PSA - NAPA FLATS IS NOT CLOSED

9,903 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by studioone
Goose83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
annie88
AG
Goose61 said:

annie88 said:

Broncos said:

They're on our crap list. We usually have a great experience but the last time we were there the bartender never came back for a second drink order... we sat at the bar, food was good, service was below par. We frequent there often but our last experience burned us.

So one experience turned you off completely after having such good experiences every other time? Maybe give it another chance, any restaurant can have bad service one day.
No business is entitled to a customer's patronage. They should treat each visit as if it were the customer's first.
Um, they are humans. Never had a bad day at work yourself? It happens. No one is perfect. How do you know they weren't short on their staff that day when three waiters didn't show up or cooks didn't show up you never know what's going on behind the scenes at a restaurant.

If it happens every time you go then yes that's something different. But to expect absolute perfection every time you go somewhere to me is a little bit ridiculous since no one can be perfect all the time.

I just find it odd that ONE visit out of many would make them never go back. I think that's a bit much but it's just a restaurant if they don't wanna go they don't have to.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
MsDoubleD81
AG
annie88 said:

Goose61 said:

annie88 said:

Broncos said:

They're on our crap list. We usually have a great experience but the last time we were there the bartender never came back for a second drink order... we sat at the bar, food was good, service was below par. We frequent there often but our last experience burned us.

So one experience turned you off completely after having such good experiences every other time? Maybe give it another chance, any restaurant can have bad service one day.
No business is entitled to a customer's patronage. They should treat each visit as if it were the customer's first.
Um, they are humans. Never had a bad day at work yourself? It happens. No one is perfect. How do you know they weren't short on their staff that day when three waiters didn't show up or cooks didn't show up you never know what's going on behind the scenes at a restaurant.

If it happens every time you go then yes that's something different. But to expect absolute perfection every time you go somewhere to me is a little bit ridiculous since no one can be perfect all the time.

I just find it odd that ONE visit out of many would make them never go back. I think that's a bit much but it's just a restaurant if they don't wanna go they don't have to.

You go Annie!!!
MiMi
S
Went to Napa Flats for dinner tonight. Excellent service (thanks Cory!); food was brought out quick, correct, and all at the same time.
AnyJaneDoe
I've always thought the food at Napa Flats is among the best in town. I actually prefer it to Christopher's or some of the higher price options. Most places I find one item I like and always order it, but at NP there are many items that I LOVE. (California Cobb, Chonburi Shrimp, Tony's Bowtie, Mush and Spin Pizza)

BUT, I do have to agree, the last two times I've been in I've had HORRIBLE service.

Went in for lunch on a weekday a couple of weeks ago at about 1:20 pm. (This is before graduation week, etc) There were probably six or seven seated tables in the whole place. We were seated at one of those three booths on the far wall. A server (maybe the bartender?) immediately came up to take drink order. When she came back with drinks we needed another minute. After that she was nowhere to be found. We were looking everywhere and I tried to flag down other employees. LITERALLY 15 minutes later she came back to take our order. We ordered an appetizer that never came and the food took 30 minutes. I'm not exaggerating because what we intended to be a regular lunch and then back to work didn't end until 3pm. After food was served, she never came back to check on us and then I had to get up to find her to bring the check. The lull between lunch and dinner is a common time for inattentive service, but this was ridiculous.

Then, went in last Saturday night at 9pm. This WAS graduation weekend and I'm sure they had all been working themselves to death for days. A women came to take our drink order, took our food order, and then said our waiter would be over. (?) About a half an hour later, a male server came over to check on us and said he would check on our food. Someone clearly didn't turn in the ticket because then it took another 10 - 15 minutes to get served. (Two salads and a side of pasta)

Really disappointed. Should probably have talked to a manager but didn't feel like it at the time so thanks for the opportunity to vent now!

OP - what does your subject line mean? Why would you think they were closed?
studioone
AnyJaneDoe said:

I've always thought the food at Napa Flats is among the best in town. I actually prefer it to Christopher's or some of the higher price options. Most places I find one item I like and always order it, but at NP there are many items that I LOVE. (California Cobb, Chonburi Shrimp, Tony's Bowtie, Mush and Spin Pizza)

BUT, I do have to agree, the last two times I've been in I've had HORRIBLE service.

Went in for lunch on a weekday a couple of weeks ago at about 1:20 pm. (This is before graduation week, etc) There were probably six or seven seated tables in the whole place. We were seated at one of those three booths on the far wall. A server (maybe the bartender?) immediately came up to take drink order. When she came back with drinks we needed another minute. After that she was nowhere to be found. We were looking everywhere and I tried to flag down other employees. LITERALLY 15 minutes later she came back to take our order. We ordered an appetizer that never came and the food took 30 minutes. I'm not exaggerating because what we intended to be a regular lunch and then back to work didn't end until 3pm. After food was served, she never came back to check on us and then I had to get up to find her to bring the check. The lull between lunch and dinner is a common time for inattentive service, but this was ridiculous.

Then, went in last Saturday night at 9pm. This WAS graduation weekend and I'm sure they had all been working themselves to death for days. A women came to take our drink order, took our food order, and then said our waiter would be over. (?) About a half an hour later, a male server came over to check on us and said he would check on our food. Someone clearly didn't turn in the ticket because then it took another 10 - 15 minutes to get served. (Two salads and a side of pasta)

Really disappointed. Should probably have talked to a manager but didn't feel like it at the time so thanks for the opportunity to vent now!

OP - what does your subject line mean? Why would you think they were closed?

well.. apparently way back a bit ago I posted a query about whether NF was closed, as I overheard someone talking about it at Sodalaks...

my post was deleted because 'it was an unsubstantiated rumor'... which I find incredibly odd since 90% of what's on MYBCS is unsubstantiated rumor and the rest is troll postings.. at least that's my opinion...

and thus, this thread was born...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.