Clark Ealy resigning

3,590 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by TLIAC
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
To take similar position in Cibalo area of San Antonio

[This thread will remain civil and trolling free or posters will get banned for a minimum of 30 days if they have a post removed for either of those infractions. There is the warning. -Staff]
Turf96
What an amazing year for CSISD. The future is looking brighter.
Wendy 1990
AG
Turf, be careful what you wish for. Ealy did a good job as super and not every candidate out there will be an "upgrade" in your mind. I will be extremely surprised if the replacement isn't an "outsider" from a large district. There will be a lot of interest in this job and most of the replacements won't give two rips about rezoning. It happens with regularity in larger districts.

Ealy could of easily been more aggressive on the last rezone - you haven't seen the data and how it's used while making these decisions. They took the conservative route.
halibut sinclair
Who?
gibby03
AG
There's someone that's an Assistant Super that I believe will have a GREAT shot to get that job. Be curious to see if they go "in house" or outside.
MTTANK
AG
Turf96 said:

What an amazing year for CSISD. The future is looking brighter.
GIG 'EM
Turf96
Use the data how you like but don't change the data as you go. You and I both know the numbers moved like an ocean. We couldn't get good data on several attempts. Now who controlled that may be up for debate and I'm not saying it was the supt. What I'm saying is when number appear to move to fit an agenda under your watch the natives get restless.

Rezone may happen but calll it like you see it, from my view the last rezone was a sham started by a smear campaign form one side of town. The way one board member talked to kids and parents was no better than our joke of an impeachment trail we are having in Washington now. The way the group went into recess and were heard celebrating the pain of their studens was uncalled for. Asking what are they going to do come get us now. A board member writing that a lady could suck it and then sayjng they forgot the word up. Then writing a kiss my backside half hearted apology. I don't have all the data but I have enough to know how it looked to me. I know it can get worse but I plan to be optimistic and go with it will get better. Hope I'm right. We have a good district but we don't need to burn it down to fit somebodies numbers. Bottom line is you will never stop winners from winning and losers from losing. It is just life. You can try but in end the cream will always rise.

I do hear you however so i hope to keep this civil and pray that I am right about it getting better. Not for me or you but for our children. Best of luck to you and your kids as well.
aggiepaintrain
AG
They need to go outside that's for sure
scs01
Wendy 1990 said:

Turf, be careful what you wish for. Ealy did a good job as super and not every candidate out there will be an "upgrade" in your mind.
Mostly with Wendy on this one. I did not like the board's zoning policies at times, and I think Ealy did not handle the grandfathering issue well the last time. Other than that, I never had a problem with him. Even on that issue, he was responding in part to what his bosses (the board, or at least a majority thereof) wanted. On a side note, with the board turnover, we're going to have a big overall change in district leadership. I had been wondering if Ealy might jump ship given these changes.

Many of us also forget that most of the decisions made by the administration have little to do with rezoning. The district isn't perfect, but it is very well run within the constraints set by finances, etc. I wish Ealy well and hope we do as well with the next one.

Wicked Good Ag
gibby03 said:

There's someone that's an Assistant Super that I believe will have a GREAT shot to get that job. Be curious to see if they go "in house" or outside.

If you are talking about Martindale we loved him at Rock Prairie years ago and saw him in admin in his future and quickly he moved up. I liked Ealy for various reasons. I didn't agree on grandfathering like many others and I think the Board was somewhat dismissive of the parents more so than they should have been but we are growing at a rapid pace so rezoning will be occurring frequently at all levels in the next few years
Fonzie Scheme
AG
So, does this mean Martindale is the next super? Edit: just saw the above post, so yeah.
Wicked Good Ag
Martingale named interim super as Ealy left mid semester. Good choice. Would have no problem if made permanent
TLIAC
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Martingale named interim super as Ealy left mid semester. Good choice. Would have no problem if made permanent
I agree. I think that Martindale would make an excellent superintendent. I worked with him when I was the School Resource Officer at CSHS. He has a level head on his shoulders and he expects a lot of his staff and the students. He is fair and reasonable and he fosters a team atmosphere.
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.