
I have heard nothing but good things about Martindale as well. Ealy did not believe in school choice, I just pray that Martindale does. I fear he might continue the ridiculous and WOKE forced busing for "demographics". I think the district will be sued and cost the tax payers if so. I also think it will continue to drive csisd closer to mediocrity. Already B rated instead of A, and the previous garbage rezoning has not even had time to play out in the numbers.
GIG 'EM
91_Aggie
AG
MTTANK said:

I have heard nothing but good things about Martindale as well. Ealy did not believe in school choice, I just pray that Martindale does. I fear he might continue the ridiculous and WOKE forced busing for "demographics". I think the district will be sued and cost the tax payers if so. I also think it will continue to drive csisd closer to mediocrity. Already B rated instead of A, and the previous garbage rezoning has not even had time to play out in the numbers.
The "woke" forced busing has been happening long before CSHS opened.
this is not new. all the elementary schools were doing since at least 2005
MTTANK
AG
There are only a small handful of school districts out of the over 1200 in the entire state of Texas that use Socioeconomic status as a factor for zoning. Everyone else uses proximity, which makes sense. We are the only school district in the entire state of Texas that uses the amount of money students parents make as the #1 factor in rezoning. To take it a step further, this last rezone used under 14% difference as the threshold to rezone because of low SES. Never has CSISD or ANY ISD in the entire United States used that small of a threshold to rezone for SES. Its well known that the vast majority of low income as well as high income parents believe in school choice.

WOKE was probably the wrong word to use, considering we are using forced busing on low income students that live in walking distance to Consol over to CSHS.
GIG 'EM
SARATOGA
THIS IS NOT HARD.

IT HAS TO BE FAIR.

1) Build another 2 high schools. Yes. Increase taxes a few pennies to do it. The town is growing. Deal with it.
2) I don't care where my kid goes to school, both of the current ones are good. And if I shared my address, You'd see I would easily have a reason to care.
3) Take out a sheet of paper. Number the SES kids 1-500. (or however many)

1-250 go to CSHS
250 - 500 go to Consol.
(or vice versa)

Half here half there. Simple. No gerrymandered zoning required !

Hopefully whoever comes next is interested in what is simple and fair, and dedicated to out of the box thinking that makes that happen.
Agmaker
Not meaning to start a thing here but "who is that fair to?"
What's seems fair to some may not seem fair to others. It's quite easy to say it needs to be fair. Is that fair to the SES families. How many of those 250 will need to be bussed. Is that fair?
MTTANK
AG
Correct, Agmaker. Thats why no other school districts in the entire state of Texas use SES as the number one factor in rezoning, and .1% or less use SES in any form at all.
GIG 'EM
SARATOGA
How many of the SES are bussed now ?

Cause you'd have 500 - Number close enough to walk/ride bike = Amount to bus.

Doesn't any kid have the option to ride the bus ? Or is there a point where they are so close they can't be bussed ?

I'm asking.

But Zoning lines and SES need to be two totality different conversations.
There should be an equal amount of SES at each school (if that is the issue).
And there shouldn't be any crazy gerrymandered zoning lines.

Rezonings naturally happen when new schools open, so redo again when Brazos River High opens.

Again, I don't care which school my kid goes to. Currently, we'd drive past one because we're zoned to the other. But gerrymandering lines and bussing for one group of a socioeconomic class feels wrong on every level.
Agmaker
Yes. No bus service available for students within a specific distance from any school in question. This convo is better suited for another thread (there has been many threads about this on here) and has been beaten to death since the zoning for CSHS first started. However, I would suggest simply that bussing for statistical demographic make up of school campus is bad policy.
SARATOGA
But that is exactly what is happening now. Its just that they are gerrymandering school zones to do it plucking neighborhoods or part of neghborhoods at a time. And the inconsistency and randomness and maybe poor intentions are what causes people to get angry.
Agmaker
Welcome to the party Saratoga! This discussion has been going on in CS for the past six yrs.
Tailgate88
AG
Congratulations to Mike Martindale!

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/CSISD-announces-finalist-for-superintendent-568173181.html
KaneIsAble
AG
Just saw that....
TLIAC
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Congratulations to Mike Martindale!

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/CSISD-announces-finalist-for-superintendent-568173181.html
This makes me super happy!
Tailgate88
AG
Me too!
AggieBB
AG
Huge upgrade!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.