PSA - Zoner's is not closed

4,627 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by happyinBCS
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That is all.
dubi
trouble
Broncos
BCSWguru
fulofenergy
I must have missed something with these posts lately. Why would people think that Zoners or Napa Flats (a post a few days ago) were closed?
ratfacemcdougal
BlueMiles
jja79
AG
Why do they have a menu online with no prices?
bobinator
AG
It probably will be soon? We tried it out and it was okay I guess, but no real reason to go back.
FamousAgg
Never heard of it. How good can it be? Lived here from 2006-2011 and 2015- present
Captn_Ag05
AG
It opened what, 3-4 months ago?
Aggie
AG
i Just don't see them making it in that location

bobinator
AG
The location is actually not bad if their food was good enough to attract the townie crowd, but I don't think it is.
frito bandito
That shopping center makes no sense.
JMac03
AG
fulofenergy said:

I must have missed something with these posts lately. Why would people think that Zoners or Napa Flats (a post a few days ago) were closed?
This one someone thought they saw a For Lease sign in the window, but it was the vacant place next door.
nwspmp
I've been there a few times. TBH, I like the pizza type. It's good, simple thin-crust, plenty of decent quality cheese. My aunt had a meatball sub that was pretty good too.

I think part of the problem may be that the front counter people, about half the time, have been just cutting a $5 coupon out of the menu and applying it to the meal. While, I was surprised and happy at it, taking $5 off a $12 lunch can't be good for the profits

A few times I've gone I've been concerned about the customer level, but the last two times it's been pretty decent.
TxSquarebody
Who?
AggieBarstool
bobinator said:

The location is actually not bad if their food was good enough to attract the townie crowd, but I don't think it is.
It's a mixed bag. First time I had their wings, I swear they were the best I've ever had. Second time I had them, they were "just okay." Haven't really had a reason to go back to see what side of the spectrum the weeks fall on this week.

I hope they make it though the quieter weeks now that students will be leaving in droves.
bobinator
AG
We got a pizza and I'd say it's replacement level pizza. Tastes like your standard carry out/delivery pizza to me. Not bad, not anything noteworthy. I also got the chicken and waffles to try and it was pretty bad. Pretty sure it was just frozen fried chicken and maybe even a frozen waffle.
jeffk
AG
Thanks for the thread.

I actually really like their wings. Larger, good seasonings/sauces.
new straw
Sorry my post on the comings and goings thread started this thread. I saw a for lease sign in the rental space next to zoners at about 1 pm on a Tuesday or Wednesday (with one car in the parking lot) I think it was fair to assume they had closed. (I frequent the area for 1541 coffee around that time, and have never seen it busy) I have visited zoners. While I am always rooting for a local place, I got chewy wings and lackluster cheesy bread when I went. I hope that was just a mishap.
Post removed:
by user
drivinwest
AG
I had no idea this place existed and I'm in that neighborhood frequently.
Crusader
Zoners is in a terrible location. Not on any beaten path, but hidden behind Walmart.

My wife and I went there for lunch about a month ago, and at noon, we were the only customers in the store. The service was marginal and the food wasn't too great either. As we were leaving, a couple of workmen came in for lunch, but we never saw any other customers. I hope they make it, but I seriously doubt it.
davido
AG
Went the other night. Only ones there, but they had a to-go order while we were there and it was a late dinner.

The wings are pretty decent. Huge! Pizza seemed OK also. Not amazing, but a good little neighborhood place that would double for game watching.
happyinBCS
Don't think it will make it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.