PSA - NAPA FLATS IS NOT CLOSED

9,850 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by studioone
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You are welcome.
Gigem314
AG
Do not get the gyro with yogurt sauce
maddiedou
AG
I guess i need to go to napa flats since they aint busy
maddiedou
Tailgate88
AG
What? Napa is one of our favorite places.
Broncos
They're on our crap list. We usually have a great experience but the last time we were there the bartender never came back for a second drink order... we sat at the bar, food was good, service was below par. We frequent there often but our last experience burned us.
studioone
went with my wife and her parents not too long ago.. ordered wine, it never came.. ordered appetizer, it never came... never got drinks refilled even though I asked waitress twice... only food I was able to get was their lamb ribs, which were below par. Told the manager and he gave us a free pizza coupon.. oh well..
jja79
AG
Over one subpar experience?
jeffk
AG
I prefer Napa Drumlets.
montegobay
We forget about it. I love the Palo Alto dip but we NEVER have good service there.
Sleepnumber
AG
Has management or ownership changed? I go there often and like it; but it's been months since they've gotten the complete order correct. Always a wrong side, something missing, etc.
halibut sinclair
Dunno. We've never had bad service. Been there too many times to count with large groups, small groups and just the 2 of us at the bar. I think we need to go today.
isitjustme
AG
I don't go to Napa Flats very often, but over the years I've probably gone 6-8 times and can't remember a bad experience with either the food quality or the service. They're a good, sturdy local business.
Wicked Good Ag
We heard the rumor it had closed. Wife saw something on Facebook and we called four time during business hours and never answered.

It may not be closed but has some issues with basic service if it's customers. Wife was upset because she loves the Palo Alto dip
Goose83
AG
There are much better options in town, but some people seem to really like it, so to each his own.

As others have said, the service isn't the best (the food isn't much to get excited about either). We took my elderly mother one night, and even though Stevie Wonder himself could tell she was struggling (she was walking with a cane at the time), the hostess insisted upon sitting us at a table that was at the farthest point from the front door as possible. Needless to say we've never been back.
halibut sinclair
Not directed at anyone in particular, but I often wonder about the customer's general attitude toward their servers when people complain about poor service. We are always friendly and strike up a conversation with our servers, as they are usually college students in this town. I've seen too many people treat waitstaff poorly and order them around like they are above them. A little rapport and friendliness makes for much better service.
gopitt
Totally agree with halibut. Rarely have service issues because I chat with them and don't look down on them and make it amicable.
I've been shocked at how some people treat waiters, waitresses and bartenders. Embarrassing actually. Rude, yelling, throwing fits, etc.
AgGunNut
AG
Would much rather support Wade and go to Amico. Better food and MUCH better service. The food at Napa is usually good, but I've never once had good service there.
Picadillo
NP is one of our favorite places. Have gone with groups of four to as large as 18 and have always had great food and service.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
I went there once. It was for lunch. I had the water. Don't remember much other than that. I don't know if I'd go back again or not. It's kind of in a bad spot for me.

Thanks for listening.
jja79
AG
Good service, good food and nice atmosphere.
halibut sinclair
AgGunNut said:

Would much rather support Wade and go to Amico. Better food and MUCH better service. The food at Napa is usually good, but I've never once had good service there.

Napa Flats is not traditional Italian like Amico Nave. Apples and oranges. Why not support both local places? I personally am not a huge fan of Amico Nave.
BCStalk
Never been to Napa Flats. What is the environment like? I'm not very fond of places I can't show up in jeans and a T-shirt without feeling out of place. Honestly had forgotten this place was even there.
trouble
AG
It's totally jeans and t-shirt friendly.
BCStalk
trouble said:

It's totally jeans and t-shirt friendly.

I mean... you can buy a mattress next door so it's hard to tell these days with restaurants.
scd88
AG
Padre Cafe for the W....

I kid, but I did enjoy their chicken fried steak when I was in college in the mid 80's...

Related as I believe they were in the same shopping center.

Also related - always had good experiences at Napa. Hope they stick around for a while.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Palo Alto dip.
annie88
AG
Broncos said:

They're on our crap list. We usually have a great experience but the last time we were there the bartender never came back for a second drink order... we sat at the bar, food was good, service was below par. We frequent there often but our last experience burned us.

So one experience turned you off completely after having such good experiences every other time? Maybe give it another chance, any restaurant can have bad service one day.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
annie88
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

Palo Alto dip.

Yes this stuff is awesome. I also love their pistachio gelato.

It is the only restaurant in town that I like their salmon. I'm typically not a salmon fan, at most restaurants in town it's gross and fishy, for some reason Napa flats is not. But I like several other things there too.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I hope it doesn't close because I'm retiring there soon and am looking for places!
TxSquarebody
[We have not removed any posts based on what the post said about the establishment, we removed an argument that had nothing to do with the specific topic of the thread. We don't protect any businesses on this board and will leave up all reviews as long as they add to the thread. -Staff]

legalbird
Last time I went, my brother's meal came out after I finished my meal...about 20 minutes after my plate.

Waitress said "sorry"

I won't be going back.
woodiewood1
We used to go a time or two a month for supper but the last few times the food was decent but the services was marginal and the meals did not come out at the same time. You should never have to ask for refills two to three times before you get them.

MsDoubleD81
AG
Happy to report Napa Flats was still going strong earlier tonight.
Goose83
AG
annie88 said:

Broncos said:

So one experience turned you off completely after having such good experiences every other time? Maybe give it another chance, any restaurant can have bad service one day.
No business is entitled to a customer's patronage. They should treat each visit as if it were the customer's first.

CharlieBrown17
AG
[Posters are to be respectful on this forum and we do not allow insulting posts or name calling posts on this board. You are on a break and if you post in that manner again when it is expired then you will get a permanent ban. -Staff]
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.