BCS Marathon & Half Marathon this Sunday 12/8

2,230 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 91_Aggie
bushytailed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's race week y'all! Please be patient as me and a couple thousand of my closest friends try to finish this race (and get out of your way) as quickly as we can. Thanks in advance for your support and patience!
Tailgate88
AG
I was wondering why the BCS Christmas parade didn't start until 3:00 this year.

Good luck to all runners. I did the half a few times before hip issues ended my running career. Great race for a great cause!
redd38
AG
The marathon and the parade are the same day??? Guess I'm staying home that day.
rsa
AG
Here's a link to the race course info, including the road closures and times they will be closed.

http://bcsmarathon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/BCSMarathon_program_2019.pdf
trouble
AG
I'm not sure if we'll be back yet but I need to remember that we won't be able to access our street at all until it's over.

It would really be nice if there was some notification since last year we were caught completely off guard by it.
Swarely
When I did NYC a month ago some old lady with her walker crossed the closed street because she gave zero effs for all us runners. Nearly tricked her cause I wasn't looking.
trouble
AG
I walked out to go get breakfast and was like "WTF is the street closed for?" Couldn't even find anything on kbtx or the eagle websites. After I made coffee (and breakfast), it dawned on me to check the marathon website.
O.G.
trouble said:

I'm not sure if we'll be back yet but I need to remember that we won't be able to access our street at all until it's over.

It would really be nice if there was some notification since last year we were caught completely off guard by it.

It happens every year now. Just like graduation in May/December, just like when the Ags comeback, just like football season and all the other traffic nuances that BCS has.

If we're going to be a big boy town, we're going to have big boy issues.
bushytailed
AG
Apparently there will be a fun run on Sunday between the marathon and the Christmas parade.

Eagle link
trouble
AG
It was my first year living in this house and I had no idea they would completely cut off my entire 1 block street. It was just an annoyance that could have been prevented with better communication.
trouble
AG
Jingle Bell run is always right before the parade.
91_Aggie
AG
going to be bad weather for a marathon... low of 63 high of 73 and 72% humidity.
going to be a slog.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Thanks all! Appreciate the kind words and support every year.
91_Aggie
AG
Also looks like forecast changed by about 10 degrees colder.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.