Celebrating 18 years of bliss with the wife tonight...

3,827 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Txmoe
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

We got babysitters tonight (grandparents) so gonna go celebrate 18 years tonight...

Where should we go for dinner? Bear in mind I'd rather have good food in a bad place than bad food in a good place... so hole in the wall places are fine with us...

Expert Analysis
AG
Napa Flats
halibut sinclair
Expert Analysis said:

Napa Flats
I heard it closed??
Tailgate88
AG
Messina Hof or Ronin.
montegobay
We liked Porter's.
trouble
AG
Ronin
Primrose Path
Donny Hall
take an hour drive to Leona General store for a good steak and some adventure.
Wicked Good Ag
studioone said:

We got babysitters tonight (grandparents) so gonna go celebrate 18 years tonight...

Where should we go for dinner? Bear in mind I'd rather have good food in a bad place than bad food in a good place... so hole in the wall places are fine with us...

So how long you been married ??
studioone
that would be EIGHTEEN..

and we're gonna try Amico Nave..
91_Aggie
AG
Madden's
Wicked Good Ag
studioone said:

that would be EIGHTEEN..

and we're gonna try Amico Nave..

I was joking about the bliss of 18 years vs actual years.
Should have put a wink emoji
Bucketrunner
Leona has catfish on Thursdays. Steak only on Friday and Saturday
Battered.Ag
AG
91_Aggie said:

Madden's
late but absolutely.
studioone
yes..

but we went to Amico Nave..
Battered.Ag
AG
were you impressed? Used to be really good, but I had a couple questionable experiences about a year or so ago and haven't been back.
BCSLocal01
Shrimp Diablo is my go to dish. Had a few others that were decent, but that shrimp diablo is awesome and the reason we go to amico nave
Builder93
AG
BCSLocal01 said:

Shrimp Diablo is my go to dish. Had a few others that were decent, but that shrimp diablo is awesome and the reason we go to amico nave

Is it the same shrimp Diablo they make at Shipwreck? If so, I will definitely be taking the wife to AN. Actually, I can't believe I haven't been there yet.
75AG
AG
Just for future consideration, and in my most humble opinion, Luigi's is the best Italian in town. Best ambiance, best wine selection, and best food.
Battered.Ag
AG
75AG said:

Just for future consideration, and in my most humble opinion, Luigi's is the best Italian in town. Best ambiance, best wine selection, and best food.
Luigi's is certainly the best Italian in town. Nice for a change of pace sometimes, though, and I missed that in Amico Nave when I felt quality of ingredients went to pot.
studioone
dislike luigi's immensely...

They have a very loud atmosphere... usually live music.. I cant hear my wife talk... we have 8 year old twins and there is CONSTANT noise at our house and we cannot have a decent conversation, ever...

I want quiet... so I can talk to my wife and enjoy a dinner at the same time.

halibut sinclair
Also not a big fan of Luigi's.
BCSLocal01
I'm not sure, probably been to shipwreck twice ever so I'm not familiar with what they have. It's on my list of places to go more, just never find myself actually going. No reason why, just doesn't pop in my head to go there
AggieBarstool
I have never been to Luigi's when there was live music, and we go frequently.
75AG
AG
Music may start at 7, but there's live music almost every night. And if you haven't heard the owner join in with his clarinet to the 3-piece combo, you're missing something!
AggieBarstool
75AG said:

Music may start at 7, but there's live music almost every night. And if you haven't heard the owner join in with his clarinet to the 3-piece combo, you're missing something!
Good to know! May have to take the wife for drinks, since we normally have dinner before 7.
Txmoe
AG
Wife and I have also had 18 years of bliss...of course, we've been married for 31 years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.